Jamacia #1

Tea

• Forum MVP

University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM (10/7/77)

Mississippi Half-Step

Jack Straw

Peggy-O

El Paso

They Love Each Other

Big River

Dupree's Diamond Blues

Let it Grow

Deal

Samson and Delilah

Sunrise

Ramble on Rose

Passenger

Terrapin Station

Playin' in the Band

drums

Iko Iko

The Wheel

Wharf Rat

Sugar Magnolia

One More Saturday Night

Mr. Charlie Filler

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM (10/7/77)

Mississippi Half-Step

Jack Straw

Peggy-O

El Paso

They Love Each Other

Big River

Dupree's Diamond Blues

Let it Grow

Deal

Samson and Delilah

Sunrise

Ramble on Rose

Passenger

Terrapin Station

Playin' in the Band

drums

Iko Iko

The Wheel

Wharf Rat

Sugar Magnolia

One More Saturday Night

Mr. Charlie Filler

Isn't this the show that noone has a tape of the second set? Know someone who went to this one. He'd love more info about sources. Sounds like a question for Taper Ron. Hey cuz, just left Myanmar. Twas beautiful. Can't access hotmail so just wanted to say hi and have a blast in Jamaica! Having one here in SE Asia. JB

• Forum MVP

Under the JITS feed, this set list was posted for the second night.

Minglewood

Brown Eyed Women

Me and My Uncle

I used to love her

Two souls in Communion

You aint woman enough to take my man

I'll take a melody

music never stopped

franklins

unbroken chain

eyes

drums

other one

comes a time

lovelight:}

Enc..Golden road

• Forum MVP

Under the JITS feed, this set list was posted for the second night.

Minglewood

Brown Eyed Women

Me and My Uncle

I used to love her

Two souls in Communion

You aint woman enough to take my man

I'll take a melody

music never stopped

franklins

unbroken chain

eyes

drums

other one

comes a time

lovelight:}

Enc..Golden road

Methinks there is a song or 2 missing.  I suppose it's possible that this is the list but it would mean that they stretched out EVERY tune.  Especially the 2nd set...

Hopefully someone will get bored and give us the hookup on night #3.

• Forum MVP

According to DSO FB page - Presumably execerpts from the last show:

First set started with Feel Like a Stanger, Althea, Cassidy and ended with Stir It Up (with bassist and keyboardist from Steel Pulse).  2nd Set rocked out the finale with St Stephen > NFA > GDTRFB > SOTM > St Stephen > Good Lovin  E:  Morning Dew, White Rabbitt

Pretty sure there was more with the closeout show but this is all we got.  Lots of holes save for what appeared to be the full list from the acoustic show and most of the selist for Night #1 & 2.  I suspect heads are still clearing..... :)

As you can see, the set list's are now up. All original's listed as - may be incomplete. 3/2/14 additions. Skip did a fine Box in 1st set. Jeff did Folsom Prison Blue's 2nd set.(maybe encore) also on 3/4/14 Cassidy, after Althea. Post Jamaica blues are the worst. Coming down is the hardest part.

• Forum MVP

Last night of JITS was everything we all expected!!!

Beautiful sounds, good vibe, even  though I was on my last leg.   My feet were, and still are bruised and swollen.   I actually slowed down the last night, for a song or two, but I gave as much as I had!!!

Last day/night got a bit too weird socially for this dumb Sun.   Really need to learn to act my age, but its so hard when surrounded by most of the things I really enjoy in this world.  

The Morning Dew last night was very pleasing, even as the workers started spraying down the decks where I and others were dancing.  I slipped once, only time all weekend, but turned it into a new dance move I really do not care to try again!!!!  I finally asked the guy spraying to give us 10 mins till the music stopped, and he reluctantly stopped!!   

Earlier that day I asked Lisa if she was going to give us a 12min white rabbit for a final showing, and she smiled NO....paused, and said maybe:}!!!!!

I had to sit during GDTRFB:{   I was so over heated, that I had no choice.  To much to fast.......for four days.......I applaud myself, but I am still sad I could not give as much as I wanted:{  My fault,  but one can still enjoy the music sitting down, its just really hard for me too do so!!!

I thought first set was short, but for some reason I did not hear a stranger, but a china cat sunflower.    I could be wrong, but I am sure there was a china cat. 

Finally, the staff have strict instructions about interaction, but I got several of the staff to dance with me last night.  Jamaicans have the most beautiful smiles, and plenty of them to share:}!!!!  She was lovely, and started moving her feet to mine.   I was so impressed!!!   The psychedelic two step!!!!!!!!!!! She did it well, and her smile became as big as mine while dancing her feet off!!!!  Smiles and dance are infectious, matched with the magic of the music=====complete bliss!!!!!! 

One staff asked me what my dance was called....."ballet"  she asked....hahah...   Another said, and I only write, not as a brag, but it was the best compliment I had all weekend.   This was a manager, and with her wonderful Jamaican accent, said, this band should pay for you to follow them to every show:}!!!   I asked her why, her response  made me cry!!!!  Even as much sweat as I had, she gave me a big hug, and shared some more kind words!!!!

As odd as I am in so many ways, when the music plays, nothing else matters!!!!!!

The Stephen was played through very nicely.   Nice long build up!!!!   2nd set just rocked it  all the way through.   Even as I was going in and out of consciousness.  

1st set was very short in my memory.  But no worries, I got all I wanted out of the music, and my time in Jamaica.    

Every night had its own flavor and own tease.     I literally walked that resort for 4 days, and danced my ass off for three!!  

Still dazed and confused, but back to reality.   Kids crying, wife being wife, and of course, more work now coming in that I need 3 days of rest.

A wise man once said......"Its not easy being on this side".   So true, but its also so damn fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got tons more I could write, but my head is still with cosmic Charlie.   

All I can really say to sum it all up-----------------"What a long strange trip its been"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you had fun sun.

I know the DSO blog hasn't been updated since 2012 but would be great to get some band feedback on the experience. Will be nice when Eaton ends his self imposed (yet totally understandable) DSO forum exile. Maybe Vorty or Mr. Baracco can opine on the experience.

• Forum MVP

I have to say sloppy work from u Jamaica peeps on posting set lists. Next year I'll talk to the band and have them set aside a room for tea and I to get proper updated nightly set list posts. In essence I'll let brainiac post and I'll be there for moral support. Maybe ill just let him dictate and ill do the typing as my part to justify 2 people. And don't worry DSO, we will pay our own way there. We just need a room and voila, there will be nightly lists and Tea's journalistic like reviews. Thanks again in advance. A cheap ocean view room will suffice. No suites or anything. We aren't greedy.

• Forum MVP

Setlist from Night #2:

Notes: Set list may be incomplete.

You'd avoid such unfortunate consequences and also get a song-by-song eitology for those who were not properly-initiated.  There would be no need for 'The Voice of Reason' so I'm not sure there would be much of a market for that talent but I'd definitely add to the flavor down there.  Rudedogg would make sure my 'levels' were properly calibrated so as to maximize my contributions to the overall JITS experience.

Win-Win :)

• Forum MVP

Lmao. Yes we'd make sure our levels were perfectly calibrated for maximum efficiency. But if we are being honest Tea, our last collaboration ended in failure :/. Maybe that was just the test run. Jamaica is where we finally put it all together and achieve greatness!!

Glad you had fun sun.

I know the DSO blog hasn't been updated since 2012 but would be great to get some band feedback on the experience. Will be nice when Eaton ends his self imposed (yet totally understandable) DSO forum exile. Maybe Vorty or Mr. Baracco can opine on the experience.

did he leave an exiting post?

Archived