Wolf Trap 8/3

topher44

85 was a good year considering jerry was in his state of existance; however, I must admit, 85 was a stellar year. I have listened to the Greeks of that time many times, and have marveled, which means at some point cried listening to those recordings. But, the sets were and are too short. I do prefer the psychedelic rawness of earlier years, and since being turned on to good sounding early years.....I have longed for more youthful GD. DSO tends to play everything on par. No offense DSO....I have heard only 1 night left standing That I Thought U Could Of Gave more. But u still gave everything I had for your sound!!!.because a bad night, Is still better than any night anywhere!!!!

I have never heard anything past 88 with dso. I would even enjoy a 90 ' s show. Would put up with Picasso for a desolation. So many roads...or a built to last. Mumble jumble from reliable mumble Sun. I hate my citiques, as I want the band to know I am always happy to hear them live. I have sat down after nearly, if not more than 30 shows in past 3 years only 3...4 times. I was just too tired and had to rest. The music is that golden, and I know now that many of us on the boards help the dso dancing and grooving scene more than anyone else.

You guys make people more comfortable for others to let loose!!! Pat your self on the back!!!! Dso supplies all the energy, but u guys supply to norm to the crowd!!!!

Again wolf trap was a blast.....3rd set blew roof off!!! Have a good morning dso land. Thanks Ron for giving us/ me a place to throw out thoughts!!!!

I know you caught a '91 show with Tea and I the first night of 9:30 club last December. Sadly it lacked a Desolation.

I like '85 quite a bit when compared to the other years of the 80s, but I think a big part of that, as Found mentions, is all the surprises in their set lists. Also I think the June/July shows of '85 were, in general, notably better than what was also played that year.

Short shows, but thankfully DSO compensated very well this night at Wolf Trap :) . Tangled was the highlight of the night.

Probably prejudiced since '83 was the last time that I saw them, but I'd take '83 as my favorite of the decade. Speaking of fast, that 9/10/83 show, they're doing a typical OK first (nice China Doll if I remember) when they close out the set with a super fast China/Rider. I'm thinking, they haven't  played like this since when? In Santa Fe, you can see the weather coming from the Jemez Mtns. I look west, and there's a black wall about 8 minutes out. 7 1/2 minutes later, they fiinish China/Rider! They walk off stage, drummer's go into drums, roadies cover the equipment, and it pours. Second set was as magical as it gets. Triple rainbow and unreal from the Playin' on.... JB

Archived