Dark Star Jubiliee 2014

jljbirdq

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dark Star Orchestra  (DSJ #1, #2, & #3)

Yonder Mountain String Band (DSJ #2 & #3)
Galactic (DSJ virgins)
Keller Williams With More Than A Little (DSJ #1, & #3 kind of revirginated)
New Riders Of The Purple Sage (DSJ virgins)
The Wailers (DSJ #2 & #3)
Anders Osborne (DSJ virgin)
The Werks (DSJ #2 & #3)
Toubab Krewe (DSJ virgins)
Cornmeal (DSJ #1 & #3 overhauled)
Ultraviolet Hippopotamus (DSJ virgins)
Rumpke Mountain Boys (DSJ #1, #2, & #3)
The Ragbirds (DSJ #1 & #3)
Aliver Hall (DSJ virgin)

Strong, strong, lineup so far.   If DSJ #1 and #2 are any indication, this is 13 of 22 acts so 9 more to come!!!!

​Guesses, the proverbial David Gans (in some version, last year with Rumpke was sweet!), Donna Jean Godchaux-McKay Band with Jeff Mattson (SUPER new release coming out next week!), Matt Reynolds (getting stronger and stronger and DSO accompanists really elevated the set), My Brothers & Sisters aka Very Garcia Band (strong group!), Folkadelics (Barraco connection and a lot of fun), Boombox (Donna connection and we need some dance/DJ), Motet or Orgone (need some funky brass), Railroad Earth (love their new release!), and ........Bob Weir and Ratdog!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

That will give us Bobby and Donna Jean bringing direct Dead connections and David Gans, David Nelson, and Rob Barraco bringing additional Dead vibes, along with of course our hosts DSO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please keep in mind these are only my best WAGs, and a little hope.  But @#$%&! if I am right, DSJ #3 will be the best so far!!!  Even if I am wrong, it will be the best so far!!!!  Now can we get some nice weather????

PS, None of my guesses are committed yet according to their websites.

PPS, remember NO ALLGOOD this year!

Got a camping question, In the general info it says "Park your car just outside the concert venue, walk your gear and coolers down into the Concert Bowl, and pick your spot facing the stage."  Does that mean I'm camping in the bowl without a shakedown to get inside the concert area, so I can bring my own beer to the front of the stage and boogie?

Got a camping question, In the general info it says "Park your car just outside the concert venue, walk your gear and coolers down into the Concert Bowl, and pick your spot facing the stage."  Does that mean I'm camping in the bowl without a shakedown to get inside the concert area, so I can bring my own beer to the front of the stage and boogie?

That is how it has been the past two years, so yes, you certainly can. I think they mean by "pick your spot facing the stage" they are more so talking about your camp spot. You can camp inside the concert bowl.

I am still laying odds on Bill, MIckey, or Bob coming,....and of course Donna (Jeff).    I also STILL expect Railroad Earth.......

The rest SHOULD be the usual suspects Gans (GD guru!), Boombox (Donna), Folkadelics (Barraco), Very Garcia Band (Dino), and Matt Reynolds (DSO manager).  They are all family, cost effective, and great!  Then, maybe a couple of surprises I can't even fathom. 

Ratdog

Phil and Phriends

DNB

Ekoostik Hookah

Kashmir (Led Zep tribute from NYC--they're great )

Aussie Pink Floyd or Brit Floyd -- both unbelievably precise Floyd tributes

Ragged Glory -- Neil Young tribute

The Big Wu

Hot Tuna

Bruce Hornsby and Bob Weir W/ Branford Marsalles

Moving Sidewalks --Billy Gibbons' band from the '60's back together again

Roky Erickson

BK3

Max Creek

I could go on all morning, lot's of great acts out there, I'd be satisfied with any or all of these

• Advisory Board

Hope everyone has a blast this year... I won't be making it, as my lady and I are moving into a new place beginning of June... just not in the cards this year for me... Gonna miss you all, especally my cohorts at Camp Inappropriate!!

• 2 weeks later...

Two questions--- anyone know where they are parking the non-VIP RV's this year.  The first year (we missed last year) they were just up the hill from the venue-- are they still parking them there?  and the big question-- There was an awesome pizza vendor there the first year, I cant remember the name--- anyone know if they will be back?   Thanks

• Forum MVP

Pretty sure the RV location will remain the same - not aware of it being different in year #2 from year #1.

DISCO PIZZA will be there with bells on.  In fact I thought they were thinking of changing the name of the festival to DPO* Jubliee

* Disco Pizza Obsession

Shit - I'm supposed to be working.

Archived