Baseball

bs69

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

No one is as bad as the braves. 15-1 loss in their last game. They have a pitcher with under a 2.50 era who hasn't gotten a win in around 18 starts. That's insane!!! They are averaging around 2 runs a game over the last month.

• Forum MVP

It will be interesting to see if the Nats can make a miraculous dash to the finish line and squeek into the playoffs.

They better win 2 of 3 against the Mets next week if they want a chance.....

Nats are only 4 games back, and we host the Mets starting tomorrow.......the next 3 games will likely determine the balance of the season.......should be fun!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

So braves ACE pitcher Shelby Miller recorded his 15th straight loss with an era of around 3.00 lol. The braves refuse to score when he pitches. One of the craziest streaks I've ever seen. It's something like 25 starts since he got a win.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Playoffs start this week. I must say I did a remarkably poor job of picking this year, but the postseason brings second chances. I do think the Cubs v Pirates winner should be playing the Dodgers instead of the Cards, it is not fair to the teams wit the 3 best records in baseball to be playing each other in the first series.

Here are my postseason picks:

AL

Astros over Yankees

Blue Jays over Rangers

Royals over Astros

Blue Jays over Royals

NL

Cubs over Pirates

Cards over Cubs

Dodgers over Mets

Dodgers over Cards

Dodgers over Blue Jays in the series

• Forum MVP

NL wildcard is indeed a shame. 

AL

Yankees over Stro's

Blue Jays over Rangers

Royals over Yankees

Blue Jays over Royals

NL

Cubs over Pirates

Cards over Cubs

Mets over Dodgers

Cards over Mets

Blue Jays over Cards.  Joe Carter is smiling with that pick.  Oh wait...it's the kiss of death.  Sorry Joe.

joe-carter-flashback.jpg?w=1024

• Forum MVP

St. Louis has such a great farm program, they seem to every year be in the hunt without major salaries. It's hard to bet against them this time of year. I'll take the cards to win it. I cant wait til the year 2035 when the braves regroup and are in the hunt.

• Forum MVP

Arieta was straight up nasty! Probably the best 2 month performance by any pitcher ever - Just crazy good!

The Cubs will have their hands full with the Cards though.  If they can't split in St. Louis, I don't see them handling the Game 3 pressure at home.  Hoping for a competitive series :)

Archived