Questions about DSO?

GoingBackTo Where....

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

They have an equipment truck (Mark "pugs" McCreary is the driver)

Mark no longer drives the 18 wheeler for DSO. They have a new driver that they are very happy with. He passed the Times Square test with flying colors. He came on board last year. 

• Forum MVP

Oh my, I just deleted a post.   I was on a good one this morning!!!   To those who read me negative words, please forgive me!   They are gone, and now replaced with rays of lovely light!!   

Thank you all for your input, and your patience with me:}  I am very gratefull!!!   Though odd, I am still very greatful:}  

In all honesty, I should stop asking questions!!  Sometimes you think you know the answer, but when you find the truth, it is furthur from where you thought it would be!!  

Thanks again community for sharing with me your bits and peices of this world. 

I am very thankful!!

• 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

Have not asked a question in a while.   I am finding mystery is better for my soul, and that all good answers will eventually present themselves, in the strangest of places:}!!!

I do have to ask, as I am still shining post show after glow:}

Penn's was so much fun.  Sold out show, but still room for parking, a late night Shakedown.

Penn's would be idea for a 2-3 day run.   Let the hippies camp in the lot.  Charge 20 bucks a camping car.

Fuck----the venue would make but loads. DSO would make good money, as everything is set up for three days straight--and no travel cost.

The area would love the extra revnue-----and the Hippies would be in Heaven.

Penn's---is a annual trip for me now---No doubt.

Just wish they would double or triple up the nights.   

My question to some of you vets------is something like this even possiable?  Other than festivals, has DSO played straight nights at a place like Penn's were people can sleep overnight in lot?

If I won that Poweball lottery-----i think I would seperate from my wife for some time, cause I am finding myself more in love with the music again than anything else.

This is indeed, dangerous personal territory for me:}!!!!!

I read somewhere about someone trying to trade a stolen phone for a ticket in Portland.    What do you think I can get for my wife?!!!!

She is a MD-----and sutures very well-----so hopefully a premium.   Jam in the Sand booking?

Oh my where is this band going to take me!!!!

Have to qualify----just kidding about the wife!!!!!

• Forum MVP

I'll take her. 2 cows and a goat.

Penn's peak would never allow camping in their lot.

After a little while MC you might be missing the 2 cows and the goat:}   Forgot to mention the three kids, three dogs, and mother n law that come with her:}!!!    Its a complete package:}!!!!

As a venue owner, i guess it would be tough to secure the Peak for overnighters.    The place is rather conservative, but still so much fun.  Shakedown must of went on until 2am.  It really just brought back some very fond memories:}!!!

They did have a sobriety check point at one of the entrance.  They took a handful of people to be DUI processed, but over all no LE presence.  

If not Penn's--------Then Pochantos Park in Chesterfield.     Camping onsite, huge outdoor Ampitheatre.  Sorry----- This is my post show Sunny ramble------   I guess DSO alread does this.  Its called Jubille, DSO High School, and Jam in the Sand:}. 

• Forum MVP

I miss the Ledges. I'm looking forward to the Jubiilee.

When they played the Amphitheater there, Pompano Beach offered a nice little Shakedown. I don't remember noticing any camping. I think most places not already designated a park with appropriate facilities would have concerns about overnight camping. Not the least of those would involve insurance and sanitation. Did I mention zoning?

• Forum MVP

Chesterfield may be doable during the week. They probably worry about the damage the dso camper's would do to the park.

Everyone was pretty kind last year.   The Commisionare of VA.  State Parks opened  (speech) for DSO last year. 

I think he introduced them as Black Star Orchestra:}, and sounded really excited to have them back!!!

Glad he did!!!      Campgrounds last year were great.  They did quiet people down around 1am, but it was a awesome first DSO experinece!!!

I am a bit egocentric here, as I think you are right.  I have spent a lot of time in back country, so leave no trace is a behavior for me, but for many drunk others, there could be some hippy damage to a State Park.

I miss the Ledges. I'm looking forward to the Jubiilee.

When they played the Amphitheater there, Pompano Beach offered a nice little Shakedown. I don't remember noticing any camping. I think most places not already designated a park with appropriate facilities would have concerns about overnight camping. Not the least of those would involve insurance and sanitation. Did I mention zoning?

