"Grateful Dead" to tour in 2015?

Rude

• Forum MVP

http://m.rollingstone.com/music/news/bob-weir-on-the-deads-50th-anniversary-we-owe-it-to-the-songs-20140130

What I'm getting from this article that we will possibly see the Grateful Dead tour in 2015. The 2014 Furthur hiatus was to build up the excitement for the 1st time the band has toured as the grateful dead since 95. If they did this 50tg anniversary tour it would have to be as the grateful dead and not the dead. Hmm. Looks like a fun possible revival.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

You know, Mango, I ALMOST put "(or Jeff!)" but I am not in the mood to have our guy stolen AGAIN.  not one bit.  worked out great last time but until Noah comes of age Jeff is gonna have to stick with us and that's THAT.

and i will catch ONE show with miracle tickets if it is Warren but I will probably be kinda sad about it….. 

• Forum MVP

I would bet warren too. I'll do more than one but not many. If its JK, I'm doing the whole tour. They shouldn't call it the grateful dead. The dead can celebrate 50 years of the grateful dead. Although, I guess it doesn't matter. Jerry was an illusion right.

• Forum MVP

I would bet warren too. I'll do more than one but not many. If its JK, I'm doing the whole tour. They shouldn't call it the grateful dead. The dead can celebrate 50 years of the grateful dead. Although, I guess it doesn't matter. Jerry was an allusion right.

If it's a 50th anniversary they would need to call it the grateful dead. Plus every other band tours as their original name even though some just have 1 member still in the band.

• Forum MVP

I had unknowingly stolen the title from Bobby Mcgee36 and even though he told me I could keep it I reverted back to Mango. I like to exercise my "change display name", keep you on your feet.  Song remains the same

Billy and Micky have no history with JK and my guess would have veto power or at least a say as to who the Ax Man would be.  They do have history with Warren.  I think a Graeful Dead Tour with JK would be ridiculously successful both artistically and finanically.  Warren not so much...and thiis is from someone who is a huge fan  of Warren and paricularly Government Mule..Just don't know if Billy and Mickey would sign on the dotted line for the lineup that would include JK.  They would be foolish not to.

• Forum MVP

I'd obviously be more pumped for JK but like mango, I'll catch at least one regardless. To be honest, I liked warren just fine. He didn't blow my top off but I thought his playing and singing was good.

I really like warren with ABB and derek trucks is other worldly. Really bummed that they're calling it after this year. Luckily snagged so,me tix for the beacon this year. Saw them over the summer with Steve Winwood, who was amazing. It wasn't the best I've seen ABB but they always bring it at the beacon.

• Forum MVP

Jk with Bruce and the core 4 is the dream, right?  

10-4.  THAT would be something.

Don't want to hate too much on Warren as he would likely get the nod here but after seeing him with The Dead a few times - Meh.  Frankly he was waaaaaaay better with Lesh in the Q.  All of this to say something will be better than nothing - I would catch at least 1 stadium show for nostalga.  Maybe even take my son :)

You think Phil has been 'monetizing' a ton lately - the reunion would take it up a notch or 100.  "Get your 'official' DEAD bottled water with emblazened SYF featuring each city on the tour!  Collect them all!  Only $8 or 2 for 15.98!"  Tip of the iceberg.  

• Forum MVP

Jimmy doesnt sing. I dont want Phil and bobby on all the Jerry songs.

Jimmy is a different style than Jerry but he can make a guitar do things I've never seen. And if I'm being honest I'd prefer Phil not to sing at all. No one really does Jerry's singing justice that I've heard. His voice was amazing pre-1978.

Archived