Encore

21.touch of Grey

22.wearwolves of London

April 1, 1984

Solid show. Helluva good time.

• Forum MVP

No mamma tried, brother Esau no mighty Quinn

No mamma tried, brother Esau no mighty Quinn big rail road blues yes

Got her polished up. Thx Rick. One day I will post a perfect set list and you will all be proud of me. Until then, enjoy the trivia challenge.

• Forum MVP

I enjoyed. Mama tried vs big railroad. Either way mama tried and told me so but you know since I'm here I didn't listen. The mighty Quinn thing was weird to me. I heard nothing of the sort and Esau vs Quinn. I take my brother Esau in 5 rounds last night.

Solid performance indeed - very interesting to see this latest incarnation of dso.

Worthy of note is this is easily the best sound quality I have yet to hear in the new Ziggy's. It is fairly well known that when Jay's new investors helped build the "warehouse next to the police station" that they gave no thought whatsoever to what kind of sound system should go inside. (For a while they were using a PA system that was designed for a large outdoor space and no sound-proofing attended to inside.) The first years worth of shows in the new space were hallmarked by sound quality that was painfully bad. Even since replacing their PA system inside with a semi-viable improvement, most shows at the new have been plagued with poor sound quality, feedback, poorly mic'd stages and so on. Just an all-around lack of professionalism in the sound arena to the point that many locals wonder, "Why even bother?"

I had a feeling that DSO, with their strict commitment to sound quality and experience in the sound-engineering department would find a solution to the sound problems at Ziggy's. They certainly did - much appreciation for a great night of music and dancing.

87iz.jpg

Hi there, Chuck!

Love and Life are both good  :)

Are you part of the hair-growing contest playing out between Dino, Matt and Nick? I have thought that I spotted you and yours from afar a few times over the past couple years, only to find it was another twirler with an equally healthy mane... so many imposters...

Hope you are well...

Excellent Sound last night. Well played show. Guitar work from Eaton and Jeff was off the top.. Great lead from Eaton on Friend of the Devil. Best sound up front of the last five shows. Baltimore being the worst. Lots of drunks at Baltimore. No wonder the liked it. What about that Terrapin?

• Forum MVP

Hi there, Chuck!

Love and Life are both good  :)

Are you part of the hair-growing contest playing out between Dino, Matt and Nick? I have thought that I spotted you and yours from afar a few times over the past couple years, only to find it was another twirler with an equally healthy mane... so many imposters...

Hope you are well...

I had to dial the mane back when I reintegrated into the workingman's world after the YOB, so it probably was a faux Vegas you saw. Hell, I can't compete with those guys anyway, since mine just winds up looking like a dandelion on acid. I don't get out as much as I used to, and it was a drag to not make these NC shows. That used to be part of my stomping grounds for many years, going back to my Davidson days. The times, they are a-changing,,,

Archived