A place for thanks and show comments

jljbirdq

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

I haven't said anything here in a while because I haven't had much to say. But Eaton is dead on regarding the care and feeding of trolls; we have been down this road before.

I'm glad the weather worked out for the Hookah folks. There is no need for anyone to rain on someone else's parade, figuratively, even if Mother Nature does it literally. While the fates conspired to keep me from the Jub this year, I'm in for next time regardless of locale and date.

Yes actually someone DID sleep down there...little did you know! Muahhahaha...

I dont know anything about "trolling" , but I do know cynicism when I see it.. People who constantly say "photoshopped" and "bullshit -- didn't happen" ..

I'm so lucky to know Truth and integrity.

From the dark end of the street.......To the Bright Side of the Roaaddd.....

Yes actually someone DID sleep down there...little did you know! Muahhahaha...

I dont know anything about "trolling" , but I do know cynicism when I see it.. People who constantly say "photoshopped" and "bullshit -- didn't happen" ..

I'm so lucky to know Truth and integrity.

From the dark end of the street.......To the Bright Side of the Roaaddd.....

I think you mean "you're an idiot"....

Comesatime, when I said "obviously if he was under the stage he was a musician or crew", I meant that clearly the odds of the person being a musician were strong..and therefore unnescessary to mention... Not that I wasn't sure which he was. No wishy-washy-ness going on. I feel sorry for some of the bands.. glad no one got hurt.. Main stage flooding and who was at least partially to blame for it = hilarious!

I think you mean "you're an idiot"....

Comesatime, when I said "obviously if he was under the stage he was a musician or crew", I meant that clearly the odds of the person being a musician were strong..and therefore unnescessary to mention... Not that I wasn't sure which he was. No wishy-washy-ness going on. I feel sorry for some of the bands.. glad no one got hurt.. Main stage flooding and who was at least partially to blame for it = hilarious!

before you start criticizing another poster's spelling or grammar, perhaps you should spell check yours first ----> "unnescessary" We are all blessed with different strengths and not everyone is a perfect speller. This isn't a grammar contest. I don't know who you are, but I would bet Rob Eaton could run laps around you on guitar.

Furthermore, an air mattress clogging the drain being the reason why it flooded? That is laughable in itself. I wasn't there but all accounts suggest this was very significant flooding and certainly if someone was indeed sleeping under there, I am sure he or she would have gotten up before it became an issue.

Guest Rob Eaton

Clearly this person has an axe to grind... He or she has no idea what happened and was not even there. The only reason for coming on the board here was to stir the pot.. I for one will no longer feed this troll...

Jubilee was an amazing time..for those who attended know how the real truth... bummer mother nature threw a wicked curve ball .....DSO and crew adjusted and knocked it out of the park.....Big Thanks!!! Oh and Rob how about when you guys come to the Newport in Feb. Hows about finishing the last night from the Jubilee ..See you in Buffalo!!

• Forum MVP

Jubilee at Horning's Hideout, yes please

I DEFINITELY second that emotion!

A DSO fest at Horning's in Oregon would be pure bliss,,,

Wherever the Jubilee shows up on the future it is a good thing, but it's worth noting that the West Coast is in a little bit of lack of outdoor DSO shows in general, particularly up here in the NW, and you know, it doesn't rain around here ALL the time...

Carry on,,,

• Forum MVP

I actually enjoyed DSO on the 2nd stage better anyway. It was had a groovy feel vs a spacey feel.

Im still wondering if the small stage influenced the 3rd nights show since the big drums couldnt fit on that stage??? Anyone know if their original set was in the early 70s style because they couldnt use the full drum kits?

I figured I'd let you know all the great that happened . Family camping site was freakin' awesome, very great vibe and we all seriously became one big extended family. The problem solving with the stages was fantastic. The storms helped me sleep. You guys rocked and I was glad that nobody got struck by lightning (sad about shortened show, but needed to drive 10 hours home anyways). Legend Valley is a beautiful place. Sorry about smaller crowd for you guys, but everyone was just so nice and the vibe was so great with the smaller crowd (catch 22, I guess) Anyways, Scott and I both just wanted to make sure you guys all know how much fun we had (best fest. we've been to) and can't wait for Boulder.

Peace,

Kris

:dsorocks: and :crewrocks:

• Advisory Board

Don't feed the Trolls..... The idiot doesn't even know Tim's last name! Nobody was sleeping under the stage...

For ONCE, I am in 100% agreement with Eaton on this one...

I was there and nobody was sleeping under the stage. Your an idiot.

Make that TWICE... ;)

Furthermore, an air mattress clogging the drain being the reason why it flooded? That is laughable in itself. I wasn't there but all accounts suggest this was very significant flooding and certainly if someone was indeed sleeping under there, I am sure he or she would have gotten up before it became an issue.

Yuppers... there's no way that an air-mattress caused the flooding.. when you have a severely dought-ridden county in which Legend Valley resides in, which the ground is so hard-packed, the copious amounts of water pouring down could not be soaked into the ground at all.. The Stage area, and crowd area is in a natural mini-amphitheater, so the water just funneled it's way under the stage and washed it all out. The amount of rain that came down would of washed away the airmattress, even if anyone was sleeping on it...

Had a great time. Crew, DSO, and other bands did a great job of adapting to the conditions (which were not so bad- rained was timed perfectly except for the last night). Loved that the crowd was an intimate one-- feel bad for the folks putting it on that it wasn't better attended and I'm sure money was lost- but to be honest I'd rather attend a festival that I can go to the front of the stage or chill in the back (which is still plenty close) whenever I want. I've stopped attending three different festivals due to larger and larger crowds. Hopefully a happy medium can be found for this one. Loved Legend Valley, brought back some memories from days long gone. Dont see any reason to move the festival from there--- a bit of a drive for me--- but well worth it (could use a few updates- but worked out just fine. Would like to hear a little bit more from the promoter/band--- Did ya'll have a good time? Going to do it again? Want to keep it on Labor day weekend (extra vacation day helps me out)? Did u get a chance to check out the other bands? What did you think?

Thanks again for a great time

Archived