Saturday Fillmore

Island Bro

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

AHHHHHHHHH! that was FUN!

saying my dreams came true tonight is only the beginning..... and THEN there was a spacegator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evangeline it was you I thought of ALL NIGHT LONG you would have been GLOWING! so happy to see your were glowing from here online!

more words tomorrow..... but that was the best!

• Forum MVP

Man...haven't had time to read anything here but THAT three headed guitar monster of Mattson, Eaton and Lesh last night put me on my fucking ass. On my god damn mother fucking ass (sorry...that just came out). :)

From that Straw all the way to the Playin Reprise. What a powerful and energized and inspired set---what a special set. And the second set was inspired as well. A Prudence that was absolutely sublime and a China Doll that came to us from the heavens themselves. When Mattson is playing those loud, fat notes, it's just a good place to be.

That is, hands down, the best original show I've ever seen. I can't think of anything that even touches it.

I was reminded of when Phil was doing an interview in 1990 and the interviewer talked about how well the band played during a second set in Nassau when Branford came to play as a guest. Phil said "Well, we didn't want to disappoint him!"--in that way of his (it was an audio interview), and you got that same feeling with these guys pretty quick last night...all of them living and breathing and loving this music like they do for as long as they have and all of them playing in such an inspired way...it was really something to behold for me. Really something.

Last night was just one of those real special nights in my book.

God fuckin bless these musicians and their fucking band.

:)

Archived