Did not need to mention zoning.   I have spent to much time with zoning boards, and have realized I like none of them:}   The insurance and porta poties all revenue dependent.  Meaning...you make enough money, you can pay that stuff off, but zoning boards get political, so I have no response to that......other than-------- if there is a will, and revenue..... there is a way.

Ahhh----just wishful thinking-----thanks for offering words to ground me again:}!!!!   I am still flying high from only two days of music:}

Three days  of Jubilee is going to get me to Buddah:}

• Forum MVP

I'm picturing in my mind's eye the hippies camping for a 3 day run in the little park just down the street from, using as an example of a typical city involved in a typical daydream, Bergen PAC. That is in Jersey of course, so where there's money there's probably a way. Probably requiring a lot of money in a commercial district. Not just marginally revenue dependent, but major bourgeois profits.

I'm just not sure how the neighbors would feel about the beauty parlors being filed with sailors while the circus is in town.

• Forum MVP

That is in Jersey of course, so where there's money there's probably a way. Probably requiring a lot of money in a commercial district. Not just marginally revenue dependent, but major bourgeois profits.

In walks the blind commissioner...

• Forum MVP

anyone remember vasa park? that place was sick....could easily accommodate camping.

this was a great show-

Show: 1580 • 08/09/2008 Vasa Park, Hackettstown, NJ Original Setlist Set 1: US Blues, Greatest Story, Ramble on Rose, Big Iron> Cumberland, Cosmic Charlie, Masterpiece, Built to Last, Lazy Lightning> Supplication, Help on the Way> Slipkot> Franklin's Tower
Set 2: Not Fade Away> Estimated Prophet> Dark Star (2nd verse)> Alligator> Drums> Space> Weather Report Suite> Let It Grow> Sing Me Back Home> Alligator (reprise)> Goin Down the Road Feelin Bad> Not Fade Away (reprise)
Encore: Waiting for a Miracle, How Sweet It Is

• Forum MVP

FUCKING THANK YOU GUYS FOR GETTING IT!!!    Why do i get chills from reading the past several post!!!  

Why-----cuase there is no one I know with in 100miles of me that could even understand what the fuck "you two" just spout out!!  At least friends of mine!!!!!

I get, I love it, and the words make me smile:}

Oh yea.....    Would never try to organize anything in New Jersey.   I graduated HS in a little town of Randolph, NJ.   Was there a very short time, but long enough to know that there are levels of pay offs in Jersey.  Jersey is one of the most diverse geological and biological places in the States!!  It really is a fascinating place, but not a place I would ever do buisness.   Belive it or not, the first bear I ever saw was on I-80 near De Water Gap!!!

Oh yea.....   never drive your car on a foggy morning in North Jersey.  They charge you to clean up the poor dear you killed on the road:}

Never ever call a NJ State Policeman Dude-------"  I am a New Jersey State Police officer, So STOP calling me Dude" ----yes Sir, I am sorry!!!!:}!!! And the judges never die, and remember your ass from 20 years prior!!! 

Yep Chuck....In Jersey....there would ideally be a high surcharge for such an event!!!   

Still, Thanks guys for your replies.....Desolation is one of those songs I have been waiting to hear.    I got my masterpeice at Penns...  but still have the Jones for Dylan played GD style!!!      Funny thing is.   I always say the "Cirucus is in town" at every show.  

Happiness is GD music;}

Quick edit, as I was going to mention something about Budd lake----LOL-----Star Child beat me too it with a date and show to boot!!!      

Very tough drug laws in Jersey, they dont fuck around!!!

• Forum MVP

The only other person I know from Randolph owes me a boat load of money....YOU reading this? Yea, I wont drop any names.

Ahhh vasa park, I remember dancing under the pavilion, just you me and Kyle. All the space in the world....ALLIGATOOORORRRRR!!!

• Forum MVP

The only other person I know from Randolph owes me a boat load of money....YOU reading this? Yea, I wont drop any names.

Ahhh vasa park, I remember dancing under the pavilion, just you me and Kyle. All the space in the world....ALLIGATOOORORRRRR!!!

