What I will Miss about Kevin,,,,,

Dr. Vapor

• Forum VIP

Kevin Rosen is hangin up his bass for now with Dark Star Orchestra....and believe it or not I am very happy for him.

He knows when he needs a break to heal and to be there for his mother when she needs him most.

Wow how many of us can say that...

But I will still miss the following from my friend,,,,his smile, his humor, his wit, he can do a crossword puzzle in 10min or less...his purple laces on his white tennis shoes, his jokes, his simplicity about life, his view from the outside, his stories, his bass bombs, his hip shake during Bertha, Coca Cola sales are going to drop. 

I am luck y to have spent more than 12 years watching him perform and laugh and cry with him over friends...

I will miss him but somehow I know I will out front of the Vic one night and a 1979 Caddy will pull up with his smile in it..

Peace 

Dr. Vapor - Prescott 

• Forum MVP

Always love seeing Nick bring out Kevin's Coke, that always means show's about to start. also always love seeing Kevin singing to himself  ,shows his passion for the music .He's an amazing person for being there for his mother like he's doing so ..ill miss the guy for sure

• Forum MVP

Absolutely LOVE when he makes funny/goofy faces up there...he's provided an element of humor right when you don't expect it but need it,,,like a sudden offer of fresh, cool lemonade on the hottest of days...

Kevin has brought smiles and laughter to many friends and me and that is a true gift indeed,,,

• Forum MVP

one less person wearing high tops to work .... dang ..... the world just became a little less fun ....

FOLKS - get the word out to those that will be in attendance .... Hampton Beach show is time to bust out some high tops and dance the night away ... if you don't have a pair (which most don't .... go to a goodwill shop and pick a pair up for $2 ...

• Forum MVP

one less person wearing high tops to work .... dang ..... the world just became a little less fun ....

FOLKS - get the word out to those that will be in attendance .... Hampton Beach show is time to bust out some high tops and dance the night away ... if you don't have a pair (which most don't .... go to a goodwill shop and pick a pair up for $2 ...

If you want to spend a few extra bucks, maybe you can score a pair of these babies:

reebok-pump-bringback-edition-2009.jpg

Think of the spins that are possible when these things have been inflated :wacko:

• Advisory Board

Don't forget the purple shoelaces!!! MUST HAVE!!

• Forum MVP

Having seen approx 200 shows over 14 years there are still some days between that seem to go agonizingly slow. Countless times when I arrived at the venue after a long layoff the site of the bus and invariably Kevin smoking a cig (sometimes would join him before I quit) nearby with the smile and a wave or hello that gave that special feeling that I was back were I belong....and damned happy. Yes I will miss that and Kevin dearly.

his smile, his humor, his wit, he can do a crossword puzzle in 10min or less...his purple laces on his white tennis shoes, his jokes, his simplicity about life, his view from the outside, his stories, his bass bombs, his hip shake during Bertha, Coca Cola sales are going to drop. 

Couldn't have summarized what I will miss any better. 

Dark Star Orchestra was my very first concert ever back in 2002, and a year or 2 later, Kevin was my very first introduction to the band members. 

One night in VT during a NYE run, we slipped a crossword puzzle under his door, with a note "Room 305, if you want more", and as Dr. Vapor pointed out, he was done with that crossword in about 10 min and was knocking at our door.  Kevin has been nothing but friendly and caring during my time spent with the DSO family and I will miss him greatly! So many fond memories of him on stage, and for that I am thankful.

I wish him and his family all the best!

One night in VT during a NYE run, we slipped a crossword puzzle under his door, with a note "Room 305, if you want more", and as Dr. Vapor pointed out, he was done with that crossword in about 10 min and was knocking at our door.  

I laughed hard at this.  

Archived