Dark Star Jubilee 2013?

jljbirdq

• Forum MVP

alright Rick, but just remember that when you comin knockin at the RV door to get warm, I"m gonna bust your balls. Maybe kick you in them too :o

I'm minutes from taking off for the airport here....woohoo!!!!! :excl: :excl: :excl:

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

If I come a knocking it will be to hang out, have a party, or charge a phone, I have plenty of blankets and a lovely lady to keep me warm during the coldest hours. Just don't complain about Jamaica. It could be done w the money you could save sacrificing comfort elsewhere. Love ya buddy. Almost to the herd.

TW - love your Avatar StAlfonzo!  AWESOME!

45 might seem balmy when I see the forecast for Friday nite - a Low of 37?!?  My fears about gettin cooked outta my tent are indeed misguided.   I think I can make this work :)

tick..tock........tick..tock

Hah Thanks!

The weather won't be too bad considering that I'll mostly be retiring at sunrise :)

• Forum MVP

Just want to warn everyone to be super careful on the way in and more importantly on the way out. I damn near got arrested last year leaving....so check you pockets before you leave :o  and be ready to get pulled over.

This is so true.  I advise do not leave the venue with anything.  It was about the scariest thing Ive witnessed.  Saw 4 cars being searched and a trooper was behind us for miles.  I saw at least 30 troopers in a 10 mile stretch going west on the interstate by the venue.  Im guessing they were like you had your fun in Amsterdam and now its our turn.

• Forum MVP

I would double check that Rudedogggg. I believe it is BYOB, although I could be wrong. Those FAQ may have been c+p from All Good. Have fun though!!

Q: What types of vendors will be there?

A: The Dark Star Jubilee Festival Vendor Villages will showcase clothes, jewelry, special imports, and other cool stuff. There will also be concessions of beverages, beers, and good-eats ranging from vegetarian to meat-loving foods. We hope you will enjoy them as much as we did selecting them.

We will BYOB and thought they werent going to sell any, but just saw this revised on the FAQ. 

Just want to warn everyone to be super careful on the way in and more importantly on the way out. I damn near got arrested last year leaving....so check you pockets before you leave :o  and be ready to get pulled over.

This is so true.  I advise do not leave the venue with anything.  It was about the scariest thing Ive witnessed.  Saw 4 cars being searched and a trooper was behind us for miles.  I saw at least 30 troopers in a 10 mile stretch going west on the interstate by the venue.  Im guessing they were like you had your fun in Amsterdam and now its our turn.

I always attempt to going to most backwards way back home. It may help if you brought everything in shopping bags. So when a trooper sees you he thinks you just blew your paycheck at Macy's instead of camping for 3 days ;-)

I really hope it's BYOB, I'd hate to lose a case of beer to a cop. Just remember to not bring any glass bottles obv.

• Forum MVP

I would double check that Rudedogggg. I believe it is BYOB, although I could be wrong. Those FAQ may have been c+p from All Good. Have fun though!!

Q: What types of vendors will be there?

A: The Dark Star Jubilee Festival Vendor Villages will showcase clothes, jewelry, special imports, and other cool stuff. There will also be concessions of beverages, beers, and good-eats ranging from vegetarian to meat-loving foods. We hope you will enjoy them as much as we did selecting them.

We will BYOB and thought they werent going to sell any, but just saw this revised on the FAQ.

• Forum MVP

Anyone else up, pacing the house, still getting things together?   hahahahahaha--------I worked till 10:30 tonight, under flood lights, dancing to DSO, in front of God, clients, and help.  DSO is now starting to creep into my proffesional life-----not really a good thing......but it really made for a long day of labor----easy work!!!   Somehow, the music makes every step a moment of  bliss.  

Safe travels to you all!!!    

I'll meet you at the Jubilee:}

• Forum MVP

All packed up, wife fuming - which is par for this course.

Just closed the client I was referring to in my 'Office Space' post.  Whew.  Too bad I have to stick it out at work until 5 before the shackels are removed and I commence my travels towards the heartland.  The only upshot is that over the next 3.5 hours I can create a softer landing back at work for Tuesday.  My eggs are bound to be poached and scrambled by that point :)

Northward Ho!

Anyone else up, pacing the house, still getting things together?   

No joke, packing it all up tonight too with still so much to do. Doing the same thing you are too Tea for Texas, actually found 2 more clients here that I almost made the mistake of contacting now. It can wait til Monday/Tuesday :)

Glad I joined this forum to talk to you cats, hope we all have a blast at this Jubilee!!!! Leaving tomorrow bright and early!

Big sigh.  My boss told me 6 months ago that I could have an unpaid day (Friday) as long as I gave them advanced notice.  His boss just made a new rule that because others have abused the system, no one can have one now.  I have to go to work Friday now.  I was packing when I got a text from my boss telling me I'm out.  

No more extra work from me.  I'm now just another turd worker.  I used to do stuff that wasn't my job just to help out.  Good luck with that boss.  

I'm still considering coming Saturday but I'm devastated now.  Hopefully time will mellow me and I will be on the road Saturday morning or Friday after 11pm.  

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.  

The text from my boss was fresh when I wrote that post.  A good analogy to my state of mind at that point would be a 5 year old stomping his feet and saying, "I'm not playing anymore".  

It was the perfect storm.  The boss that told me I could have the day off isn't working this Friday.  The policy change just happened in the last month and I didn't know it had changed.  The boss who would have fought for me won't be here Friday. 

Anyway, enough with this boring work talk.  The initial shock is dulling.  You are right Chuck and I'm probably coming Saturday morning.  I just need to refocus.  Accept and move on. 

Tom, I didn't have that experience, but one stressful none the less. Kids got sick this week out of nowhere. Really thought I'd miss the Jubilee. The kids got better. Called my babysitter to confirm for this weekend and they announced that they were very ill. Again thought I'd miss the jubilee. I decided to bring them instead, convinced the wife as well, and so, I will be there. Not quite as relaxing, but at least I am there. I've had many 5 year old moments this week.

See you there!

Archived