Not from Randolph, just transfered up there last 6 months of school so i could graduate!!!    Had a hard time showing up to school during tours:}!!!   Parents thought it would be better if I went to Jersey:}!!!!!!!!!!!!      Everyone here should laugh at that------My parents got me so  much closer to Nassua, MSG, Three Rivers, Orchard Park, Richfield, Buckeye, Knickerbocker, Meadowlands-----hahahahaha-------Copps:}     

But-----one thing about being a completely smart fuck up.   No one wants you back in their school.   Missed 112 days out of 180 my senior year!!!    Waviers from two different school systems/two different states-------------graduated with a .8 ---second lowest rank in my class!!!    I brag, cause I graduated with honors and accolades from University of Utah-----and did basically the same thing, just more of it in college.    

Moral---just cause your not making it in one place in your life, does not mean you can not make a change, and completely run the show!!!

Star Child------sorry some bastard owes you butt loads of money:{   If they are from Randolph, they should have the money to give!!   Fucking Sopranoe country----no lie-----When I entered school there, everyone thought I was 21 jump street, and had to send one kid to hospital for fucking with me.   Everyone called me flash cause I took off my shirt for a basketball game, and though I was not well liked, I still got very well laid!!   Still dont get it, other than the rich chicks wanted to take a dip on the wrong side of the tracks---- 

More money in Randolph than I have ever seen or am used too!!  Fuck----- Whitney Houstan lived down the street!!   Throwing that out, cause I lived in the one bed room apartments with my mom, and slept on the couch, but still in Randolph!!!  I am no rich kid, and have had to fight for everything I have!!!!   Talk about heat.  Try being a southern "poor" Dead Head boy, moving to Randolph half way through your senior year!!!     Yea------this place is easy to the shit I put myself through:}!!!!  

• 1 year later...
  • Forum MVP

You may laugh, but that is what I have called myself many times in my household (the prophet).  I say something that is going to happen, no one believes me, and boom, I am left with ' I told you so"!!!!

Don't think the burning bush is lying:}!!!!   Wife has hated me saying that for years.  But I like being the burning bush, nothing wrong with that!!!

Funny aside------I am Just very happy this happened!!!  Sounds like a bunch of you all are coming down to Virginia, and that rocks!!!!

Wolfe trap to follow!!!   Cant wait to shake hands and dance to great sounds!!!  

And thanks for some recognition....it does make me smile!!!!!!!!  C u soon Mr. West!!!! 

• Forum MVP

16 days can't wait!!! How is it coming on those portable AC units sunny :). That cabin is gonna be a sauna lol.

Dry Ice and a big fan.  Who would be the 1st one to bust or freeze one of their digits?

• Forum MVP

I hate to say this, as I have slept in -20-30 F in high elevation---with a tent ...duh!!!   Have spent many of weeks in hot dessert canyons, in extreme heat (but it was a dry heat),  but yes,,,,,,  Sunny is bringing a AC at Rude's request to Poca!!!

Not sure if it will be allowed, but from memory, it will fit in cabin windows, and will cool a cabin that size down to point everyone will need blankets!!  I really cant imagine they will let me do this at the park.  Electricity is expensive, but one can try, and why not at night!!!!! 

I must be getting older thinking this is even ok!!!   Cabin tenting with AC, a bit sacrilege in my book, but what ever.   Been thrown out in the rain to dry to much lately, so I do not mind introducing cabin comforts.

Unfortunately----rather fortunately, I will still probably be in the truck!!!   Eventually, you will understand why..........like a blister in the sun......hahahaha

This was my first thread post on DSO forums!!!   Thanks August West for bringing it back alive, sorry it drifted as so many threads do, but its still nice to have something you can call your own, just like the songs that we hear are songs..............:}!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Forum MVP

LOL.  I thought you had one of those portable ones that you can leave inside :P.  Dont worry about a window one.  It looks like they have fans anyway in the cabins.

• Forum MVP

Stop discouraging Sunny.  Let him turn the cabin into a meat-locker (pun intended).  Just think how nice it would be to get all frosty after a DSO triathalon.

• Forum MVP

if you understood ac and how it words rude, you know you can not have a indoor ac, with out it pushing out hot air!!  Hence window!  Freon gets both hot and cold, that is why a compressor is needed.  any ac inside would produce about same amount of heat, negating the purpose!

Archived