Dark Star Jubilee 2013?

jljbirdq

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sooo I'll guess August 1st thru 4th ... went to a show at Legend Valley/Buckeye Lake that ran July 30 thru Aug 1 (Freedom Fest/WeFest 1999)... and it was very hot (hung out with St Stephen all weekend... but that's another tale) ... and remembering the midsummer Dead shows at Buckeye .... they were hot... so maybe someone's thinking that rain would be certain every Labor Day... and maybe moving it to another weekend would be beneficial....

Sun shine, the weather's fine... rain, I don't mind ~ when it rains and shines... it's just a state of mind

:dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

I'm sure as far as location goes its already being planned for a return to Legend Valley, but considering the results of the recent election, a DSO fest would sure blend nicely with the current mentality in either Washington state or Colorado where things have really opened up and are changing dramatically fast.

I hated to hear all the concerns this year at the jubilee that people had to be so worried about getting pulled over and searched and really watching their backs, etc, etc. Let's all hang somewhere where we can really loosen up and be worry free!

Just sayin' :)

• Forum MVP

I'm sure as far as location goes its already being planned for a return to Legend Valley, but considering the results of the recent election, a DSO fest would sure blend nicely with the current mentality in either Washington state or Colorado where things have really opened up and are changing dramatically fast.

I hated to hear all the concerns this year at the jubilee that people had to be so worried about getting pulled over and searched and really watching their backs, etc, etc. Let's all hang somewhere where we can really loosen up and be worry free!

Just sayin' :)

The issue was only driving afterwards and I think many will likely be driving home clean next year after that interstate scare. Those troopers weren't looking for pot anyway. They wanted to find things that they would get you for in Colorado as well.

At the fest it was like Portugal. Once every couple hours the 2 sheriffs would just drive on the cart through the path and drive back keeping their eyes forward lol. I didnt see any arrests and dont think they wanted to arrest anyone.

Columbus is the spot since 50% of the country is within a half day drive of the Buckeye Lake.

• Advisory Board

What does the donkey know anyway?

NOTHING!! :) I KNOW NOTHING! :)

Well from research I have done in terms of overall knowledge it goes something like this:

1. Einstein

2. Plato

3. Aristotle

4. The Average Donkey ....

Damn... I'm put up there with Einstein, Plato, and Aristotle... I'm impressed! However I'm sure they are all rolling over in their graves ;)

I heard a rumor that the 1st 100 people to book tix for next year got them for $20 each if they proved they were at last years show? Thats just a rumor floating around.

That's a new one to me... I highly doubt that rumor tho... That's ALOT of money to be lost if that were the case...

• Advisory Board

I also would like to point out that the Memorial Day information was not given to me by a band member, or crew member... I'm just repeating what I heard from a passing conversation...

SO...

Its very possible that I'm wrong, which wouldn't be the first time! :)

• Forum MVP

It was a perfect weekend for me. 4th of July would be way too hot for that bowl. No airflow at all near the stage.

Agreed. Labor Day weekend is byfar the best for weather. Too hot at the 4th and much greater chance for rain Memorial Day.

Archived