Dark Star Jubiliee 2014

jljbirdq

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

I know this has been asked before but can we recap who is gong to the Jubilee. I really hope to meet some of you this time. Sunny maybe this year??

You bringin' bacon?

Lmao. I plan on bringing breakfast food since sunny promised to cook it up. The only problem is that there will be 60 eggs and 100 slices of bacon cooked at 6am when he's bored and all the fake service dogs will start surrounding our camp and I'm afraid sunny will be defenseless against them.

• Forum MVP

I know this has been asked before but can we recap who is gong to the Jubilee. I really hope to meet some of you this time. Sunny maybe this year??

You bringin' bacon?

Lmao. I plan on bringing breakfast food since sunny promised to cook it up. The only problem is that there will be 60 eggs and 100 slices of bacon cooked at 6am when he's bored and all the fake service dogs will start surrounding our camp and I'm afraid sunny will be defenseless against them.

No doubt about the breakfast food dilema.  Here's the look Sun is gonna get when he begins to cook:

dog-adoption-German-shepherd-Konga-Wanam

When the 'service animals' realize that 60 eggs and 100 slices of bacon will only serve 6 people, the look might be a little different:

angry-dog.jpg

N-N-N-Nice.....D-D-D-Doggy.......S-S-Sweet L-little P-Pooch?  It will be a good thing that Sun will be properly equipped:

bite-suit-dog-protection-suit-k9-trainin

Might be a little warm - that's all :)

Hello all!

My buddy and I made the drive from Delaware last year for the Jubalee.  Was probably the best festival I've attended and can't wait for this years. 

We did have one problem last year though.  My buddy has sleep apea and has to use one of those breathing devices when he sleeps.  We brought along one of those car batter jump boxes that will power a device, but it didn't even last through the first night on a full charge.  I was hoping that someone might be able to put me in contact with someone with whom I could speak to about possible getting access to some electric so we could recharge the jump box when we're there.  I wouldn't care if they charged money for it or whatever... we just need a way to be able to recharge it due to his medical condition.

Thanks for any info.  Looking forward to Ohio!

• Forum MVP

Sleep Apnea may be a real issue for many.  Im bringing my heated oxygen cocoon I got from the Michael Jackson estate sale.  Id bring the giraffe as well but no pets allowed.  Plop a couple mic's on his head for some primo taper sound.

• Forum MVP

Rude...Your so sensitive to your fellow festie goer.
Although there were prolly some other goodies that could have been poached from the King of Pop's estate :)

I'm pretty sure there's a charging post to the left of the stage - facing it. At least there was last year if I think through the haze. If not, I'm sure am RV atendee would be happy to help.

• Forum MVP

Agree with Tea. The place is crawling with kindness. Surely you could find someone in rv or VIP to hook you up with a charge. Otherwise find a dude named Mango and bum a few apricots for your buddy and he probably won't need sleep.

• Forum MVP

Hate to say this, as its embarrassing, but like uncle fester, I do produce electric current, the only thing is, the cord has to be stuck somewhere other than my mouth, if you know what I mean, and that just wont work.

My suggestion, email contact for jubilee, and get yourself a portable generator that will fire it up.   If not, I will have a vehicle in VIP.   No electricity there, but you can hook up to my vehicle.   

Your best bet really is to contact Jubilee promoters and see what they can accommodate. Lord knows they got enough dogs out and about!!!  Meaning they accommodate many, even idiots!!   So your legit reason should work out some how!!!!

You guys crack me up above.   In all honesty, who do you think would win at 6 am in a staring contest, me or some wookies dog?     The dog wisper aint got shit on me!!!!   But I got a soft heart, and will feed a hungry dog.....bla bla bla......we will all eat well, and I look forward to ringing a cow bell to wake yall fellers up to eat early Sunrise feast.   I will bring some gear, but hopefully for a camp section with as many people we think we will have, I encourage others to bring stoves so I can multitask and cook me ass off!!!   always better with six flames than two!!!!

Sorry my visits have been brief lately.  I am working like a drug sniffing dog on the Mexican border.   No time for personal rest.   Jubilee is well needed!!!  

I am not a big fan of bacon, but I will cook it, cook it well, and cook it fast.  Hot bacon is better than cold bacon!!!   

Guess I will bring my spice rack, and potatoes.    Need those nice onion and fried potatoes in the morning!!!!    I will bring what instruments I can, but really, to impress, and feed all in timely manner, others will need to bring some gear!!!     One thing I hate is to disappoint!!!!!!!!!

Trying to figure out how to make fresh biscuts or cornbread.   I used to dutch oven alot, but not this round.  To much work, and no need for hot pits to fall into.....I am so fucking excited!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rude, you are Rude....behave!!   I would not even know about sleep apnea, think you got to go to sleep first to see if you have it?

Lots of love to you all, and damn, Jubilee is coming up fast!!!!!

Well wishes, warm regards

• Forum MVP

So Sun...let me get this straight:  "Not a big fan of Bacon!?!?"  I'm generally a 'moderation' guy although that personal envelope gets stretched when DSO or bacon is involved.  Bacon is the official meat-candy of Dark Star Orchestra.  Get with the program maaaaaaaaaan.

Got my stove and cooking impliments ready to go - I'm ready to pitch in to get the short-order kitchen up and hummin. Hey, you gotta Try Gr8fulpair's french pressed coffee.  One sip and its shootin out you eye sockets - battery acid never tasted so good!

Keep on working Sun - it's right around the bend :)

• Forum MVP

I'll bring a bag of potatoes and yellow onions to satisfy that part of your needs. Borrowing my moms Denali so can prob bring any utensils needed. I'll bring a cooler just for bacon. Bacon will keep you regular. Coffee and bacon for breakfast and you will be sprinting for the toilet and you won't have to make any scary late night visits to those nasty portapotties. Well chuck informed me that his RV will be open for late night pooping. Thanks chuck!!!! But chucks RV may be a tad smokey as we are putting a portable fire pit inside.

• Forum MVP

Eat Cheese Rude Dog, plug it up like a bear before hibernation.  I recommend a big block of cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't like people using my shitter.    I hate portapotties.  So germ a phob in their.  I feel like I got hep evertime I go out of one.

I have my own little secrets about waste removal.  VIP is worth the money for so many reasons!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coming up so quick, I am so not ready, but I am so fucking ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Forum MVP

Must...resist...temptation...to...make.....show recommendations. Doing it would all but ensure their complete and total omnission.

I'll probably give in to the temptation eventually - wish me luck.

Hi all!  we're excited to go to the Jubiliee for the first time.  Does this event sell ice or should I plan to bring dry ice? 

Also does anyone know the great beers that are available in the Ohio area that we need to try?  We're coming up from FL and bringing a bunch of Cigar City beer hoping that some folks would like to share tasty beers too.

• Forum MVP

Ice was plentiful last year. You could buy a bag or just scrape it off your brow. Dry ice will prolly not be necessary.

Unsure of brewery representation last year - cold and tasty is all I recall.

Hope your Cigar City is in cans - glass bottles are a no-no :)

Archived