"Say You Want A Revolution"

XChemistry

Government Shutdown - Jesse Ventura Is Right! - " They Are All Crooks "

Our Politicians should be jailed and Corporate American or I should I say (The People's Republic Of Chinia) should be put on permanent standby. Because of Our Politicians we are not liked in a lot of Countries and now WE OUR the laughing stock of the World. Unfortunately it will not end in laughter.

Are we pawns in the bigger game of power and money? Look at the Wars That our Federal Government  has caused for financial or political gain. I used to be proud to be an American and live in this Great Nation. Now that is up for grabs. No wonder so many mistrust the Federal Government. 

Does anybody have our interest in mind? Is it really all "About The Money?" What's a Person to do.

I guess that Jimmy Buffet was right when he wrote "IF We Didn't Laugh We Would All Go Insane".

Can't Wait To Get Back On Tour and "Listen To The Music Play".         Unhappy.

• Forum MVP

Funny just mentioned something of the same recently!!!

Remember we are not a democracy but a represenative republic!!!

For it to work...we need informed voters:( Talk to general populus lately? Sad state of a dumb fucking country!!! We deserve, as a country to be. Laughed at. Look who ee vote into office to represent us!!! Anyone here willing to tell us who the last great leader in this country was?

• Forum MVP

That actually held office? MLK Jr would be my answer.

Been meaning to respond to this earlier,  but time is fleeting!!!   Being from the south, I think I have a different perspective with your pick MC, however, I must say that I agree.   Equality is just, and needed for any modern politic or civil society....but.................  MLK Jr's legacy, in my opinion has been so distorted in recent times due to people like Sharpton, Jessie Jackson(and son), and others.  

Quotas and special treatment for a specific minority or majority in any sense is in its self racist, or rather unjust and un even.   I am one of the first generations to have experienced life in a included society; however, politics and individuals have played the "race card" so much that I have difficulty with the results of MLK-------though not his original intent, as I see it!!!

Individuals need to be judged on their individual qualities, not on the basis of color or sex, however, we see more often in the military, gs workers, and other governmental, and private institutions, that people of race or sex from the majority of the past have a "edge" on those today with the same standards.    For me, that is the distortion of MLK's ideology, and a insult.

So yes, I do agree with you MC, but I feel MLK's meaning has been lost to political advantage:{

Only my thoughts---guys and gals:}!!!!!

Thanks for the discourse, even though brief MC, gives my brain something other than shit to think about:}!!!!! 

That actually held office? MLK Jr would be my answer.

Been meaning to respond to this earlier,  but time is fleeting!!!   Being from the south, I think I have a different perspective with your pick MC, however, I must say that I agree.   Equality is just, and needed for any modern politic or civil society....but.................  MLK Jr's legacy, in my opinion has been so distorted in recent times due to people like Sharpton, Jessie Jackson(and son), and others.  

Quotas and special treatment for a specific minority or majority in any sense is in its self racist, or rather unjust and un even.   I am one of the first generations to have experienced life in a included society; however, politics and individuals have played the "race card" so much that I have difficulty with the results of MLK-------though not his original intent, as I see it!!!

Individuals need to be judged on their individual qualities, not on the basis of color or sex, however, we see more often in the military, gs workers, and other governmental, and private institutions, that people of race or sex from the majority of the past have a "edge" on those today with the same standards.    For me, that is the distortion of MLK's ideology, and a insult.

So yes, I do agree with you MC, but I feel MLK's meaning has been lost to political advantage:{

Only my thoughts---guys and gals:}!!!!!

Thanks for the discourse, even though brief MC, gives my brain something other than shit to think about:}!!!!! 

That all sounds good Sun but it is not reality.  I worked at a place where I did the hiring for the company.  Our 3 best employees were black.  One day the boss calls me in and says "I don't want you to hire anymore black people."  I was flabbergasted.  I said "Our 3 best employees are black."  He said he didn't care.  I started looking for another job that day.  I wished I had recorded the conversation.

Racism is not dead.  It is just hidden better these days.

• Forum MVP

I know interpretations of words are different for everyone.  We see life through our own experiences and lenses!!!   I never claimed that racism was dead, I was more eluding to a opinion that I have, and share with many, that leaders in minority communities continue to expand racism by continuing to make lucrative money by making a career out of inflaming racism for personal or political gain.

Please, understand, that my words paint broad strokes.   To discuss things like this, people can not look toward single individual experiences, as "there are always exceptions to rules"!!  That statement, however cliché offers credence to the idea that the whole is bigger than the sum of its parts.  

I can not speak to individual experiences in ideology.  No one can!!!  Some may try but it dilutes the nation's experience as a whole.  A engine is more than the battery that cranks it!!!

I too was HR manager after college, and hired and trained at least 1,000 employees for a large union group connected to Ford Motor Corp.    I had many different individual experiences, but to describe just one of those people/or individual hiring events does not allow for discussion of the over all trend.

To be frank, I think my last post exposed the idea that racism is not hidden, but rampant, and in front of our faces.  

I can write a dissertation on this stuff, and will edit a bit later.  Just got to go work.

Last statement, and this is individualized to offer an example why you can not just look toward the individual.   Mr. Sharpton has made a lot of racist Jewish remarks in the past.   Plain and clearly racist, however, the media does not expose it, report it, and I am sure many of you do not even know about it!!!   This is a public leader for many black folks in New York, and though he is allowed to get away with racist comments, how many white public leaders could say the same with out severe retribution?

Why when a black person says nigga its cool-----when I say it---its racist?     Remember, equality, what is good for you is good for me in the public sector!!!    I don't think MLK would be very happy with how his legacy has been abused by many for personal gain!!

Had a very late night, and sleep is something I don't remember.    Forgive me if my words this morning are off, as I am off!!!   Will restate or edit later, but its important for me to not be seen as a person approving of racism, though I approve of prejudices!!!!

To pre judge is to keep your ass safe.  Don't go walking through Compton at night, black or white!!!  Nearly all black area, and my prejudices would tell me higher state of mind, of self preservation not to do such a stupid thing!!!!  

Fuck...gotta go work!!!

Archived