9/26- The Paramount- Huntington, NY

9/28- Symphony Hall - Allentown, PA

10/1- Count Basie Theater - Red Bank, NJ

10/3 Lisner Aud- Washington, DC

10/4- Keswick - Glenside, PA

10/5 Capital Theatre- Portchester, NY

10/7 Wilbur Theatre- Boston, MA

10/10 Town Hall NYC

Dream come true for all you east coasters.

Keep us posted as to how the performances develop.

Looks like tickets are still available for most of these shows.

I'm doing D.C. through Port Chester. Honestly have never listened to Hunter's solo stuff. I have only heard recordings when he'd come on during a JGB show and do "Tiger Rose" and "Promontory Rider." I might be doing these shows more so for the history than the music, hard to say. I'll make my mind up after I hear him play.

I'm doing D.C. through Port Chester. Honestly have never listened to Hunter's solo stuff. I have only heard recordings when he'd come on during a JGB show and do "Tiger Rose" and "Promontory Rider." I might be doing these shows more so for the history than the music, hard to say. I'll make my mind up after I hear him play.

u r going 3 nights in a row? i would skip one. i would imagine you'll get VERY similar shows each night.

• Forum MVP

I taped a Hunter show at the Warfield in 1990.  Tom Constanten joined him for Mountains of the Moon.  The whole show was very strong, but the Mountains was just haunting and the recording more than proves it.

Next time I saw him was at The Greek in 2003 opening for Phil & Friends.  He was jaw droopingly lame.  No idea if this was a bad period for him or what happened.

Have any folks here seen him perform subsequent to ’03?

u r going 3 nights in a row? i would skip one. i would imagine you'll get VERY similar shows each night.

I'll take your word for it and skip Glenside to head to Port Chester a day early for Herbie Hancock the night before Hunter plays there.

• Forum MVP

Saw three shows in a row at the HOB in Chicago 2002 (4/28,4/29 &4/30) and each one was completely different (except the mandatory Boys and Ripple). The 28th was my birthday and I asked him to play a "Gypsy Parlor Lights" he had enough stuff to lay out without having to dip into Chet and Murphy terrain. You know he's got a full Box of Rain to unleash. You don't want to miss that special set!  I'm making plans for the Glenside>Boston three.

Saw three shows in a row at the HOB in Chicago 2002 (4/28,4/29 &4/30) and each one was completely different (except the mandatory Boys and Ripple). The 28th was my birthday and I asked him to play a "Gypsy Parlor Lights" he had enough stuff to lay out without having to dip into Chet and Murphy terrain. You know he's got a full Box of Rain to unleash. You don't want to miss that special set!  I'm making plans for the Glenside>Boston three.

3 night run at the same venue is different than 3 different stops a decade later

• Forum MVP

Would love to make one of herbies dates. One of my heroes. Much like the dead, his sound changed with the times and technology. Takin off, my point of view, inventions and dimensions, empyrean isle, maiden voyage, mwandishi, man child, sextant, head hunters, thrust, v.s.o.p., in concert, herbie and chick. Every single one of those albums is a stone cold classic. And to be honest, I like rockit.

On topic though, maybe I can swing Boston.

• Forum MVP

That Stella Blue is also incredible from this 1990 show with Tom

I taped a Hunter show at the Warfield in 1990.  Tom Constanten joined him for Mountains of the Moon.  The whole show was very strong, but the Mountains was just haunting and the recording more than proves it.

Next time I saw him was at The Greek in 2003 opening for Phil & Friends.  He was jaw droopingly lame.  No idea if this was a bad period for him or what happened.

Have any folks here seen him perform subsequent to ’03?

• Forum MVP

Very true; however, if we got to wait another 10 years to attend another show? I'd plan on seeing as many of these as possible. This is the source folks. Nobody has the depth and humanity of Hunter and for him to come all the way out of CA to play, let's show some serious support people. Everyone of these shows should be sold out, he is the creator of most of our literary journey through "dead dreams to another day", I think this tour should be heralded as a big thank you for giving us the words we all live our lives  through.

3 night run at the same venue is different than 3 different stops a decade later

Very true; however, if we got to wait another 10 years to attend another show? I'd plan on seeing as many of these as possible. This is the source folks. Nobody has the depth and humanity of Hunter and for him to come all the way out of CA to play, let's show some serious support people. Everyone of these shows should be sold out, he is the creator of most of our literary journey through "dead dreams to another day", I think this tour should be heralded as a big thank you for giving us the words we all live our lives  through.

keep your day job............. :rofl:

• Forum MVP

Caught Hunter at the first re-assembly of the remaining members at Alpine Valley on 02. While he was playing on stage (just after a big storm came thru) a rainbow formed over the stage and the crowd went crazy. Cool shit, that man is a saint.

• Forum MVP

There is a date change: 10/3 Lisner Aud- Washington, DC is now 10/3 The Palace - Stafford Springs, CT.

This sadly makes one less date for me, but I'll still be doing Port Chester at least.

Glad your catching some Hunter! The GD would never have been what they were without RH - even with Jerry. One of the best poets in the last 100 years - regardless of genre. A national treasure would be a gross under-assessment. Gr8tfulpair is right - the man is a freaking Saint!

• 5 weeks later...

Archived