Are you ready for some football!

bs69

• Forum MVP

Lol. Did I actually predict UK to win the SEC east?? Holy shit I must have been drunk. 4 straight losses later and the cats have shown their defense is no better than the last 10 years. Guess having a coach named Stoops doesn't mean squat. On a good note, he's not going to be offered any top coaching positions after the massive dump his team took on the field this last month.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Lol. Did I actually predict UK to win the SEC east?? Holy shit I must have been drunk. 4 straight losses later and the cats have shown their defense is no better than the last 10 years. Guess having a coach named Stoops doesn't mean squat. On a good note, he's not going to be offered any top coaching positions after the massive dump his team took on the field this last month.

Welcome back to the basement of the SEC East. You had a decent run, but us gamecock fans have been getting lonely down here.

• Forum MVP

Welcome back to the basement of the SEC East. You had a decent run, but us gamecock fans have been getting lonely down here.

Agreed......Gamecocks declawed this season.....painful.

I actually think Duke football could take down the Cocks this year.

• Forum MVP

Normally I'd look at the LSU Bama game as probably the defining game on the way to another potential national championship but they have to play auburn and miss St in 2 of their next 3 games. I was so rooting for LSU. Not sure who not in the SEC could beat LSU at this point. Put them vs that weak Florida St team and they win 24-10. Florida state snuck through again with their lucky ass season.

• Forum MVP

Theres a possibility that the playoff could end like this.

1 Florida St

2 TCU

3 Oregon

4. ohio State

The rankings are such BS.  LSU dropped a few rankings after almost beating Alabama.  20th ranked??  So by the rankings they have Duke as good as LSU.  Thats insanity.  Duke in the SEC is Kentucky.  I think the SEC will be a victim of its own success this year.  If you watch these SEC games, it is very close to pro style.  Tight defenses.  Very few Oregon/Baylor/TCU long bombs with no one within 50 feet because they play high school defense.  They hit so much harder than any other conference and by keeping a 10-2 SEC team out of the playoffs is the same as saying a 13-3 NFL team isnt a top team in the league.

• Forum MVP

Stop it with the pro nonsense. They don't look like professionals and if playi NH professionals they would look more like high schoolers. Even the vaunted sec. Been talking about your Kentucky basketball team that way. Even my sixers who are losing on purpose to possibly get one of those Kentucky boys would beat Kentucky. 10 and 2 sec shouldn't go. Reward results. I like osu, fsu, baylor, and alabama. I think osu gets held put for Mississippi and your conference gets 2.

• Forum MVP

Most defenders on alabama will be pros. They are pros. They hit like Pros.

I know that UK basketball would lose to pros. I just said sec football is closest to pro defenses that there is in college. And by reward success u are saying reward teams who play nobody. I'm saying do like in collehe bball and reward strength of schedule.

• Forum MVP

I get it. Fsu barely deserves to be in. OSU and Oregon played schedules. Pac 12 is strong this year. I don't think a 2 loss SEC team should get any consideration over 1 loss Pac 12, Big 10, or Big 12 teams. You may very well get two if Mississippi st wins out. Their resume looks worse and worse as the SEC continues their war of attrition.

• Forum MVP

Just watch the style of play in the SEC games.  The huge difference is the defense.  IF you saw that LSU Alabama game, the hits just kept coming.  When I watch my pathetic Cats play, they arent in the same realm as these defenses.  But being that the SEC gets most of the top talent, that makes sense.

• Forum MVP

It would be interesting to see what the SEC teams would look like playing in Minnesota or Wisconsin in November. I think they will put in a one loss conference champ over at 2 loss SEC team in the end.

• Forum MVP

No one wants to play wisconsins running game. I think Lsu or bama could hold it in check but if not a top notch run D, they will eat u up. I think their offensive line is bigger than the average NFL line by weight. They are run focused but if you make them have to pass they are in trouble.

• Forum MVP

Florida St eeked out another. Will the Florida game do them in? Florida sucks but they can't play worse sans muschamp. Reigning national champs undefeated and they are ranked behind 2 1-loss teams. That's completely unheard of. If they do lose its no playoffs for them. The committee has shown their displeasure with the Seminoles ranking them 3rd and a loss would Prob drop them to 8th.

• Forum MVP

If miss st wins Saturday they are in. I'm guessing they won't care if Bama wins as playing another game may kill their playoff hopes. No one in the west wants georgia right now and ate praying for missouri to beat Arkansas. My prediction: Arkansas beats missouri. Georgia gets in the championship game and wins the sec.

Archived