Wilmington, NC Venue Change (8/14/13)

EastCoastWest

I received the Venue change email stating, "the DSO show you purchased tickets for on Wednesday, Aug 14th has been moved to a new venue for reasons out of our control. The event date is the same but it will no longer be taking place at Greenfield Lake Amphitheater and has been moved to Ziggy's by the Sea."  I am new to Wilmington & was really looking forward to the Amphitheater experience as I love outdoor shows and everyone I spoke to said how great that venue is.  Does anyone have any info. on what happened?...& does anyone have a take on the other venue, Ziggy's?  Thanks~

• Forum MVP

Not sure what happened - but that is a chaff! Greenfield offered plenty of space, a good staff, and a nice setup. My big compliant about the venue was the curfew. It takes too much of the show before the sun goes down and it is generally pretty steamy in Coastal NC in Aug.

Know nothing of Ziggys by the sea - hopefully its not a sardine can like the Lincoln and the other Ziggys. {{{Dancing Space}}}

Dam GLA is a sweet venue one of the gems of Wilmington for sure.. I have not been to ziggys  I have heard its nice my buddy has been there a few times.. I am pretty sure its small like the Lincoln, I asked him if this was so he said yes we have both been to the Lincoln.

So this will screw us on tail gating :( One other nice thing about GLA. So I will post up where we will be and please if anyone wants to reply with the location of shake down that would be awesome ! love to hang out pre/post show 

I would suggest getting tickets now since the venue is smaller would not count on finding tickets the day of the show 

• Forum MVP

I received the Venue change email stating, "the DSO show you purchased tickets for on Wednesday, Aug 14th has been moved to a new venue for reasons out of our control. The event date is the same but it will no longer be taking place at Greenfield Lake Amphitheater and has been moved to Ziggy's by the Sea."  I am new to Wilmington & was really looking forward to the Amphitheater experience as I love outdoor shows and everyone I spoke to said how great that venue is.  Does anyone have any info. on what happened?...& does anyone have a take on the other venue, Ziggy's?  Thanks~

Hey Paul , me and Rich was just talking about you ... hope all is well in the east my Brother !!!

Peace Mike & Rich, holdin' the proverbial fort WestCoast, miss Y'all Bros...things good here EastCoast, lovin' Wilmington...the people here are so friendly, engaging & extending...I could see staying & living here...as for the Venue change, I'm kinda bummed as the feedback here has backed up what I have been hearing, that the Greenfield Amphitheater is a special place...I see that JJ Grey & MoFro will be there on the 18th so will try to see it then...all that being said, the bottom line is this, when DSO plays in my area, I go...& so will definitely be @ Ziggy's...I'll go with an open mind, clean slate & look for the yellow balloons & see what gets posted here & maybe the other travel forum for possible meetups...it's all good and I really need a show after churnin' & burnin' on my new job here...the beginning’s are always demanding and the hrs. have been long so some jammin' & dancin' is just what the Doctor ordered~

Tomorrow night is the Dark Star Orchestra show at Ziggys downtown. We will be hosting the before and after show party. Swing by the bar tomorrow before the show and show your ticket to receive a special treat. We will also be giving away a ticket! Fireball on the Mountain promo will be going on!! Free swag & super cheap Fireball Whiskey for all!!! 116 S Front St Wilmington NC 28401

• Forum MVP

Safe travels and good vibes to everyone heading to the show tonight

It was good to see you in Raleigh - fun times!  I'm out for 2nite but I may see you in Winston and definitely in Asheville.  Safe travels buddy and too everyone heading to the beach. 

Those headed to Wlimington > Be very careful as your approach exit 385 near Wallace NC on I-40E.  Got a speeding ticket there (for 7 over with gestapo-like questioning) and have seen others pulled in that area on multiple occasions.  Be on the ball and you'll have a ball :)  

Always a pleasure Tea....yeah it it wasn't in the cards for me to make Wilmington either...I'll be in Winston and def Black Mountain for the weekend

Hopefully I can make it to Winston early enough to have a few cb's with yall...Plan is to pick Chris and Ron up at the campground on the way to Ziggys

Archived