Your favorite show

Pdxhead

I wasnt familiar with that 72 show and have been giving it a listen...I call this period the Heart of the Dead.  They have moved from being a blues flavored psychedelic band to essentially a blues country act.  I mean listen to Brown eyed women, Casey Jones, ramble on Rose, El Paso, Loser, Tennessee Jed, Mr. Charlie, Big Railroad Blues...all seriously countrified bluesy Americana.   In some ways these songs define the band to me more than later 70's songs like Terrapin, Estimated, Shakedown, etc.  I may dig the later songs and a 77 show more but I harken back to this period as somehow definitive in some way. 

Anyway, taking a listen and loving...thanks for the tip...

• Forum MVP

As far as 77 goes dicks picks 3 (5-22-77 Pembroke Pines) has always been my favorite. Just freakin perfect. I challenge anyone to fin a more monstrous second set. Really, show me.

And for Dso....ac Hilton in 2010 remains one of the most fun shows I've been to. Among many, many others...

Pembroke Pines is really magnificent. Truly unbelievable amount of amazing Jerry songs performed with an intense level of energy.

But I can't pick a favorite GD show or a DSO show. Like picking a favorite child. But since you said it, 2010 AC Hilton was SPECTACULAR!

Maybe give me a week to ponder the what have you'd and I'll give a somewhat thoughtful answer.

• 3 months later...

Archived