Weir walks off stage due to chatty crowd

John A

I have talked to someone that was there and she told me that MANY people around the talker asked them to be quiet during Bobbys acoustic set. Then Bobby himself from the stage said " Im sorry is my music interuppting your conversation?" But these rude people just continued, then Bobby walked off. This was during A Hard Rain is Gonna Fall, in his solo set. It continued during the Ratdog set during Heavans Door which is the clip on youtube. If an artist ever called me out like that from the stage I would probably die from embarassment. These folks should have been ushered out of the venue. The BAR argument is ridiculous, This was not some  $5  bar band we are talking about and even if it was, one should have some respect for the artist and the other paying customers that asked you to stop.

• Forum MVP

The BAR argument is ridiculous, This was not some  $5  bar band we are talking about and even if it was, one should have some respect for the artist and the other paying customers that asked you to stop.

Well said.  This place is a better venue for music than most theaters. 

The only sticky point is a solo acoustic event in a standing room only packed house.  This is a tough one, as it was really a rat dog show, thus the no table format.  Just happened that Bobby was also doing the solo set.

It doesn't take much to upset the balance of power in a tiny place like Sweetwater.  I was at a Super Diamond show there (my wife is a huge Neil Diamond fan; talk about a high energy cover band!) and it was a funky 70s dance affair until these 4 big, loud, drunk, aggressive slicked back guys in thick leather coats - right out of the jersey shore :)  - showed up.  Next thing you know a woman was on the ground, having been inadvertently body checked, and there were multiple shoving matches breaking out.  Two of this crew were shown the exits, the other two retreated to the back, but for me at least the vibe never recovered. 

So it sounds like the other night was percipitated by a select few.  You just never know.  They should have been booted out of there just like they would have been at the symphony hall.

• Forum MVP

I was at a Super Diamond show there (my wife is a huge Neil Diamond fan; talk about a high energy cover band!) and it was a funky 70s dance affair

That is funny funny to me.  In such a good way.   I never really liked Neil Diamond, until I met this girl many years back, she put in tape.   Didn't realize I knew all the songs!!  My mom, listened to Diamond, and watched The Jazz Singer so much when I was kid, that I knew all the words to the songs, with out even remembering that I knew Neil!!

Wondered if that made sense---anyhow, I could imagine a Diamond show.   That just brings a smile to my face.   Love you mom!!!  My Mom would not of put up with talking in the show.   She is a big Appalachia gal that retired from Jersey.   She would of chatised than sat on anyone making noise, or at least twist their ears off:}!!!!

I will leave you guys to argue this, to each their own opinion.  

I just think about GD------Why pay the story tellar off in gold in hopes he will return----if your not going to even listen to the story, and at times, if your lucky....... you could witness some of the greatest stories ever told, so be mindful of those being penatrated by the tunes, and not the words of your neighboor!!  

I was at a Super Diamond show there (my wife is a huge Neil Diamond fan; talk about a high energy cover band!) and it was a funky 70s dance affair

That is funny funny to me.  In such a good way.   I never really liked Neil Diamond, until I met this girl many years back, she put in tape.   Didn't realize I knew all the songs!!  My mom, listened to Diamond, and watched The Jazz Singer so much when I was kid, that I knew all the words to the songs, with out even remembering that I knew Neil!!

Wondered if that made sense---anyhow, I could imagine a Diamond show.   That just brings a smile to my face.   Love you mom!!!  My Mom would not of put up with talking in the show.   She is a big Appalachia gal that retired from Jersey.   She would of chatised than sat on anyone making noise, or at least twist their ears off:}!!!!

I will leave you guys to argue this, to each their own opinion.  

I just think about GD------Why pay the story tellar off in gold in hopes he will return----if your not going to even listen to the story, and at times, if your lucky....... you could witness some of the greatest stories ever told, so be mindful of those being penatrated by the tunes, and not the words of your neighboor!!  

Archived