Dark Star Jubilee 2013?

jljbirdq

• Advisory Board

who the fuck is Bix and Herdy? Must be some freaks...

Total freaks I hear

So NO GLASS! They will check your car/coolers upon arrival... But you can take your beers and coolers down to the stage area if you want..

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any glass you try to bring in WILL be thrown away, so don't waste your money or the people that are searching time.  Not to sound like a bitch or anything, just follow the rules so all can have good, safe, fun time.  Cans always work and plastic for liquor, etc.

Peace

I agree with the posts about  no glass. They WILL check and you WILL lose anything you bring in glass. The rules at this festival are extremly fair and the security was very cool. Dont cause any problems and you wont have any problems. The atmosphere at this festival is really the best. The  campers, the bands, the campgrounds crew and the light and sound crew all came togehther last year and made the first Jubilee an epic event. Plus you get to eat some Disco Pizza.

Ok---What is disco pizza?

now cool down, boy... settle back, easy Jim ~

at this rate you won't have any questions left in a week or two ... but to answer your question .... It's a play on words ~

thank you, all, for your kind words  ~ 

Sunshine is out today... a nice birthday present, indeed ~ makes me think of the summertime, wide open blue skies, excellent music and good friends ~ countin' down the days 'til the Jubilee ~ and lookin' forward to gettin' my fix this weekend  :wub:

:dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

I have always been a spounge michelle.  I asked why so much as a kid, my parents bought me a encyclapedia set!!    I read every page every volume.  Such a gift for a ADHD child!!  Quick little stories about world facts!!   I kick ass at jeperoady!!!     But I suck at scrabble, so if its a play on words, over my head-----just special about somethings!!!

A week from tonight....I get to Jam to DSO-------and you think I am excited now.   The next couple weeks after a show tends to be my peak!!! 

Cool down yea, settle back, not yet,  easy jim..  have made a lot of people nervous!!!!!!!!!!!

But thanks---I think the skyies cleared, and i see some meaning!!!       hahaha-----and said like a mad scientist----no one knows what someone knows until someone said:}  

I guess my question should  be------how you get your wife into the music?    It takes a certain openess---ya know!!!

I've been trying for years to get my wife into this music...and it hasn't worked, but she has gone to a couple shows with me. Many of us have said, you either "get it" or you don't. My wife is one of those that don't, but she is a special woman. Here's a little story:

7 or 8 years ago DSO played in my town on May 16, happened to be our anniversary. I thought damn, I guess I'll have to miss that one. We made reservations for dinner and my wife drove. She parked about 2 blocks from the restuarant, which also was about 2 blocks from the DSO venue. She sprung the tickets on me and we had a great time at the show. I didn't even know she knew about the show. So I guess after all these years, she "gets it" a little bit.

Peace,

Joe

I GOT MY TICKET TODAY!!!!!!!!!!

:headbang: 

Sorry for shouting but I am really happy. :D 

I am very very excited.....and I JUST saw DSO in Detroit this past Monday....mind melt Dark Star!

  Mickey Hart Band  (on the big stage this time!)

  Yonder Mountain String Band (haven't caught them since their last studio release)

  Karl Denson's Tiny Universe (please play Once You're There!)

  The Wailers (LOVE any Wailers)

  The New Orleans Suspects w/Paul Barrere and Fred Tackett of Little Feat (Love me some Feat too!)

  The Werks (new territory for me......)

  Greensky Bluegrass (aghhhhhhhh!)

  Donna Jean Godchaux Band ft. Jeff Mattson (sweeter with age!)

  John Brown's Body (this years P Groove?)

  Marco Benevento (this years Keller?)

  Elephant Revival (sooooo looking forward to ER…it will be magical!)

  The Pimps of Joytime (will be a highlight….San Francisco Bound!)

  Rumpke Mountain Boys (what would Jubilee be without the Boys?)

  BigEaR (no experience with big ears)

  The Folkadelics (3 years in a row…sweet)

  My Sisters and Brothers (all hail Jerry!)

  The Ark Band (and the Wailers?!  WOW!!!!!)

  Matt Reynolds (pulling double duty again)

PLUS 5 more acts?!

My wishlist, any 5 of the following:

Reverand Peyton’s Big Damn Band

The Ragbirds? (after getting the ball rolling on the 3rd(?) stage last year)

Hot Tuna

Boombox…(logical)

The Spikedrivers (tore it up last year!)

7 Walkers again (classic)

Bruce Hornsby (would be right at home)

Ah who cares?  In DSO I trust!  See ya at the Jubilee!!!!!!

As for the beer question... sometimes your cooler may be looked at ... it's easier to bring cans, mini kegs, or liquor (liquor?  I don't even know her!)

:dsorocks:

:wub:

something tells me you're not getting liqued enough - if you wish I'll consider taking one for the team? :)

• Forum MVP

Yeah don't bring glass. Plenty of good micros in cans now. Plus glass is heavy and it's a faux paux. Too many bare foot peeps. They do open your coolers by the way. They checked ours.

You can't get there a day early or at least you couldn't last year. I do advise getting there early the day the venue opens to get a primo spot. We were on the hill with a great stage view for when we weren't at the stage.

How did the camping work out last year in response to being near the stage? I'm planning on heading out West to check this out to kick off my summer this year. Love the idea of being able to bring your own beer in and to camp within walking distance to the stage. Were the musicians set and ready to roll from one show to the next? Security cool with everything except glass bottles?

Archived