What Band would you pick?

dsostar

• Forum MVP

Yeah, def go see Zoso Tea...

ZoSo supposedly is the best of the Zep tribute bands.

I heard ZOSO was good.  10 minutes away and free ticket and free beer = stupid to miss it.  Unless hanging with the Mrs for a night is more fun :P.

Well ok then - I think I will.  Not much to lose with this proposition, and yes, the Mrs. will be just fine without me. 

I'll take in these boys and let everyone know if they're the real deal or a throwaway. Thanks Peeps!

• Forum MVP

My impression of ZOSO a few years ago was that they were OK, seemed to be more into looking the part of the Zeppelin band members. Had to leave when they started Kashmir as that has to be my least favorite Zep tune. They did do The Ocean right as my gilrfriend whispered in my ear that that was her favorite Zep tune, so it was fun for awhile, but I don't plan on seeing wasting anymore ear drum on them. As far as Zappa goes I mostly enjoy any project Ike Willis is in or Ray White but will nefver go to another Zappa Plays Zappa show again, that show really sucked.

• Forum MVP

I've always heard Zappa Plays Zappa is good. I did see Ike Willis and Ray White with Project/Object and those guys absolutely slayed. Really great show. They had Tom Fowler on bass and he was in superb form, especially for having just beating cancer. Highly recommended Project/Object any Zappa fan. 

I'm not as spontanious as all you guys and would have a hard time with a replacement.....  Damn, if this situation really happened with DSO, I'd most likely have to just leave the venue, smoke a little, drink a little, throw on one of my favorite DSO recordings as loud as it goes while sounding great and dance around in the parking lot, grassy area or wherever I am at this time.  My husband and I tend to to this a lot when in great need for a show and it sure helps the craving......

• Forum MVP

After seeing Panic play last week and listening to that show and a few others, I'm really starting to enjoy them a lot. OMG Jimmy herring is absolutely nuts on guitar. It's def a harder musical sound but I'm really starting to dig them.

Set 1. Phish doing Junta live.

Set 2. Panic doing space wrangler live

Set 3. Mr. Blotto doing The Wall live.

Set 4. Pigeons playing ping pong doing whatever.

Not in that particular order.

Archived