Dark Star Jubilee 2013?

jljbirdq

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

I am not riding on the RV.  I will be taking a UHaul to Columbus.  Do not intend to sleep in one either.  I am pretty sure we will return to the top of the hill for the madness again. You guys don't want me in an RV.  No one will get any sleep.  I'm loud when awake and when I sleep.  If there's room for the teacher, he can have the space you were giving me.  

• Forum MVP

what in Flip Wilson's name are you taking a UHAUL for ?...

give me one guess - to take Herdy and his stuff back to CO ?.... and I assume Herdy has someone to drive the UHAUL he is taking to the Jubilee back to Maryland correct ? .... saving dollars along the way ??

and the odds of me getting to the Jubilee are very low ..... 9% at this time ... working on it ...

• Forum MVP

Palmetto ..... Magnolia .... Peach ..... Sunshine ......

I failed the test today ... but shall rebound....

job is in a tiny town of McBee ....near the North Carolina border... Head Boys Basketball Coach and Social Studies Teacher .... time to get back into coaching after taking the last 6 years off in that arena .....

still have a few other balls in the hopper .... stay tuned ..... nothing official as of yet

That's pronounced Mac Bee. Good folks in that neck of the woods. Good fishing too.

• Forum MVP

Dark Star in the late slot....interesting. I found the crowd to be extra chatty and fucked up during their late slot show last year. Everyone goes to shows for different reasons and I'm not here to judge but for my preference I prefer a crowd that is present for the music. Dancer's need to stick together....so lets all buy rugs and rug-off a large area. Maybe some re-bar and caution tape too. Should take care of the rocks-on-the-dance-floor problem.  :P  Now once again i'm not here to judge or to say what is right(or that there is a right or wrong), but I go to these shows to connect with the music through dance and it is a very special and sacred thing to me.

• Forum MVP

The chateerbox crowd can take their cocktail party scene to a special section away from those that are there to plug into the music, the vibe, and the energy.

cuposhutthefuckup.jpg

great idea to bring rugs for dancing area. I like spinning in bare feet and them rocks is fuckin annoying. and as for the chatty cathys, lets just get the band to turn it up to eleven. drown em right out! I get way more pissed when some oak tree parks itself in front of me and refuses to even bounce slightly with the music.

• Forum MVP

Electricity is running through the veins.    Circuit will be completed in less than three weeks!!!    Let the energy flow, the postive vibes guide the way!!!!   

Three nights of glorious musical beauty!!!!!      

Couple questions........

Flairblair, barefoot is all you, but how big are the rocks.  Gravel..   57  #10,   crush and run?  

That VIP box, was there room to dance there last year.  I always seem to find the parts furthurest from band, to dance.

We dont like the chatting during the music!!    Yes.......SHUT THE FUCK UP while music is playing should be a constant theme at all shows---but Starr is right, people go for different reasons.   I dont get the other reasons, and never took the time to understand those reasons.  Well....never mind.....I started GD shows for a whole different reason-----but was not long before the cutlure swepped me into the sweet sounds:}

Final, and most important question!!!

Three nights.   Looks like 4 hours of DSO second night.    How did they split it up last year.  Was every night a 4hour night.  Do they chill first night, jam out second night, and give a fair well the third, or is it just long set jams every night?

Trying to figure out which beverage I should plan for each night:}!!

Look forward to seeing faces at Jubilee!!!!!

The rocks are pretty big. I'd say golf ball size to the size of a game die.

The VIP box seemed to have plenty room to dance. It was right by the soundboard so that should provide a good gauge for you of how far away it was from the stage.

All three nights were essentially no different from the usual DSO show, in the sense that you really don't know what they are going to play each night. Played an extended encore the one night because they had extra time and it is their festival. They are generous, which is part of the reason why us show-goers should keep quite and respect them while they play.

I think that may answer all your questions.

See you guys soon!

• Forum MVP

2 weeks until migration. Other than when the lights go out and the band trots on stage, few things quicken the pulse more than hittin the road to paradise after a loooong layoff.

Archived