Are you ready for some football!

bs69

• Forum MVP

Every one of the teams still in it has a game they could lose in the next couple of weeks starting Thursday night at Texas. Really looking forward to watching a lot of football this weekend. I love the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

I think the whole playoff ranking system is a joke.  How can TCU just last Tuesday be the 3rd playoff team in the country and destroy their opponent and drop to 6th.  Im not saying that Ohio St doesnt deserve to be there.  They turned their season around and finished strong, but why even do weekly rankings if in the end, you get some fiasco like this.  In essence TCU was never 3rd.  How do you win by 50 in your finale and drop 3 slots. 

• Forum MVP

They had the misfortune of finishing up with a bad team. They should have never moved them up past Florida St.. I am pretty sure they eliminated TCU and then decided between the Buckeyes and Baylor and tOSU had the better resume in the end. Unfortunately we now have to play BAMA down in their territory and there is game film on Jones. Wish we didn't have to wait three weeks!

• Forum MVP

I think the whole playoff ranking system is a joke. How can TCU just last Tuesday be the 3rd playoff team in the country and destroy their opponent and drop to 6th. Im not saying that Ohio St doesnt deserve to be there. They turned their season around and finished strong, but why even do weekly rankings if in the end, you get some fiasco like this. In essence TCU was never 3rd. How do you win by 50 in your finale and drop 3 slots.

Cause that dumb ass conference doesn't have a championship game. WTF? They deserve to get booted for allowing their conference to be so stupid. Why form a conference?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Honestly can't believe Harbough is actually going to accept the U of M gig. Wish I would have placed a prop bet when the news first broke that MI had extended an offer. I think that would have been quite a payday.

The front page of Detroit Free Press said all signs point to Harbough being introduced as the next head coach. The problem: the picture was of his brother John Harbough of the Ravens. Oy. Buckeye fans should have some fun with that one. No wonder print media is about to be extinct...jeez.

• Forum MVP

Buckeyes!

Going to be a great championship game, not sure how we are going to be able to deal with Oregon's tempo but I am not sure they will be able to stop us either. At least we won't hear any more talk about how great the SEC is for awhile.

• Forum MVP

Saban is going to need a stiff drink after that one - his fanbase started last night and probably haven't stopped quite yet.  Kudos to the Buckeyes as much as it pains me to type this sentence.  Meyer is more of a wizard than I thought.

Winston and his mates got what everyone wanted - shellacked!  That 3rd quarter was about as bad as I've seen a team play in quite some time.  The funniest thing about the outcome was the following quotes from Jameis:

"Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself."

"...everyone in this room, let's be real. This game could have gone either way."

A 39-point drubbing with Oregon hanging a 60-spot on FSU (while calling off the dogs in the 4th quarter) and it could have gone either way?  I realize it was close at half but, REALLY? 

Oregon v OSU could be a pinball score.

• Forum MVP

The Lions - as has been the case for longer than I can remember - are just not ready for Primetime. Congrats to the Cowboys for not packin it in after a horrendous start.

That pass interference call that got reversed w/o explanation was a load of crap. If the Lions had played better in the 2nd half, it wouldn't have mattered as much as it did.

Same old Lions...

• Forum MVP

The call was a terrible reversal. I think the rule sucks. Pretty easy to draw pass interference on intentionally underthrown balls. I think the necessary head turn should be waved on drastically underthrown balls. The rules as the stand favor the offense too much. The receiver initiated the contact. All that being said, rules are rules. Pass interference. I think the biggest shame from this blown call though comes from the haters that want to say the cowboys didn't win. Detroit was still up after the play. Blame the punter. Blame the defense. Blame stafford on the fumble. Dallas won that game. This is from an Eagles fan. Detroit had plenty of oppurtunity to overcome that call.

• Forum MVP

Wow. Just got to watch the game after a 12 hour drive home from DC. Holy shit I was sure after the Cowboys defender who recovered the fumble with 2 minutes left then re-fumbled it was going to cause the boys to lose. What a game though. Romo had a super shaky start as the lions D continually pressured him, but he came through on a few key 3rd and 4th downs late. Sorry about your lions Tea, but not that sorry. Now on to the office to deal with 2 weeks of work built up. Fun times.

• Forum MVP

Ive been reading lots of SEC bashing on other sites saying SEC overrated, blah blah blah.  Heres a link to Rivals class rankings for the the 2014 Freshman class.  They do the rankings based on a point system for each player so there can be no bias as each player is assigned a point rating which adds up to the team ranking.  7 of the top 9 classes are from the SEC.  Only Ohio St at 3rd and Florida State crack the top 9 besides SEC.  http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/teamrank/2014/all/all

Note that the Big Ten has only 1 team that cracks the top 20 while the SEC has 10 in the top 20.  Looks like Ohio St will begin to completely dominate that conference for the near future.  Yes I know that recruiting isnt the only factor in a teams success, but defensive speed cant be taught and thats the difference in watching SEC football and ACC football.  The hits are harder and the speed is faster.  I think the SEC experienced a major letdown with 4 teams competing for a legit playoff spot at 1 time, only to have their playoff runs come to an end and bowl games were a letdown.  Plus the other teams they played had more to prove facing teams that were top 10 for much of the season.  Alabama just got beat.  Surprisingly Saban who is the best in college at getting his teams ready for post season had his team wound too tightly and they played nervously.  Their secondary let them down just too many times and their QB played scared.  But again Ohio State has similar talent level to Alabama and just stepped up their game.

• Forum MVP

There is no doubt that the SEC is the best top to bottom, but that is not a good blueprint to win national titles. Too much parity is bringing the dominant programs down. For the Bama's and LSU's to win titles they need breathers against the Mississippi schools. Tennessee and Arkansas are on the rise, which will only make it more difficult. The SEC should be lobbying hard right now for an eight team playoff because I can see them getting left out a lot with four teams.

• Forum MVP

There is no doubt that the SEC is the best top to bottom, but that is not a good blueprint to win national titles. Too much parity is bringing the dominant programs down. For the Bama's and LSU's to win titles they need breathers against the Mississippi schools. Tennessee and Arkansas are on the rise, which will only make it more difficult. The SEC should be lobbying hard right now for an eight team playoff because I can see them getting left out a lot with four teams.

So true.  The schedules are brutal and they just beat each other up.  This year was a legendary regular season for the west.  Missouri had a cake walk winning the east.  Barely top 20 with 1 loss in the SEC lol. 

I want to cut the season back to 11 games with a 16 team playoff.  Do football pools like they do with basketball.  How fun would that be.  This year TCU got hit hard.  They looked so good vs a floundering Ole Miss team.  They really had a legit shot for a national championship if they were included in the playoffs.

Archived