Furthur 2014 hiatus!

Alabama Getaway

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think accepting his flaws and understanding that Jerry had his shortcoming detract from his greatness. It makes him an even more awe inspiring character that he persevered despite his flaws. It makes him easier to relate with and connect with. His flaws help in the delivery of his song and message.

"I don't think accepting his flaws and understanding that Jerry had his shortcoming detract from his greatness." 

See Martin Luther King, JFK, FDR  and a slew of other greats

• Forum MVP

I don't think accepting his flaws and understanding that Jerry had his shortcoming detract from his greatness. It makes him an even more awe inspiring character that he persevered despite his flaws. It makes him easier to relate with and connect with. His flaws help in the delivery of his song and message.

Right on MC....we agree 100%.  I would say, and maybe just a play on words, but I think his greatness was due in part to his frailties.  My last post....perhaps did not make this point, but it was motivated by this concept!!

Though I would keep all political figures out of the artist, and "great" realm, as I find DC full of Shit heads no matter what decade or political persuasion, I do find the most brilliant artist to be the most conflicted in their personal lives.

The humanistic side of Jerry is what let tens of thousands see him as a father, and that was my point.   I could only imagine the confliction in Jerry's personal life.   I feel it through his music, and yes, it is what moves a lot of me:}!!!  

I am glad we do see eye to eye on this!!!  I was just confused by a single post that said "Jerry was a dope junkie and by his own daughter's estimation a terrible father"

I did not read into that post the words you stated later.  My thoughts only but it read a bit simple "junkie, bad father", for a person who was much more complicated, as we all our, as life is:}!!!

And its nice to go deep into this stuff sometimes:}!!!  At least for me!!!!!   

• Forum MVP

Hemingway.....really.....been to Ketchum too many times....have had thoughts recently of a revist...but yes...the irony of a man so experienced in war..more than many contmporary soldiers...yet survives just to take his own life. Steinbeck perhaps at the moment...more my speed.

My apologies Late to the Party...did not mean to tell others what and what not to post. Mid terms less than a month.....an remember, I am from a miliatary family.......not a big fan of lawyers sending family to war!!!

Guess I might be at fault for thread drifts:(

Remeber though. .this place is labeled ship of fools...and constantly loking for the strangest I can find:)

:

After last evenings Mickey Hart Band show, I would like for Mickey to take his amazing band into 2014.

Mickey's Band is outstanding,and I prefer them to Furthur.

Mickey's band should have Bill Kreutzman as special guest, that would start a fire!

Archived