Are you ready for some football!

bs69

• Forum MVP

Michigan is craptastic. Wholesale changes are already in the works. The Big Ten took it on the chin this weekend...

Happy it's finally week #1 for the pros - can't watch until 8pm tho....

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Its very sad to report that again the big ten will not be factoring into the year end playoff picture.

So many close games that shouldn't have been close with the big ten factoring into several of the squeakers.

Chris your alma mater may be playing better than your South Carolina team. Fortunately for USC they don't play Appalachian state. Next week against Georgia may not be a fun game to watch.

• Forum MVP

Its very sad to report that again the big ten will not be factoring into the year end playoff picture.

So many close games that shouldn't have been close with the big ten factoring into several of the squeakers.

Chris your alma mater may be playing better than your South Carolina team. Fortunately for USC they don't play Appalachian state. Next week against Georgia may not be a fun game to watch.

Though I expect my Gamecocks to get their asses handed to them by Georgia, I'll be curious to see if the Ole Ball Coach can get the team prepared to at least make it interesting.

• Forum MVP

Though I expect my Gamecocks to get their asses handed to them by Georgia, I'll be curious to see if the Ole Ball Coach can get the team prepared to at least make it interesting.

He better put some effort into it. Seems he hatched the A&M game plan on the 4th tee box.

• Forum MVP

He better put some effort into it. Seems he hatched the A&M game plan on the 4th tee box.

Lmao. That was def not a fun game to watch unless u were an aggie and ewww who wants to be an aggie.

Hmm. Looks like the quote system is broken

• Forum MVP

Well I'll be damned........ :580:

• Forum MVP

I thought the s Carolina/Uga game was the game of the week until I watched the heartbreaking 3 OT UK/Florida game. Kentucky had them. They did everything they could to lose and eventually did.

• Forum MVP

Another note: I had to sit through 4 hours of Brent Musburger as he's the voice of the SEC network. Why???? He's absolutely horrible. In the 1st overtime he commented what great fams the Gators had as the stadium was still full. Serious?? 1st sec game of the year and an overtime and he expected anyone to leave. Then in 3rd overtime he said wonder when Florida will kick the field goal. This ain't the pros. At the 1/2 yard line no way they would put it in the kickers hand. Next week you South Carolina fans get to hear him make weird commentary as he said vandy will play the "red hot" gamecocks. They won a great game but no way do they qualify as red hot. I'd say Ole Miss is red hot as they haven't punted in 2 games. Bringing in a 75yr old announcer for your brand new network sort of baffles me.

• Forum MVP

Ask Brent about the Honeybadger and A J McCarins then fiancé . Riveting dialogue. He won the lifetime achievement award and now it's time for 1 segment per week. Brent's Big Thing or some crap like that.

• Forum MVP

After watching Florida St and the Alabama game it's clear that without their starting QBs these 2 teams are nowhere near 1 and 2. South Carolina also got extremely lucky that Vandys QB got concussed. That game did a complete 180 sans the starter capped by that interception returned for a TD a few secs b4 half.

• Forum MVP

After watching Florida St and the Alabama game it's clear that without their starting QBs these 2 teams are nowhere near 1 and 2. South Carolina also got extremely lucky that Vandys QB got concussed. That game did a complete 180 sans the starter capped by that interception returned for a TD a few secs b4 half.

Agreed. The Gamecocks seem to have a tendancy to play down to the level of their opponent. This weekend's game should be interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

What a day for football yesterday. On paper it was definitely epic and they games delivered. Being an SEC fan this was a banner week and with the west being so so good(maybe the best division ever in college football history) we will see amazing matchups weekly.

Miss St vs A&M. TAMU's QB is def overrated. He had a collapse in that game not entirely b/c of MSU's D. Heisman talk about Dak Prescott made me giggle. He needs 6 more of these 1st.

Auburn vs LSU. Wow. How good was auburn' D!!! Thank u for destroying LSU so early to allow me to watch the UK v USC game. I think Auburn is the best in the SEC, but....... They have the toughest road schedule in the history of collehe footba upcoming. They have 4 road games vs top 10 teams!!!! At Alabama. At miss st. At ole miss and at Georhia. Holy shit. If they go undefeated this year it may be the biggest feat ever in collehe fb. I don't see it happening.

Ole miss vs Alabama. I do Not think this was a massive upset. Road games in the SEC are so hard to win and ole miss is a top team with a great D. They made a great comeback but the victory was no shocker. After seeing miss st beat beat A&M which did shock me, I predicted this to be a banner day for the state of Mississippi.

UK vs South Carolina. Note this is the 4th game I saw and so far the home team had won all of them. Gr8fulpair and I were texting throughout this. My cats got lucky vs his gamecocks. I was upset at an early whistle which cost the cats a fumble recovery at the 5 which ended up in a 90 yard TD drive for the cocks. UK did not fade away with the early bad call. The cocks had the game wrapped up until Spurrier changed what was workinh(running the ball) and inexplicably started passing every play. In still perplexed at this. UK on the other hand ran the wildcat offense exclusively every play their last several drives. It was working so they did the same play EVERY single play. I've never seen anything like it. Their QB who handled 90% of the snaps the whole game split out left EVERY play and their exhausted little running back just ran it up the middle. He was so tired taking every snap that there was an injury timeout for exhaustion. The gamecocks QB completely fell apart as well helping in the UK victory. I went out on a limb and told Chris I predict UK to win the very weak East. I did sober up and think there's only a 20% chance of that but that's better than the 0% chance the last 30 years. Go Cats!

The SEC west will beat up on each other every week and I've never seen 6 teams with a legit shot at winning that division before. Should be a great season for SEC fans.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Turning into a wild ride in College football. I would not be surprised if Florida St. is the only undefeated team going into the playoff. Rude, looks like your Ky. Cats got brought back to reality at LSU. don't count the Buckeyes out just yet, I think if they run the table, they will make the playoff. Should be fun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Holy shit. That ole miss/ auburn finish was one of the craziest I've ever seen. I feel horrible for that receiver. If he got the TD then it the season/career ending injury would be easier to live with. Then a few minutes later watch Miss St barely survive a last minute drive. And.....we get to do it again next week. Still like 6 top 10 matchups remaining in the SEC lol.

• Forum MVP

Panthers, suck. Gamecocks, abissmal. I'm hating not being in the mix anymore because the SEC is damn exciting this year. Still cNt get used to mizz being in the conf and this is the second year in a row they're on top of the east. The crushing thing about college football these days is once you get that 2nd loss, you're pretty much out. Get a 3rd and your season is over. I'll be watching football for the beauty of the sport from here on out. Start mixing in some BBall.

Archived