Dark Star Jubilee 2013?

jljbirdq

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Tough to prognosticate so far out. If we get anything near what's forecast....Jesus...that's Ledges weather! Regardless, wild horses couldn't drag me away...

• Forum MVP

A funny-ass thing just happened to me this morning:

Boss:  Hey Ed, what’s up?

Me:  Hi Bill (yes, his name is Bill)

Bill: So….I see that you are scheduled off for Friday of next week.  Big Plans?

Me: Yes.

Bill:  The thing is, one of our business clients is trying to rush their real estate financing so they can close on the Friday the 24th.  They are good clients so I’m gonna need for you to change your plans around so we can accommodate them.

Me:  Can’t do it Bill.

Bill:   This would be a really big help so I’d like to tell them that we can take care of their request.

Me:  There is no way for me to do this Bill

Bill:  I understand.  We are prepared to give you Tuesday the 28th off so you can still have a longer holiday weekend.  Okay?  Sound good?  Great.

Me:  I’m not going to do it Bill.  Tell the client I can close them on the 28th as long as they have everything to me by Thursday of next week.  Okay? Sound good?  Anything else?

Bill:  Okay.  So there’s no way you can rework your schedule to make this happen?  It would really go a long way in helping us out.  Can you do it as a personal favor to me?

Me:  No.

Bill:  Okay.  This puts us in a tough spot here, you know that right?

Me:  I know.

Bill:  Okay.  Well….I appreciate your consideration.  Say, if something changes you’ll let me know right away, right?

Me:  Right

While my status as a ‘team-player’ may be in serious jeopardy, and I am likely to hear about it for the next year or so, Legend Valley awaits.  Guess what movie I’m gonna watch tonight?

office.jpg

Fucking priceless!  My head is still spinning :)

• Forum MVP

Peter Gibbons: The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.

Bob Porter: Don't... don't care?

Peter Gibbons: It's a problem of motivation, all right? Now if I work my ass off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don't see another dime, so where's the motivation? And here's something else, Bob: I have eight different bosses right now.

Bob Slydell: I beg your pardon?

Peter Gibbons: Eight bosses.

Bob Slydell: Eight?

Peter Gibbons: Eight, Bob. So that means that when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it. That's my only real motivation is not to be hassled, that and the fear of losing my job. But you know, Bob, that will only make someone work just hard enough not to get fired.

nah ... it'll be sweltering hot this time ~

hopefully not ~ hopefully ... the weather will be just exactly perfect :dsorocks:

but, when the Mule played there last spring... Farmer came out and put sunscreen on Warren while he was playing... mainly because he turned very white, then pink... then pinker with the beginnings of red ... and Warren proceeded to improv a song regarding the sunburn set (that's what we call the 5pm slot at the valley)

man it was rough last year. I think warren even sang "why the hell am I playing during the hottest part of the day" 

Gave a hell of a show, for what crowd crawled from the shade. Was awesome with hookah also. 

So last year was a drought ( up till jubilee) and no personal fires were allowed...so its safe to say this year will be different. So my question is what is the fire situation ? Bring my own ring,pit? Any help would be great. thanks.

• Forum MVP

I didn't wander over to the car camping area which was more remote, but down in the bowl there didn't seem to be a good set up for fires. Very little level ground, tight camping under the few trees and grassy knolls. We found staring into a lantern to be nearly as cool as staring at a fire, depending on what you did right before.

• Forum MVP

As Mr_Charlie so eloquently put it:  Weather Report.........Sweeeeeeeeet!!!!:

Fri May 24

30.png

H 72°

L 53°

Partly Cloudy

Chance of rain: 10%

Sat May 25

28.png

H 72°

L 53°

Mostly Cloudy

Chance of rain: 10%

Sun May 26

32.png

H 77°

L 57°

Sunny

Chance of rain: 0%

Something tells me the attendance is gonna be on the Stout side.  It's linin' right up folks :)

• Forum MVP

Good to hear. Level ground rocks! Hell, I'll be worn out when I get there. Friday is going to be an early-to-rise kind of day. And I know past performance does not guarantee future results, but I do have a pretty good track record of playing through.

• Advisory Board

I highly advise anyone who is staying in the RV with Chuck to bring ear plugs... Chuck, I love you buddy, dearly, but damn... I've never heard anyone snore that loud before... I'd say its like a steam locomotive, rolling down the tracks... with a splash of chainsaw mixed in ;)

hey chuck- as a man whose nose has been broken 6! times, I suggest we park near each other so we can offer an alternative to late night drum circles. or perhaps a wagering opportunity for others- I bet I can snore you under the table... 

• Forum MVP

What I hadn't mentioned above is the fact that we have another contender for the title in our RV and that several other notables won't be there this time. If they all showed up it could be some pretty good tag team action for the sleep-deprived fans.

Archived