Furthur 2014 hiatus!

Alabama Getaway

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

It's official. Been a good 4yr run.

Here's to DSO getting some time to be front-and-center. They have always been that to me - maybe others will open they're eyes. Frankly I hope the myopic continue to be as such. More for us!

• Forum MVP

After more than four years of heavy, year-round touring, Phil Lesh and Bob Weir have decided to put their band Furthur on hiatus in 2014. After the four night Furthur run in Mexico in January, the band will take the rest of 2014 off so that Phil and Bob can focus on their countless solo projects...

...The last time the word “hiatus” was used in regards to the Grateful Dead world was in 1974, and we all know how much good that break inspired. They returned a year and a half later, stronger than ever, and for another 20 years. Furthur’s not breaking up; they’re simply taking a much-needed break. One way or another, we’ll see you around.

• Forum MVP

DSO Mexi package maybe. Furthur......would have to be feeling really lucky. Love Bob and Phil tonss. They got to be getting tired. I hope I live to their age and do what I do as well as they do theirs. I give out a lot of smack, but it saddens me to c my musical heros age. They gave this world a whole new outlook to life through music. Special stuff....just glad DSO is continuing the tradition. We all hope arw kids grow to be better than ourselves. Sometimes. ..the students become better than the teachers..ya know.

My thoughts are with JK as well. Curious to see where his talents will surface!!

• Forum MVP

I get it that u get to see bobby and Phil, but the furthur shows are not the dead. DSO is way more like the dead for a fraction of the price without the crowds. My thought is they since bobby and Phil will stay home in Cali, DSO should focus their shows on the Midwest now. My logic is sound

• Forum MVP

That is a bummer. Not that I go to many Furthur shows but I appreciate the the magic that comes together, especially in terms of the family and communal dance. Truly a remarkable thing. Phil and Bob, still touring at this age, remarkable.

DSO Red Rocks?

gotta find the bight side....

• Forum MVP

Furthur...I got the concept last weekend. They never meant to be gd again....but a extension. Sometthing beyond...furthur.......not the same no whete near as good. But the furthur we go the more things change.

12 ipa before dinner. 6 for breakfeast... starting to agree with MC/Rickee.......the donor raps seem to hit a bit harder these days..personally:

Nothing left to do but smile smile smile..........miss u Jerry....miss u bunches!!

• Forum MVP

I can honestly say that the Furthur shows I went to , I went to see John play ... John became my Jerry in 2007 ... I love Phil and Bobby very much , but I went to see The Grateful Dead to see Jerry play,,,  and that's it ... I'm not bothered by Furthur taking a break one bit ... the glass is half full and I'll most likely get on whatever bus JK fires up ... cheers all !!!

• Forum MVP

Furthur @ RED ROX 2nite:

Possible stream if you're so inclined and willing to stay up a little late! 

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/otterman1

Others pending...My vote is to find taperrob on Ustream as showtime nears.

EDIT:  Make sure when you go to UStream that you search using:  taperrob   There are some imposters :)

• Forum MVP

Stream sounded good although it buffered too much in the 2nd set and I had to bail early.  Here's the list:

Set I:

Jam >
Crazy Fingers >
I Need A Miracle >
Here Comes Sunshine >
Cassidy
Just A Little Light
Lost Sailor >
Saint of Circumstance

Set II:

Mountain Song >
The Eleven >
Mountains of The Moon >
Terrapin Station >
Days Between >
China Cat Sunflower >
Playing In The Band >
Uncle John's Band

E: I Know You Rider

Decent show although just when it seemed they were really getting things cookin pretty good, they seemed to wind it down.  I guess with 4 nights in RR, they have to pace themselves.  Not a bad show outta the gate.  Not DSO mind you - but respectable.  JK was better than anyone else last night IMHO - by quite a margin in fact.

After last evenings Mickey Hart Band show, I would like for Mickey to take his amazing band into 2014.

Mickey's Band is outstanding,and I prefer them to Furthur.

Me too. Furthur does not put out the same energy level at their shows as the Mickey Hart Band puts out. I'm still catching a buzz from the Pageant show 3-days later. I want to go again.

• Forum MVP

Mickey is more of a techno type show really.  Was fun at the jubilee.  He had lots of energy to keep us warm at the coldest part of the whole fest.  I want his drum setup though.  thats bad ass.

Archived