Dark Star Jubiliee 2014

jljbirdq

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

I think our own little private fest is beginning to grow.  Luckily, it could double in size and still be quaint.  Year 1 was probably too sparse.  I remember when DSO played there were maybe 200 people at the stage.  Having a festival speaker set up with that much room was so epic!!!  But its good for the band, so welcome all Jubilee virgins!!!! :)

• Forum MVP

"This is a hybrid. This is a cross, ah, of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezes belt that night"

• Forum MVP

I'm not asking for much. Just 75 as a high and 60 as a low. No wind and perfectly sunny. That's the compromise b/t last 2 jubilees. But if it's record lows again I will have my winter attire in full effect. No more thinking that dancing will keep me warm in 35 degree weather. Wtf was I thinking.

DSJ III Packing List:

Pack boots, mittens, scarf, ear flap hat, sweater, ear muffs,thermal underwear, and bring some instant thermal heat packs......

or

bring a bathing suit, an umbrella, a floaty, and flip flops (that latch on), an inflatable raft, and learn to swim....

or

aw ^%$# whatever you bring, it won't be the right stuff!

This year will probably be sunny and 110 degrees in the shade!

Hey, love the bands.......nice job DSO!!!!!

• Forum MVP

An all Dylan set? My feet would never touch the ground. I'm a realist though - how about a 78 JGB early show for a 1st set and then an original 2nd - heavy on the Eaton?

OK, is there something I should know.....there is some discussion on the Dark Star Jubilee Facebook page about DSJ moving to Frontier Ranch??????   True?  If so, why?  And where the heck is Frontier Ranch?  Is it nice?  Sounds like it is smaller then Legend.  If so, is this due to modest sales or lack of Bobby, Phil, Bill, or Mickey?   I love the bands assembled, and MY GOD DSO and feel at any price level it is a great value. 

Can anyone shed some light on this Facebook thread before it gets out of hand....PLEASE?

• Forum MVP

Frontier Ranch?

1.jpg

Pretty sure this is just an internet rumor - we all know how those turn out. 

I'm sure businessmen will do what they do and make sure they have the best event at the best place for the best cost.  Honestly, it doesn't matter to me if there are changes to the venue location in the future.  Having it west of the Mississippi would be tough for some and straight-up money for others. 

Whatever happens in the future, I will continue to make the festival a priority (of many) for that year.

No worries - :dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

I'm so upset by this rumor I may forgo jubilee and do the gathering of the juggalos with full garb and face paint. Not a huge fan of their lineup though. Mostly rap. Hmmm. But they do have all the things the jubilee is missing like wet t-shirt contests and the freak shows. Yes there are some burnouts at jubilee that qualify as freak shows but I mean organized ones unlike the dude that kept touching me and saying do u like metal, nonstop. Think he hit the wrong or right fest.

• Forum MVP

I'm so upset by this rumor I may forgo jubilee and do the gathering of the juggalos with full garb and face paint. Not a huge fan of their lineup though. Mostly rap. Hmmm. But they do have all the things the jubilee is missing like wet t-shirt contests and the freak shows. Yes there are some burnouts at jubilee that qualify as freak shows but I mean organized ones unlike the dude that kept touching me and saying do u like metal, nonstop. Think he hit the wrong or right fest.

Unsure how to embed video on here.  This is a must-see if you are a Juggalo-head like me and Rude. If someone can embed into their post that would be nice:

http://youtu.be/pMn4LCnfeJE

Thank me later.

• Forum MVP

WTF!!!!!  What is a Juggalo-head?   

The link above was most definitely the funniest thing I have seen in ages!!!!    I would kill for a wife that would wake up in the middle of the night to snort bath salts with me:}!!!    Or a women who can start drinking at noon, and still be sober enough to take me to my moms for dinner!!!!!!!!  ( God, I could not even imagine my lifestyle with out a strong restraint:}!!!) 

Who are these people and do they really exist?  Whats up with the painted faces?   Are they like furbies?   Are the chics into vegetables:}?  

Not going to Jubilee......so far, but it would be a easier fight if DSO would play a morning show, afternoon, late show---all three days--I would dish out 7 bills for that!!!!!!!!!  prob more, most definitely more!!!!  

Archived