Dark Star Jubiliee 2014

jljbirdq

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

LOL-----the world is full of maybes:}!!!!  

DSO seems to always add an extra day to their long events.  I could be wrong, but it has seemed that way since I jumped on the bus.  JITS is listed as a 5 day trip but with 4 DSO productions.

I think, and I am usually wrong, they just add another day at the end so people can take their time and get home safe after all that fun!!!!!

Can tell by all the postings Rude Dog, you are getting excited for the NYears run:}!!! 

Please pray for better weather:}!!!!!!

OK, I AM pumped for DSJ III and was thinkin'....

So, apparently no All Good in 2014  "All Good organizers plan to bring the event back in 2015 at an unspecified venue. According to an announcement, festival organizers Tim Walther and Junipa Contento..."   So, I will guess that bands favored by and appreciative of All Good will have to give greater consideration to DSJ III.  Also, I have to assume this means greater resources for DSJ III from Tim Walther et al.  Last year All Good had some familiar names (DSJ alumni) at Legend Valley:

Yonder Mountain String Band

Keller Williams with The Travelin' McCourys (DSJ has had Keller)

Dark Star Orchestra

Leftover Salmon (DSJ had Great American Taxi)

The Infamous Stringdusters

Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad

The Ragbirds

Cabinet

All Good has also had some other DSJ alumni in the past too:

Pimps of Joytime

Elephant Revival

Greensky Bluegrass

Rumpke Mountain Boys

Mickey Hart Band

Donna The Buffalo

Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk

Marco Benevento

Karl Denson's Tiny Universe

Perpetual Groove

Donna Jean Godchaux Band with Jeff Mattson

Cornmeal

Could you imagine if we got even a few of All Good alumni who have yet to play a DSJ like maybe:

Bob & Ratdog

Railroad Earth

Toubab Krewe

Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band

STS9

Grace Potter & The Nocturnals

John Butler Trio

Papadosio

Lotus

Allman Brothers Band

G Love & Special Sauce

Femi Kuti

North Mississippi Allstars

JJ Grey & Mofro

Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi Band

Wood Brothers

Hot Buttered Rum (with Allie Kral please!!!!!!!!!!!)

DSJ III may be the biggest yet with no All Good 2014!

So I went and checked out Cornmeal last night in Columbus and I have to say HOLY SHIT!! They were better than I've ever seen them. Great show. Please get them back on the lineup...

I was wondering on how the new line-up was. Did they have a fiddle player?

Yea and I love me some Allie but this chick is just as good!! Version 2.0 is a better band .....no disrespect at all to those who left but this lineup is on fire!!

• Forum MVP

OK, Cornmeal was one of the few other bands I travelled to see for a good long while there. Like several folks here, I was upset (although not terribly surprised) to hear of Allie's departure and the turmoil within the ranks. This was one damn hard working band. It isn't for me to comment on the capricious whims of the deities of success, but if ever any group deserves all good things for following its muse, it is this one.

So I am stoked to see that clip! What was going on between about 10:00 and 12:15 ranks with any of their shows that I have seen!  Molly Healey is more than a worthy addition...Wavy Dave and Chris Ganji have themselves a force to be reckoned with.

Please get them to The Jub. I'm all in...

I'll be there no matter what but I really dug the local scene 'The Werks' brought through.I would like to see that become a trend.   Other then that I enjoy a more then healthy dose of bluegrass. 

DSO has made the Jubilee my favorite time of year :)

OK, Cornmeal was one of the few other bands I travelled to see for a good long while there. Like several folks here, I was upset (although not terribly surprised) to hear of Allie's departure and the turmoil within the ranks. This was one damn hard working band. It isn't for me to comment on the capricious whims of the deities of success, but if ever any group deserves all good things for following its muse, it is this one.

So I am stoked to see that clip! What was going on between about 10:00 and 12:15 ranks with any of their shows that I have seen! Molly Healey is more than a worthy addition...Wavy Dave and Chris Ganji have themselves a force to be reckoned with.

Please get them to The Jub. I'm all in...

Glad you enjoyed. It was a sight to see for sure. Line em up. A 2 slot show would be great as in the first Jubilee...maybe a late nighter....can't wait for Jubilee. :) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year!!!!

OK, I am a little bit early but I just bought my ticket for DSJ III for $99!!!!

Get them while you can as the deal will go down tomorrow at midnight!

So, to stir the pot, anyone have any rumors for bands not name DSO at this year's Jubilee????

Come on now, leaks need to start soon.   :567:

OK, I have decided, besides DSO......Railroad Earth, Particle, Ratdog, Donna Jean Band, Trigger Hippy with Joan Osborne, Chris Robinson's Brotherhood, Cornmeal, Melvin Seals & JGB, Cabinet, Rumpke Mountain Boys, New Riders of The Purple Sage, Rusted Root, Dragon Wagon, Ragbirds, Very Garcia Band, and artists in residence Allie Kral AND Joan Osborne should all be there!

There, it's done...now buy lots of tickets!!!!

I am going to make a WAG, Railroad Earth!

They have played at Gratefulfest and are due to play a Jubilee.  Besides, they have a new release coming out January 14th called Last Of The Outlaws.

Railroad Earth will be at Delfest this weekend. It is just a short drive for them to make this festival as well. 

Archived