Baseball

bs69

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Arieta was straight up nasty! Probably the best 2 month performance by any pitcher ever - Just crazy good!

:)

4 earned runs in 13 starts. Eek.

explanination for all you football fans...

That like a football defense giving up only four points in thirteen games while playing in the division with the best teams.

• Forum MVP

But is it more impressive than Maddux's run in the 90s

The original Rembrandt.

Maddux started 740 games. In 236 of them, he didn't allow a walk.

He went to a 3-0 count to five batters in 1997. He faced 893 batters that season.

He walked the leadoff hitter of an inning in 0.3 percent of the time which around once every 300 innings.

• Forum MVP

The 7th inning of Texas v. Jays was a game in of itself. I've never seen anything like it and will likely never again. Simply jaw-dropping!

TX just reached the apex of choke only rivaled by The Drive, The Fumble, and maybe Greg Norman, John Von deVelde, or Billy Buckner.

• Forum MVP

Major blunders by the Dodgers. Not covering third with the shift on allowing a runner to go first to third on a walk with one out? Catching a foul ball to allow that runner to tag up and score? These games are won or lost by taking care of the little things, just look at the Rangers in the seventh yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Epic game!  I couldn't stay up for the whole thing with no dog in the fight. 

I did stay up long enough to see the bomb that Gordon hit in the 9th off of Familia who simply does not allow home runs.  KC's bullpen was lights-out from there!

Hope it goes 7 :)

• Forum MVP

The Mets flame-throwers have been quieted by the relentless Royals!  They simply don't strike out, put the ball in-play, and are the best defensive team in the league.  This is even before I mention their bullpen...

Must-Win for the Mets on Friday or the belt will be on it's way to KC.  If that happens, this guy will be happy despite the vitriol shown here:

200.gif

Archived