"Grateful Dead" to tour in 2015?

Rude

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

i wished i lived in a world where i thought johnny was a shoe in.  has something about this music made me jaded? oh yeah, NOT the music, just politics aka business as usual that has me jaded.  

but really.  who else would come anywhere close to sounding right for a grateful dead REUNION tour than the guy who built his career off recreating the sound? duh! seems like a no brainer.

if politics prevent this, I will die just a little bit inside. oh WAIT, i am a star head first and a dead head second so what do i care who tours with them? 

I HAVE DSO. (which regardless will SOUND better, even if certain perfections might occur on the reunion tour that will be sad to miss, i learned my lesson with furthur already… if the band doesn't let johnny play, it's not what i'm into)

• Forum MVP

Never ever would I see a show, no matter who is playing with Warren.   He destroys everything that I like about Jerry's part with the band.  But oddly enough, they would let Warren sing, while they keep JK in quiet corner:{  

Bringing in Hornseby would be a wonderful delight!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

only DICKIE BETTS should sub for Jerry.

If you need to know why then you have never seen the grateful dead with jerry and should take my word for it - the playing, the singing, the message, the improv.

can`t wait for that 43 minute In Memory of The Other One (drums in the middle)

~nuff said

PS

Constanten on organ, Hornsby on piano (ala 72 sound)

• Forum MVP

Well if the dead could pick anyone, Jeff mattson would be the hands down best choice. He tours as Jerry 140 shows a year and is just getting better and better. I think his voice is ever improving as well and you can really hear the Jerry angst in his voice. But on that note, he better not leave DSO

• Forum MVP

I have a coupon from "Evil Twins R Us" good for the makings of a twin for 1 year.  I had been saving for later use, but I would be happy to trade it in on a Mattson clone.  Question is, should Evil Jeff play with DSO or the Dead?

• Forum MVP

I DO NOT want Jeff to play with the boys during the reunion tour.  They would NEVER let him play the way he wants to play (the way I NEED him to play!) and it would be as sad if not MORE SAD to see what they would do to him after seeing what happened to JK.  

I know its not even an option, cause Jeff loves to play his guitar like Jerry too much, but even if it was, I would never approve because  I like my RAGING BEAST JEFF MATTSON way too much right where he is, with the glorious DSO.  

I will not go to Nepal next year if they get JK, but if not, SEE YA! the 2009 tour made me think I didn't like the grateful dead, after all, but then I went back to DSO and realized it was just that I am, to steal some profound phrasing from another star head, "a purist."

kiss kiss!

• Forum MVP

even if I AM in nepal, YOU ALL will still be here, and I want you to have Jeff in the right place!!!! just cause I'm not there doesn't mean I'm not HERE!!!!  I still care no matter where I am that DSO is kicking ass and taking names and that not even the boys can fuck that up ;)

I would believe (just a belief - I don't know) that this music would be played to sparse yet interested folks in Nepal.

On the other hand, I have spent enough time in India to possess strong beliefs that this music has the potential to catch on like wild fire there.  If I were DSO tour manager, I would consider New Delhi and  Chandigarh.   I know for a fact (circa 2006) that in Chandigarh (bunch of hours drive north of Delhi) "kids" are playing in their bands Pink Floyd, The Band, CCR, Beatles, Zep, etc in the market place. 

It's fun to dream (I'm not the only one).  But - if it ever became a reality, I would be leading the way.   I'd have all my work staff fly in from Hyderabad and Mumbai.   hahaha...what a trip!  DSO's version of the Pyramids. 

Archived