Dark Star Jubiliee 2014

jljbirdq

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, can't believe the one thing I've looked forward to since last years Jubilee is tomorrow... I get jittery just thinking about it! Every time I see DSO I have some kind of perception where I stand back and reflect in a different and more positive way that carries me until the next time I see them. 3 nights in a row... I'm going to be coming out of this festival a totally different man! Can't wait to see everyone dancing to "The Dark Star Orchestra! The Dark Star Orchestra!" (In case anyone remembers the intro to lasts years saturday night set)

• Forum MVP

Wow, last night sitting in a comfy chair and listening to sound check was a completely awesome experience and bodes really well for the weekend. The weather could not be more perfect--you know, when the air is just the right temperature with a slight breeze that carresses your skin, and everything smells of spring. What a fantastic feeling! Now today the fest begins and I happily anticipate the best Jubilee ever! 

• Forum MVP

The Dark Star Jubilee has become one of the best festivals in the country. The vibe is outstanding, the music fantastic, and everyone is extremely happy and kind. Really a superb experience this weekend! Bravo to the entire Dark Star team and Walther Productions!! Counting the days until next year!

• Forum MVP

We had an absolute blast. Got home safely. Great campsite hanging with amazing people. Loved seeing all the guys I only get to see a few times a year. Can't wait to hang again in Pocahontas and black mountain with all of you!!!

• Forum MVP

PFBTWD Syndrome intact........ Check

(Post festival back to work depression)

Another awesome time in the lawn belt. Great weather this year, great people to hang with. I'd like to kidnap our whole group and go on perma-tour. It would probably get too expensive with Tea along though, what with the fancy hotels and all the the bath products. We were able to figure out the right blend of inducements to enable him to cook a steak dinner for 9 by himself in about 15 minutes. And it was good... Or did our inducements make us think so....

Rudedoggg is such a competitive sleeper, I think he influenced Sunny to get a few winks in during the festival. LOL.

Finally, fewer porta-johns serviced every day worked better than a shit load, loaded with shit after day 1 and never serviced. Thanks festival organizers.

• Forum MVP

Yes, we were in bizarro world as sunny was the 1st to bed Friday and Saturday night. Chris, some of us need a nap as we don't have queen sized beds and portable air conditioners to let us sleep when the sun is up. Plus Tea and I pretended we were young Saturday night and tied one on so a Sunday nap was needed. Was awesome to be woken to breakfast in the mornings. You guys were so fun to camp with. See you guys in Virginia.

What a great time!!! That new stage is impressive and the lights and sound system are the music version of shock and awe!! Already wanna buy my tickets for next year, the countdown has started 361 days.  Hope I get to meet some of you soon, never did get around to that again.

• Forum MVP

Jubilee was a blast, first night, the drums and space fucking blew my mind away!!!  Maybe best I have ever heard....the Jabberwocky? was a great fitting, good job Lisa!!

Each not got better in my opinion, and I gave all I had to the dance floor. 

Got to meet some super cool people, and than some.   Made no  breakfast but Greatfulpair hooked it up, along with T!!!!!

I slept so much.  I think Jamaica worked me over physically, but again, I have been doing 16-18 hour days of work, so perhaps relative.

My favorites:  Drums/Space first night, Cumberland Blues, GDTRFB, ST. Stephen, Morning Dew, Tom Thumbs, Masterpeice, Deal, MNStopped, Loser, and final Ripple.   I know I missed a few but that's what hits me now.

Good times with good people, I did not get around much either.   Only when dancing, and I made sure to dance everywhere.  Through the crowd, VIP, on and on.   I try to get people to see the wonderful release DSO has if you let it.  Its ok to dance like your out of this world, specially when the music is that good!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, and I write with such stress and sadness, my other half decided, to again throw me out on my ass.  Did a lot more than just that, and after a ride home with so many cops, I come home to have them called on me for issues of tort/civil.  Cops are criminal, so it was just embarrassing, and a wonderful experience for my kids, and neighbors:{

Time to move on, and find something different, as I can not be with someone I can not trust.  I dance big to DSO, cause I love the music, but I bend over silly because I love my family.....one person can only do so much, but I guess I am too "mean"?   I don't get that either, smart ass maybe, but me mean?  Oh well, I will be filling for the big D next week:[  Love is blind and does not allow you to see, I wish the blind man took my hand...........  

Trying not to offer bad vibes, but maybe a lesson to others in the future.   I don't know, but I will either being seeing a lot more shows, or no more at all, except for Poca!!!!!

Happy to have spent time with many of you, I always have a deep love for the culture, the music, and those that really know what the music means.  I have always wanted to be a happy spirit and share, but sometimes a happy spirit is not enough, as this is my year anniversary from last years jubilee that she told me to leave:{  

It was a real good time, and you know what................If I could go back in time, I would still go to Jubilee!!!!!!

Unless I win lottery, and I can tell everyone to fuck off, I am signing off for a good while.

I wish so many of you the very best, and hope your travels home were safe, and your future travels safer:}!!!!

I have lots of love for this community....again thank you for letting me be a part of it!!! It is truly special!!!!!!!

You all are truly special!!!!!   Selfish perhaps, but I hope many of you see me as a person that does truly love this music!!   That I dance to what moves  through me, and try to share that with others.  Be yourself, and always be yourself!!!  Don't worry about what other's think of you at shows, its your time to release, don't ever let anyone any crowd take that away from you!!! 

Thanks for giving me space.......here and there!!!!!!!

Lots of love,

Lost Stranger

Archived