Dark Star Jubiliee 2014

jljbirdq

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

So, I am curious of what the percentage is of people who are on DSO Forums who will be attending the Jubilee. What might the percentage be?

11 days,folks.

Not nearly enuff. Although if you just count who posts regularly I'm sure the # is strong.

At home with sick boys today. Stomach flu + Mexican food = Apocalypse. Profoundly disturbing images. Thankfully they are on the road to recovery but I'll need additional help from a professional. Livin the dream :)

Last year my wife and were ready to hit the jubilee. We made babysitting arrangements with some relatives in Ohio. I decided to call them the night before the Jubilee, just to...make sure...all was well. There was no reason to think otherwise. When I called, they informed me that they had the flu and were unable to watch the three children. 

My wife and I got frantic for a moment wondering how to fix the situation. It was late when I called...10 PM. 

We scratched our heads figuring out how we could both be there. We ultimately decided to take them, and they did fine. 

This year, I am going solo. But I feel for you when it comes to stomach flu, kids, and well, mexican food. Hold on Tight!

• Forum MVP

I'd say there's a strong percentage chance of a large percentage of the posters of the highest percentage of threads to be there. The percentage drops the further from the epicenter, but the decrease will be offset by the ones who attend the largest percentage of all DSO shows. That being said the answer is +/- 10% of 11% of total members.

• Forum MVP

Rude sounds like a congressional pollster and just as qualified

langerandGospel >. Your only traveling solo - thousands of friends when u get there. See u there

• Forum MVP

been looking at the extended foecast and of course it changes daily and is driving me crazy not that it matters much im going anyway

With what was dished out over the first two jubilees, I'd say our odds for mild spring weather HAVE to be pretty good.

I preferred Dark Star Jubilee 2013 weather over Dark Star Jubilee 2012. It was cold as all get out, but I for some random reason brought thermals...and it paid off!

I'm thinking of bringing my ez-up this year in case  it pours...I can put it over my tent. It also provides shade from sun. So I guess the major question is this: Will this infamous Camp Inappropriate be at the Jubilee  this year? I may poke my head in and say hello. 

• Forum MVP

So I guess the major question is this: Will this infamous Camp Inappropriate be at the Jubilee this year? I may poke my head in and say hello.

While nothing beats the original, I suspect you may find more than a few companion Camp Inappropriate sites. Those will be some fun rounds to take!

I will be there, I will be there, I will be there!   :headbang:  :dsorocks:

Thru rain and cold and whatever else, I will be there!

So lets see, we haven't had heat yet, that might be nice.

Going for a record......I may the only person to see every band who played all 3 DSJs.........any others out there?

• Forum MVP

Camping in venue was muy Bueno! You have to haul your stuff in a little further but it's: a a better vibe, closer to the music, closer to food and vendors. It's worth it! Invest in a sturdy wagon or friends with strong backs and it'll be a breeze. It not that far really. You'll use the same energy as 2 minutes of Dancin to DSO

Where I parked the last two years was grass, and camping would have been fine, but doing that instead of inside the venue would have been different. For one, you'd likely be out there by yourself....you couldn't hear the music, that sort of thing. Inside, you can camp and meet new people, if you are tired, you can sit at your tent and still hear the music and have mostly decent sight lines, the vendors are all there. This creates a different vibe that you'd probably enjoy.

• Forum MVP

Hill sites are the 1st to go and are clutch if the weather is warm. Especially if you don't have an RV like Mango + company and are prone to 8am wake ups due to global warming in your tent. If you can build shade with tarps/easy-ups you'll notice the difference

• Forum MVP

1st year I had only an easy up and reclining chair. And there was nothing easy about keeping that thing upright over that weekend. Last year I built a sturdier camp included a tent,same ez up(still standing)and tarps. Staking it all down tight and will likely do so again this year just in case

We all know that weather is always a factor for music festivals, and help contribute to the overall vibe, for good or ill. The first Jubilee we survived the monsoons, and frankly, I had a lot of fun..it didn’t dampen the vibe, only helped contribute to its awesomeness. The second Jubilee we froze our corns off, but the days were sunny and cool. Whats next? Hard to say, but a little less than ten days away, here are the forecasts from two major weather forecasters:

Accuweather forecast for Thornville, OH:

Friday, May 23, 2014: Mostly cloudy and not as warm

Hi: 68

Lo: 49

Saturday, May 24, 2014: Partly sunny with a shower

Hi: 71

Lo: 50

Sunday, May 25, 2014: Clouds and sun

Hi: 73

Lo: 53

Weather.com forecast for Thornville, OH:

Friday, May 23, 2014: Cloudy

Hi: 75

Lo: 56

Saturday, May 24, 2014: Cloudy with some sun

Hi: 77

Lo: 55

Sunday, May 25, 2014:

Hi: 74 (Average)

Lo: 51 (Average)

• Forum MVP

I'll take the weather channels version. Just 2 days ago they had 85/65 predicted so I trust none this far out. But I will be prepared this year lol. Electric blankets, nfl sideline type heaters, Eskimo style hat, and furry flipflops. Oh. And a large hot chocolate machine with a St Bernard service dog to bring me brandy. Actually that's way more valid a reason to have a service dog than most. Plus didn't we all decide to sod the dance floor?

dont camp outside the venue its a short walk the hill is the ideal spot for sound and view but you will be sleeping on a hill if your old like me you like to be comfotable i had thought of camping in the large field behind the vending seems like you could hear and see fine from there but no shade if its hot n sunny i decided to go vip flat and grassy pretty far from stage but im up close for the music anyway and like a refuge when m ready to rest plus like the chill vibe and beig able to have car with you

Archived