NITROUS OXIDE-whats the deal?

MY UNCLE

• Forum MVP

I often pick up other people's trash.  I hate it.   Reading through this thread, I have much to offer.   I got my first medical tank delivered to my parents house at 15.    Yea, I was able to talk my way into most things----and had a constant south east hook up......medical, no sulphur, no filters needed. 

I took tank to shows.  I had big ass fucking balloons, and I always hooked people up.  We were and are amatures.  My idea about selling on the lot.   Pay what you got, make a little more for the cost of the show(s).    Make a little more for fun for everyone, and than give the rest away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did this many of times, at many different places.

Whats the difference between me and the other fuckers now selling this shit.  I was there so that everyone could have a good time!!!

My only greed is that I took a little aside to pay for my future shows, other than that, I gave so many balloons away. Or sold them for a great price.   I belive in the spirit of 1969 and the love ideology created before that date!!!    I still have people coming up from me from Jubilee.  From several different venues, and they remember generosity.   Most were surprised----and that to me is sad:{    My cup is half full right now.  Less than that, but when its full, I feel most happy when everyone around me is smiling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with STV-----go buy a shirt, sticker, or pin!!!  N2O   is not worth the current price and the fuckheads who now control the scene.   Your shirt will bring you more memories than the 15min head rush.

As far as passing out.  That was my favorite, woke up with the wawawawas in the head.  The warm feeling to the skin, and playing with lucy, my god we both blasted!!!

I would love to bring a tank to jubilee, and pass out balloons.   But its not worth bringing in the elements that follow.    I love the kind giving scene so much more than the make a quick buck scene.   I get off more on giving than taking!!!   Only reason I landed my wife I guess:}!!!!

Besides, there is so much more fun things out there, at much cheaper prices with so much more to offer your intellect....ya know!!!

2 more days--I am psyched!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Advisory Board

Can chewing a cigar be considered a "mind altering substance"?

Lively topic or maybe Deadly topic. I have had many experiences with many drugs, many of them were taken repeatedly for spiritual enlightenment. I will never deny that the 500+ lsd trips or 200+ times a year for a 10 year period of my life taking mushrooms has given me a different, beneficial perspective on life that I still carry with me today. I believe Alcohol, Speed and the fewer –25 times of excessive Nitrous use was the most mentally destructive causing permanent brain damage. Injecting Cocaine and Heroin for many years was the most dangerous and potentially deadly experiences I have had in my life both from overdose and dangerous activities to obtain more.

With this being said, I believe the most dangerous and deadly threat to the Dead way of life, scene, this thing of ours, or any other labels you can think of is the abuse of non enlightening drugs that distract from the harmonious communion of the spirit through a very special experience that I call the Dead experience. Along with the aforementioned threat are the people that prey on the scene. I have no problem with people making money from the sale of clothes, food, stickers, jewelry or any other goods that are for the enhancement of what is good. When I see the Nitrous people, the miracle people (the ones with a pocketful of money with their finger in the air trying to get a free ticket at EVERY show) or the drunk fist pumping college kids at shows (yeah I know, you west coasters don’t have to tell me you don’t have that kind of stuff where you live) I see a decline that at one point in my life I couldn't overlook and I stayed away from Dead shows for a year or two.

The problem is never the assholes in the world it’s how I respond to them!

Wherever people are in their journey is where they are and I despise some, have great empathy for some, am indifferent to some and love and respect many regardless of what choices they make in their lives.

As a side note I have not taken any mind or mood altering substances stronger than espresso in many years and have been blessed to the point of bliss from the music at most shows I go to today.

Barry, this reminds me of a dr I went to many years ago. I told him I needed something stronger, I am eating the percocet by the handfull and am still in pain. His reply in an Indian singsong type of speaking, "you are not supposed to eat them you are supposed to swallow them".

My reply to you my friend in a straight up Jersey accent is " you don't chew them you smokem"

• 5 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

it is AWESOME when they do it in the movie! Jerry edited this movie, right? so, he is straight TELLING YOU to do nitrous during that part of the movie (i believe it goes into some sick playin jam, it's been a few years) and if you do you will NOT be sorry. gotta do it at home, though, since its a dvd, ;) which is the whole point. 

really really really really really really really, man?

• Forum MVP

it is AWESOME when they do it in the movie! Jerry edited this movie, right? so, he is straight TELLING YOU to do nitrous during that part of the movie (i believe it goes into some sick playin jam, it's been a few years) and if you do you will NOT be sorry. gotta do it at home, though, since its a dvd, ;) which is the whole point.

really really really really really really really, man?

It says do not attempt this at home. The nitrous stunts were performed by professional Heads under careful supervision of the band.

• Forum MVP

Rude Dog, if I remember, it was not that long ago we were in a car traveling through some city after a show, with the driver sucking down some balloons you got for us.

I wont buy balloons, nor should I ride shotgun with the driver sucking em down, but like a "professional Head", I would never give a free balloon up!!!!

That was a fun ride:}!!!!!!   Only took out two mailboxes,  went down a one way street once, and made it back to our party room in one piece!!! 

Now that is professional heads at work!!!!   Laughing loudly, as I am to old to be doing that sort of thing!!!! 

But God Bless you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!  And thanks Jackson P!!!  Your  a good N20 driver:}!!!!!!

• 2 months later...
  • Forum MVP

The solution is regulation and taxation . At the jubilee there needs to be an authorized vendor that just sells balloons for 2.00 each only after DSO finishes so we can just sit back at our camp sites and relax and unwind after the show :).

I administer NO2 in a controlled setting and that setting is required.

People, listen. NO2 is a lighter, smaller and less blood soluble gas than oxygen. So you inhale, it is absorbed and then guess what... It all comes out crowding your lungs with it. And no oxygen is present. That is why people pass out. They are without oxygen. Cells die without oxygen. People die without oxygen. The only way to safely administer is to mix no2 with oxygen.

And the long term consequence besides less grey matter between your ears is destruction of fine blood vessels- think extremities and loss of feeling from nerve damage- again extremities.

AND.... Who doesn't like an fantastic, seeing stars orgasm? Nitrous users. It destroys those vessels too. Can we say impotent?

Archived