Your favorite show

Pdxhead

Maybe this has been done before so forgive me as a newbie if it has. If you want to mention a few because its so hard to pick go for it.

I know the show is not see less like some earlier 77 shows but I can't get enough of Englishtown Raceway 9-3-77. The version of Mississippi Half Step, The Music Never Stopped and Eyes are absolutely mind boggling.

I

• Forum MVP

As of today:

Favorite GD show:  6.18.74

Favoite GD show attended: 12.12.90 followed by 7.19.89

Favorite DSO show: 5.19.07, 10.13.12

Favorite DSO show attended: 2.14.09 - HILTON HEAD!!!

Ask me tomorrow and it might be different :)

• Forum MVP

I know the show is not see less like some earlier 77 shows but I can't get enough of Englishtown Raceway 9-3-77. The version of Mississippi Half Step, The Music Never Stopped and Eyes are absolutely mind boggling.

My first show, and still my favorite. IMO the best Half Step ever. The Terrapin encore isn't too shabby either. :rolleyes:

My favorite weekend of shows I attended would probably have to be 11-4,5,6-77...Regarding Loser...4-12-78 has to be in the running...I have been listening to a bunch of 78 lately...One overlooked show perhaps is 12-28-78...Just a monster show!

Hey Englishtown fans - don't forget the Loser.  Is there a better one?

Thank you yes...massive monster Loser. I know this show has some cred with some folks but I'm always surprised its not up there on the top ten best for a lot of folks.

Even though I love that show I will always be horny for 1973-4. I could curl up and die in the cocoon of Here Comes Sunshine played at Curtis Hixon in 1973.

• Forum MVP

Even though I love that show I will always be horny for 1973-4. I could curl up and die in the cocoon of Here Comes Sunshine played at Curtis Hixon in 1973.

You so horny, for 73-4 huh?  What an affliction! :)

You so horny, for 73-4 huh?  What an affliction! :)

If I could get down and fuck the aural landscape of a show like 12-6-73, I would be a happy man. I guess is what I'm saying is I would like some 1973 aural sex.

Ummm...sorry if that was too explicit. I will happily delete that post i needs be. But my God...that tone, the weaving, the laid back Stoney miles Davis mushroom percolating up through a Tolkienien bog sound. How could you not be horny?

No I'm not high.

Just listened to that 90...you're right- he laid into it.  From 87 to Brent's death they had a lot of good nights.   I really love the audience recording...you can really feel the love....very nice.  I'll take a listen to those early 80's when i get a chance.

• Forum MVP

Great LOSERS (in no particular order)!

Ventura '84 is a fun one.  It's not in the echelon of best ever (IMHO), but between the Phil load coming out of the jam and the quality of Garcia's somewhat raspy '84 vocal inflection on the post-jam "come to daddy" it is something to behold.

12-29-77 Loser has always been "it" for me.  I just listened to both versions and I was pleasantly surprised that 9-3 is most definetly a contender.  I don't know how I've missed it for the 10+ years I've had the recording.  I think I was too in love with 12-29 to notice.  I was just about to write that Jerry's solo is better and more powerful in 12-29 when 9-3 just reached out of the speakers and bitch slapped me.    

• Forum MVP

I'm not going to say anything about favorite but i've always love this one-

10/25/73 (Thu)  Dane County Coliseum - Madison, WI Set 1: Here Comes Sunshine, Black Throated Wind, Mexicali Blues, Tennessee Jed, Looks Like Rain, Deal, El Paso, Playing In The Band

Set 2: China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider, Me & My Uncle, Dark Star > Mind Left Body Jam > Dark Star > Eyes Of The World > Stella Blue, Weather Report Suite Prelude > Weather Report Suite Part 1 > Let It Grow > Goin' Down the Road Feeling Bad > One More Saturday Night, E: Uncle John's Band  

Dark star>eyes>stella and then WRS?? Yes please  

• Forum MVP

Love this one a bunch too - unsure if DSO performed this or not:

DP #16

Grateful Dead Live at Fillmore Auditorium on 1969-11-08

Set 1

Good Morning Little School Girl, Casey Jones, Dire Wolf, Easy Wind, China Cat Sunflower-> I Know You Rider-> High Time, Mama Tried, Good Lovin'-> Drums-> Good Lovin', Cumberland Blues

Set 2

Dark Star-> The Other One-> Dark Star-> Uncle John's Band Jam-> Dark Star-> Saint Stephen-> The Eleven-> Caution (Do Not Stop on Tracks)-> The Main Ten-> Caution (Do Not Stop On The Tracks-> Feedback-> We Bid You Good Night

Gulp.  Filthy....Nasty.....Dirty....Beautiful!

Maybe this has been done before so forgive me as a newbie if it has. If you want to mention a few because its so hard to pick go for it.

I

9/3/77 is absolutely stellar...favorite Eyes of all time...stands out among the best in a monster year.....

• Forum MVP

As far as 77 goes dicks picks 3 (5-22-77 Pembroke Pines) has always been my favorite. Just freakin perfect. I challenge anyone to fin a more monstrous second set. Really, show me.

And for Dso....ac Hilton in 2010 remains one of the most fun shows I've been to. Among many, many others...

Archived