10-11-13 Fillmore question

Alabama Getaway

• Forum MVP

That Tom Thumb's comes from Skips first show as a permanent member - he brings it for sure.

The Box I heard him sing was excellent - I'm amazed how tight the band sounds.  No disrespect but it usually it takes a bit to pick up on the 'new tendencies' and to hone the non-verbal communication up there on stage.  They didn't miss a freaking beat as far as I could hear.  Amazing stuff! 

Skip is quite a talent - so happy for him and the band!

• Forum MVP

He killed the Tom Thumbs in NYC during the Thanksgiving run. He was grinin' from ear to ear the whole time. Call it blasphemy call it whatever you want, it was the best version I've ever heard played live by anyone. Skip's a major ass- kicker. And he's from Jersey, imagine that.  

• Forum MVP

I am also amazed with the seamless transition of Skip into the band. I remember Barraco saying how he generally figures it takes around a year for a new band mate to fully integrate (was referring to when Jeff stepped in). Skip's integration has truly been immediate from what I can tell (and seeing 4 shows in early October). It surely helps that Eaton and Skip share some musical history playing together, but then, so did Barraco and Jeff for sure.

Besides just jiving so well with the group, musically,, I've been very impressed with how Skip's been able to take musical leadership as a new band mate during intense jams, etc.

I agree August, Skip's ability to majorly kick some ass is VERY evident! And this is only what, 3 months or so as a permanent member in the band? Amazing...

• Forum MVP

For sure Skip and Eaton played togther in Border Legion for alot of years. Skip also had some prior experience playing with the whole band, as he guested throughout the years. He also played a full show at Mexicali with most of the members for the Dave Tarlowe benefit. Dave was the lead guitarist for Border Legion, who had passed away a couple of years ago. So they certainly were familiar with him, that probably made the transItion that much easier. They knew exactly what they were getting. Although Kevin is missed, and always will be, Skip is just better. Period. 

Archived