Club Nokia and TM "convenience" fees

McNulty

• Forum MVP

Yea, I have noticed that there is a little funds tacked on too DSO tixs.   OH well.....better the  band get the funds than ticketmaster livemaster, etc.. who ever.  

45 I thought was high for a up comiing acoustic show in DC, but the set list will be long, and honestly, where but archived sbd can I get anywhere near the great sounds DSO produces!!

I dont complain about tix prices....fucking hotels are a bitch, and i am too old, and usually too fucked up for any other option!!

If life was only perfect, everythign would  cost 5 cents:}    Not arguing, but agreeing the long way around:}

• Forum MVP

Of course DSO is always worth every penny, but it is just criminal for ticketmaster or the other large corporate ticket sellers to tack on such high extra fees. Any extra fee should never be more than 10-15% of the actual ticket price ( in my idealistic world). Obviously best to be on it and get tickets through dso tix or straight from the venue when possible...capitalism can certainly be cruel...

• Forum MVP

Buy your tix through DSO tix FIRST  ... use the rest as a secondary  for a  last minute ticket purchase and be prepared to pay the fees ... I'm never bothered by the DSO ticket prices with fees / without fees , it don't matter to me because seeing  DSO is my favorite thing to do  !!!

Guys, I appreciate your philosophies regarding the monetary worth of DSO's music and all, but I just want to know if the $11 fee is charged at the venue, lol.

I may p/u tickets at the B.O. today, rather than buy through TM.  Next time, yes, I'll try for DSO ticketing.  I didn't know about it until yesterday.  And also, Mike, the tickets are $48 after taxes+fees, not $38.

I think most of us remember that actual Grateful Dead tickets didn't cost nearly that much ;)~

And regardless of where I buy my tickets, tickets for this show WILL be purchased!

dont forget the ticket prices of other bands playing dead music.....anyways, I LOVE DSO and feel that the pricing is usually always reasonable, the performance is TOP NOTCH, even compared to something you may get in other places......i won't get into detail as i love seeing many varieties of live music and dead acts, but you know where im coming from......

Although I do not like to pay the fees for tickets, what really pisses me off are acts where the scalpers manage to buy larges blocks and ask unreasonable prices for thier tickets.  I recently went to an Allman Bros. show at the Beacon.  A week before the show there were over 700 tickets on stubhub for a 2800 seat theater.  25% held by scalpers trying to make a buck from us real fans.  

New to the DSO Forum here. I was late also in buying tickets, as I wasn't sure whether I was going to have the day off on Friday so I was on the fence about going. But I do have the day off now. I was kinda thrown by the ticketmaster fee of almost $12. But a $26 dollar ticket price is so worth it to see DSO, I have been to Terrapin Crossroads and seen Furthur a bunch of times, and you know what they charge for tickets. I was kinda debating whether I should go to the box office on the day of the show, but you figure with the fee, it is probably going to be pretty close what TM charges. but $40 including tickets is still worth it. I'm just bummed that that extra money won't go to the band, but goes to Ticketbastard :(

• Forum MVP

.  And also, Mike, the tickets are $48 after taxes+fees, not $38.

Thats getting close  to  Furthur pricing ...  DSO is  worth the price !!! ;)

My bad. Tickets are $41 through TM, not $48

DSO show tickets , even with fees ,  always seem to be within my comfort zone ... I'm good up to 45 dollars ...  I don't like the fees either , but I go by the total cost ... anything above that 45 , I have to take a look at the bigger picture , is it an event I can't miss , TXR was $45.00 Total and worth every penny ... DSO and  only a couple other bands have that kind of clout with me , most don't anymore and will only be seen by me as an opening act or in a festival situation ,,,, ... my age , economics and available time off , "dictate"    !!!

• Forum MVP

Since I don't really travel for shows, I'm able to get most all my tickets box office direct (and even then there will often be a dollar or three tacked on).  This should not seem like such a luxury!  These massive fees of 25% or more are complete garbage. 

• Forum MVP

40 bucks. No way! Never. Blasphemy.

I shelled out the 40+$....see ya there

I know TXR is sold to capacity ,,,,,,  and there is no reason to hipe the show , but I think it's going to be the show of the century !!! and I'll see you guys there !!!

:dsorocks:

I would advise all ,,,,,,  to see all the shows you can in SF that week ,,,,,,,, because they will all be very special !!!

Anybody know if there are any streams scheduled for either/any of these Bay Area shows? I suppose the greatest chance would be Sweetwater on 4/10, or possibly the previous night at TXR....? I thought I read somewhere that there would be. Fingers crossed..

Followed by 3 at GAMH!  :) Wow! Have fun left coasters! :headbang: (and those on the road ;) ).

:dsorocks: + :crewrocks:

Archived