Vibes for Bob Weir

Tea

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Advisory Board

Only because he wasn't hurt.  This last trip to Dewey Beach.  Jen, Herdy, and I (possibly a few others) saw a guy wipeout on his bike.  We laughed pretty heartily and he heard us.  We didn't run over to help the biker.  We assumed he would be all right and made sure from our distance that he didn't need help.  When he remounted his bike, he made some comment as he rode off.  I've been guilty of laughing when someone falls.  If he was hurt, I would have felt bad about my laughter.  I also would've offered what limited assistance I could.  At least some company until the proper medics arrived.  He wasn't hurt and I feel no guilt or remorse for my laughter. To be honest, I've always argued that in most cases the fall hurts my ego more than my physical self.  I mostly figured he would want his space after the sloppy riding.  

I totally forgot about that one... I did laugh my ass off at watching that guy fall off his bike... Now had it of been a serious fall and he was obviously hurt I would of assisted him, but he wasn't... just a drunk that couldn't ride a bike.. I've been there before..

Watching my friends fall down, or do something stupid when fucked up makes me laugh my ass off... Call me an asshole for that, and I couldn't care less.. as the song goes, I say what I mean and I don't give a damn, I do believe that I am who I am..

Now, as far as Bobby goes... He has had trouble with narcotics for the last few years... to say he mistakenly took ambian for a pain killer is complete bullshit..  There is no pain killer pill that looks like ambian, maybe Xanax, but no opiate... I know this for a fact, as I've had my troubles with them myself.. Bob needs help, I hope he gets it.. in the mean time, I wish him nothing but the best... Glad to hear that he played well in AC...

This thread needs to die a peaceful death. Worse than falling on stage is it being posted all over the internet. I would bet that everyone posting, myself included has pulled an asshole move or embarrassing act in this last year or two that would cause shame if videotaped and splattered across the web. 

This thread needs to die a peaceful death. Worse than falling on stage is it being posted all over the internet. I would bet that everyone posting, myself included has pulled an asshole move or embarrassing act in this last year or two that would cause shame if videotaped and splattered across the web. 

sorry cnj couldn't let it happen. shouldn't a thread die on its own anyway?  i know 5k people didn't pay $200 to watch me the last time i stumbled and fell.

• Forum MVP

sorry cnj couldn't let it happen. shouldn't a thread die on its own anyway?  i know 5k people didn't pay $200 to watch me the last time i stumbled and fell.

I'd pay 200$ for that.

All I know is that Atlantic City. Bobby was up and at em, rockin the house. Whether he has underlying issues with chemicals and alcohol only Bobby truly knows. If he does I hope he takes a break and gets some help. It also might have been a case of just mixing a bad combo, getting wasted and then being too stubborn to stop playing.

Whatever it was, theres a lot of love in this pic of bobby and Phil in Atlantic City...good to see.

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ow9_UauvDImWiAKKwoGwBw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAA&biw=1024&bih=672&q=phil%20and%20bobby%20weir%20atlantic%20city#biv=i%7C13%3Bd%7CAGCyvwSwBASzaM%3A

Sorry...can't get the pic to paste into the post.

I hope Bobby gets whatever help he needs...

Due to unforeseen circumstances, Furthur regretfully will be unable to appear as scheduled at BottleRock Napa Valley on Thursday, May 9. Grateful Dead & Furthur Co-Founder Bob Weir, is unable to perform in any capacity for the next several weeks. Bob looks forward to resuming his "Weir Here" broadcasts from TRI Studios in mid to late June and performing his Solo acoustic shows June 26>30.

Furthur featuring Phil Lesh & Bob Weir look forward to returning to the road as scheduled on July 11 in Brooklyn for their Summer tour, which carries them through early October on the West Coast.

Archived