Dark Star Jubiliee 2014

jljbirdq

• Forum MVP

7 days and counting friends. Be sure to look up at the night sky for falling streaks of light during the jubilee....

http://www.wkyc.com/story/tech/2014/05/15/meteor-shower-meteor-storm-camelopardalid/9134927/

Sounds Cool.  If can't see anything in the sky, I'll just close my eyes and look for additional falling streaks of light :)

If correct this wouldn't suck very much:

FriMay 23

30.png

74°

52°

Partly Cloudy

Chance of rain:  10%

Wind:  WNW at 11 mph

Sat May 24
30.png

71°

52°

Partly Cloudy

Chance of rain:  0%

Wind:  NW at 10 mph

SunMay 25
30.png

78°

56°

Partly Cloudy

Chance of rain:  10%

Wind:  NW at 7 mph

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

7 days and counting friends. Be sure to look up at the night sky for falling streaks of light during the jubilee....

http://www.wkyc.com/story/tech/2014/05/15/meteor-shower-meteor-storm-camelopardalid/9134927/

I'm worried that this may cause strange changes in people. People may become confused with heightened senses. Music may sound exceptionally good. Insomnia may occur. I'm thinking things may get weird. Now enough about jubilee. The meteor shower seems pretty cool......

• Forum MVP

Well I'm going to bring my heated, LED, Daft Punk helmet in case of dropping temps and dangerous meteor storms. Would bring the Deadmau5 one but those mouse ears catch on fire easily.

• Forum MVP

The early forecast looks pretty good. The daytime temps are comfortable and not blazingly hot. 48-50 may be a little brisk at night but nothing compared to last year. Lets just hope we don't get rain. Wet + cold = unhappy campers

Wet+cold+DSO=sorta tolerable campers

Wet+cold+DSO+beer+disco pizza=happy campers

• Forum MVP

My gallon of shine showed up today! I'm officially ready to go!!!!

I'm leaving the shine at home. Sunny said it sucked even though I think it's super smooth.

• Forum MVP

I'm leaving the shine at home. Sunny said it sucked even though I think it's super smooth.

I wouldn't drink that shit with your mouth.

Ok....maybe just a sip

• Forum MVP

I wouldn't drink that shit with your mouth.

Ok....maybe just a sip

Well Im bringing it.  Considering Sunny and JPD finished it off, it must not be that bad.  I think Sunny said "This tastes a lot stronger than my regular drink, White Zinfandel by Franzia"

• Forum MVP

Well Im bringing it.  Considering Sunny and JPD finished it off, it must not be that bad.  I think Sunny said "This tastes a lot stronger than my regular drink, White Zinfandel by Franzia"

Box wine is all the rage - Sun is on the cutting edge.  The Bartles & James he brought last year (while not in a box) had the most delicate bouquet:

1984-bj.jpg

And look!  Newly redesigned labels:

1360302900_wine%20coolers-%20ztil301.jpg

BJ wine coolers.  I'll have one - you gotta be slow and deliberate when you drink 'em.  Just don't shake 'em or they'll explode.

Wait.....

• Forum MVP

boxed wine....why does no one call them space bags anymore?   The delicious bulk wine used to be boxed in mylar, hence spacebag.  It protected the half gallon of chianti with excellent stealth!!!

Warning, I have a tendency to drink.  At times I see moonshine like water, and yes, Rude, I did drink most of your shine during NY run.  I was pissed when Jackson killed the rest of it!!!  Sort of thought I adopted your bottle:}!!!!  I think I have been drinking much less since than, but we will see:}!!!!

I am hitting the road here soon for Jubilee!!!

How exciting!!!   WIsh you all very safe travels, and I will meet you at the Jubilee!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK YEAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Forum MVP

Gonna give you a big ole bare hug Chris when I see, just a warning.   Don't want to hurt anything before the show, just looking forward to hanging out with your southern folk:}!!!!!

Hopefully Rude will get a awesome site for set up, and we wont have to lug your coolers down to far!!!

No worries, though, I could carry ten coolers on each shoulder right now, I am so psyched!!!   No work today, just packing, and even than, what do I really need other than some clothes, maybe one change of underwear, some socks, and my BRAND NEW DANCING SHOES!!! 

Oh yea baby, The Sun will be spinning on a completely new axis!!!!  

I slept little last night, like I was a kid waiting for Santa Clause.  There just was not enough zan to put me in zen.........What is it about DSO, they make me feel like a kid again?

Someone please bring a "free breast painting sign".   I will do all the painting!!!!   

As far as food.  Ok.........I am obligated for at least one breakfast, and I will abide by that.  Bringing some gear, but in all honesty, I don't think I can do three in a row....maybe.....if it comes down to it.......I might just buy the lot of you breakfast from a vendor.  Did not know they had breakfast, but Rudedog says different!!!

Again,,,,,,,excited to see you all, and so excited for soulful tunes!!!!!!!   

Unfortunately Scott and I are working til 3, but we should start our travel around 6 and get some rest half way thru the 625 miles. Very excited and can't wait to be there and set up then dance, dance, dance.......

• Forum MVP

Someone please bring a "free breast painting sign".   I will do all the painting!!!!   

As far as food.  Ok.........I am obligated for at least one breakfast, and I will abide by that.  Bringing some gear, but in all honesty, I don't think I can do three in a row....maybe.....if it comes down to it.......I might just buy the lot of you breakfast from a vendor.  Did not know they had breakfast, but Rudedog says different!!!

I'm good for 1 breakfast and 1 dinner (1st come 1st served):

Cheddar Cheese Omlettes

Bacon

Hash Browns

Petite Sirloin

Fresh Green Beans

Garlic glazed Red Skinned Potatos

• Forum MVP

how you cooking sirlon?   You got gas hibatchi?    Please let me know.   I would love grilled tenderloins, and can get a whole tender for 30 bills.

I will also bring my famous canned half runners.   Those with red potatoes!!!  Maybe I will cook a bit more than I think.   But T is right, first come first serve.

Got my dual burning stove, really need a big skillet!!   someone please bring one!!!  Please!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the least, maybe someone bring a cooking grate, and we can cook it over fire?

• Forum MVP

how you cooking sirlon?   You got gas hibatchi?    Please let me know.   I would love grilled tenderloins, and can get a whole tender for 30 bills.

I will also bring my famous canned half runners.   Those with red potatoes!!!  Maybe I will cook a bit more than I think.   But T is right, first come first serve.

Got my dual burning stove, really need a big skillet!!   someone please bring one!!!  Please!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the least, maybe someone bring a cooking grate, and we can cook it over fire?

I was going to cook over a fire if I could (have plenty of wood).  I could pull the grate from my stove but it will take awhile to pump out multiple steaks - if somebody has a charcol grill rack > BRING it.  I also have a cast iron skillet but it's not a monster.

The takeaway here:  If you have mad cooking implements, you will be fed well :)  Worse comes to worse:  We can use MacGiver skills and make it work!

Archived