What Band would you pick?

dsostar

• Forum MVP

Moments before the start of a DSO show, an announcement is made that the band won’t play due to unforeseen circumstances.

The house is packed and ready to rock.  If you had epic superhuman power to miraculously substitute another live (a group that actually plays these days) non-dead related (i.e., no P&F, etc...) band, who would you pick?

A pick to not only light up your night, but the rest of your DSO brethren?

I’ll throw out my vote for the band I’m seeing this Friday…moe.

• Forum MVP

Wow....I'd have to get over the shock 1st and then use my superhuman powers to magically re-substitute them.  Since this shows my obvious lack of musical diversity, I'll play along. 

1st Set - Neil Young

2nd Set - Hot Tuna

3rd Set - Prince

Couln't just pick one.  I was gonna pick Bob Dylan but that was too close to the GD genre so I reluctantly left him off of this list.  Forgive me Bob! :o

• Forum MVP

In Tea's theme:

1st Set: Cornmeal

2nd Set: George Clinton and the Parliament Funkadelic

3rd Set: Steel Pulse

4th Set (fuck it, gonna be a long show): Dave Grisman Quintet

Hey if I've got superhuman powers, I can dance for 4 sets bitch!!

• Forum MVP

I stand with Mango. Talking Heads and Cheese. And concur on Cornmeal - Allie of course is returning in full acknowledgement of my Jedi booking skills. While we're at it, each band is playing a full show. That's right, bitches, now it is a festie and we're dancing all night long.

no doubt about it...Magic Gravy. members of motet and alo. 90% jams, looong sets, much noodling. if theyre busy, and they seem to only do about 6 shows per year then galactic. or karl denson or any of the marco Benevento/joe russo projects, see bustle in your hedgerow. matter of fact, get em all together and maybe we can have a three day festival, maybe in ohio. don't forget mountain jam from Denver, Allmans show.

• Forum MVP

I saw Panic last night. Was a solid show but not the feel of a DSO show. A little wilder really. More of a festival type feel. Nice little shakedown street and nitrous mafia in full effect. Now that's a racket. They prob pulled in 2500 in 30 mins.

• Forum MVP

Lost here, I remember oingo boingo, and like the dead mans party, steel pulse cause of all the sunsplashes in my youthful summer, but I have not heard of most other the mentioned bands.

Yea, I am a closet case----------Johnny Fucking Cash, Willie Nelson, and Waylon------I would ghost ride the night to some Jamican sounded twist:} 

• Forum MVP

It's a great question and hard to answer, but I've finally decided that I would want some band that I've never heard of to come up and play the baddest ass funk music that I've ever heard. Horns and high energy and not knowing what was coming next (since the band would be unfamiliar) ....some funky ass brothers and sisters on stage getting a very loosened up deadhead crowd MOVING and GROOVING for a few hours...I think I'd be okay with that...

I'd also be okay if Railroad Earth filled the gap....

• Forum MVP

On an slightly unrelated topic:  I got free tickets to go see ZOSO > Zeppelin Tribute. 

Anybody catch these blokes and have somethin to say on their behalf?  It's a free VIP show for me, 2 free beers, a T-shirt, and only 10 minutes away.  Is it going to be 2.5 hours of my life i'll never get back or decent nostalga?

Led Zeppelin was a staple for me during my formative years. Shit > If this thread wasn't about current acts, they would be on the short list.  Don't mind if I do:  10 non-dead bands (in prime) you would choose:

1.  Zappa

2.  Zeppelin

3.  Beatles

4.  Pink Floyd

5.  The Who

6.  Miles Davis

7.  Hendrix

8.  Bob Marley

9.  Queen

10. Johnny Cash

• Forum MVP

I heard ZOSO was good.  10 minutes away and free ticket and free beer = stupid to miss it.  Unless hanging with the Mrs for a night is more fun :P.

Zep used to be my fav band of all time.  My friends saw Get the Led Out and said they were insanely good.  My buddy said they are the DSO version of Zep. 

Archived