Dark Star Jubiliee 2014

jljbirdq

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So let me get this straight, DSO will be playing Friday, Saturday, AND Sunday......?   Cool!

:580:

Think we'll get an acoustic set this year?

Dear.

silly. bird. qjkljrkk.

It. is.

all.

about. D.S.O.

It. is.

time.

for. you.

to. circle. my. anus.

and. search.

for.

Klingons.

Beam. me. up. Jerry.

Kirk. out.

• Forum MVP

I feel we've been pretty patient. Festival season is beginning to take shape. Many festivals have given us at least the first artist announcement. I wonder when DSO and Walther productions plan to follow suit. Being one of the first festivals of the season, I would have expected an earlier announcement.

• Forum MVP

I bet they are trying to work with Ratdog and get that figured b4 they announce. I think we can for sure count Phil and friends out as they are pulling 250k a show at the Cap and prob aren't interested in taking 25k for jubilee.

Me thinks you have it all wrong Tea For Texas......!  I'll take DSO for 52 hours and late night TN if we can run though the whole GD catalog AND the whole JG/JGB catalog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

However, I do like rudedoggg's idea......  but, their price averages $50,000-$75,000 per CTI.   Bill and 7 Walkers are $10,000 - $20,000.  Dirty Dozen Brass Band $7,500- $10,000.  Keller Williams $10,000 - $20,000, Leftover Salmon $30,000 - $50,000, Infamous Stringdusters $10,000-$20,000, Big Head Todd & The Monsters $30,000-$50,000, Drive By Truckers $30,000-$50,000.  Leon Russell $20,000-$30,000, Umphreys McGee $20,000-$30,000, David Bromberg $10,000-$20,000, Hot Tuna $30,000-$50,000, JJ Grey & Mofro $30,000-$50,000, Little Feat $30,000-$50,000.  20 plus acts can add up unless you book a bunch of regional or up and upcoming bands.  

If the average ticket is say $125.00 and 5,000 people attend, that's $625,000....at most you probably have a budget of .....$1 million dollars (thanks Austin!). Now take off land rental, security, porta poopers, staging, utilities.......I suspect the non-DSO talent budget (roughly 22 other acts) probably pays between $2,000-$5.000 for most acts.  Those that would be over $20,000 would be few.  I'm guessing $200,000-$300,000 for the other acts total.    So, if we can get Ratdog, simply WOW!  But I'd be happy with 7 Walkers or Mickey Hart Band or Rhythm Devils......always nice to have one of the remaining 4.  But ya gotta count Melvin and Donna too!

• Forum MVP

I have to admit that I was so cold that I went back to the campsite right after DSO ended and missed the Werks. My buddy said they were solid. I'd like to catch them. And this year I'm bringing a warm coat, hat and gloves lol.

Dress for cold, dress for wet, dress for hot, dress for wind, dress for snow, dress for typhoons, dress for lightening, dress for tornadoes, dress for floods, dress for sharknados......&^%$#@ just wing it as the music never stops despite cold rain and snow!

• Forum MVP

It didnt rain during the shows except midway through 2nd set sunday night, but that cold was unbearable.  I wasnt prepared for it.  Delicate Flower and myself had a rough time getting warm :P.   

• Forum MVP

Delicate Flower and myself had a rough time getting warm :P.

In retospect, I shoulda let you in when you tapped on my tent for the 5:30am booty call. My loss.

Yep. I bathed with a wet wipe out of courtesy too.

Archived