Are you ready for some football!

bs69

• Forum MVP

It is that time of year again! The college season starts up this week and the pros start a week later. Time to lob out some predictions sure to be wrong.

College playoffs:

Florida St.

Alabama

Oklahoma

Oregon

Unfortunately the Buckeyes took a big blow with Braxton Miller going down for the year, would have liked their chances if that had not happened.

For the pros:

NFC

East: Eagles

North: Packers

South: Panthers

West: Seahawks

WC1: 49er's

WC2: Saints

AFC

East: Patriots

North: Bengals

South: Colts

West: Broncos

WC1: Steelers

WC2: Chiefs

Would like to get a knockout pool going again, any ideas?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

With the Heisman QB returning, Id have to say that Florida St will control their destiny this year and they have the plus of not having to play in the SEC.  Of course we will be talking about some team who plays 0-1 top 25 the entire season who is undefeated and journalists will make it like they are the best team in football.  It is too bad for Ohio St, because their schedule is about as soft as it comes and they could easily make the 1st round of the playoffs before being beaten 49-7.  Pretty soon with these top recruiting classes, people will be talking about the UK wildcats baby!!!!

• Forum MVP

BCS 2.0:

Stanford

Bama

Oregon

FSU

Totally up for some survivor pool

For the pros:

NFC

South: Panthers

WC2: Saints

AFC

Would like to get a knockout pool going again, any ideas?

Mine is the mostly the same.

NFC

South: Saints

WC2: Arizona

AFC

I receommend doing a survivor pool - The winner gets 25 bones at live downloads.net.  I'll contribute towards that end - there will be like 4 people doing it.  LOL :)

• Forum MVP

Ohio State Buckeyes ....

rudedog .... hating on the Buckeyes .... remember hate is a form of jealousy .... keep it together ...

"Drive drive on down the field men of the scarlet and grey"

bing bang boom zing zang zoom ... and how about a double giddyup !!! ....... GO BUCKS !!!

• Forum MVP

OSU is a dumpster fire

Urban Meyer is a good coach and a bad guy

Watcha gonna do when Big Blue goes and drops the hammer on you?

It's been tough sledding for the wolverines over the past few years - OSU has had more success but can't close the deal. Coffee is for closers.

Michigan is gonna lay a beat down on the Luckeyes this year. It'll be a boat race. Michigans little brother might just do the same. Better strap 'em up tight!

• Forum MVP

Ohio State Buckeyes ....

rudedog .... hating on the Buckeyes .... remember hate is a form of jealousy .... keep it together ...

"Drive drive on down the field men of the scarlet and grey"

bing bang boom zing zang zoom ... and how about a double giddyup !!! ....... GO BUCKS !!!

OSU doesn't have many fans among the SEC loyalists. I guess OSU can't help it that the big 10 has been down for several years. I'm a fan of the defensive style game and the SEC has insane defenses. I align OSU with Boise state. They get so many on their bandwagon but plop them in the sec and they will both lose 3-4 games a year at least.

• Forum MVP

Mango, I offered two articles as a point of conversation. Not many want to talk jubilee, crime in the scene, and the kindness that overrides the bad apples. Jerry's take on pyschedelics got even less action. I will try again during the lull. Have to find something people are interested in. Football seems to work.

I get the benefit of week 1 but I have

Michigan state

Florida state

Oregon

Georgia

Making these here first complain about being 5th college football play off.

I will give my picks for NFL conference standings a little later but before Thursday.

• Forum MVP

Urban Meyer would be battling Saban for sec supremacy year in and year out if they were in the SEC. Instant recruiting boost. OSU will win national titles with their current coach. They may lose 3 or 4 some years. So does Florida Alabama Georgia South Carolina. Basically everybody in the Sec but OSU wins the conference some years too. Meyer already owned the SEC.

• Forum MVP

the jealousy some of you have toward the Buckeyes is .... actually sad .... get some help ....

I never bash other teams .... just cheer for mine...

get a grip folks .....

Hey - just a little ribbing, no hatin.  My grip is tight, I respect everyone, and Buckeye jealousy is definitely not my problem.  Just more passion for friendly competition than most care for.  Guess I should rethink the sensibilities around these parts since what started as some fun-loving jabs got a few twisted around the propellar.  I'll get a better grip as long as people take a deep breath.

Happy football season :)

• Forum MVP

Yeah, we were ready for App State THIS time.  I remember exactly where I was when that FG got blocked back in 2007 - Unbelievable stuff.  Program hasn't been the same since. 

Hope springs eternal!

Archived