2/14/15 Madison Theater Covington, KY

2/16/15 Iron City Birmingham, AL

2/18/15 Variety Playhouse Atlanta, GA

2/19/15 The Orange Peel Asheville, NC

2/20/15 The Fillmore Charlotte, NC

2/21/15 The Ritz Raleigh, NC

2/23/15 Culture Room Ft. Lauderdale, FL

2/24/15 Culture Room Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Tour schedule seems to be slimming down :/. Nothing fits together for me to do any consecutive shows :(

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Pretty happy with 3 NC dates and that Asheville is on a Thursday.  Maybe it will only be pretty-packed as opposed to gonzo-packed :blink:

The sound crew is going to have their hands full at the Ritz in Raleigh.  I've seen a couple acts there before and other than your usual gripes:  Touchy security, bad neighborhood, insane drink prices, yadda, yadda - It's par for the course.   The other denomenator was:  BAD sound.  The acoustics leave much to be desired so the crew is gonna get their meddle tested for sure. 

Definitely a thinner slate for the Winter Tour than in years past but I can't complain.

:dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

The Ritz is under new management and I'm unsure if they've changed the layout or not...

It's basically a warehouse.  It's just short of 20K sq ft, so I bet it holds maybe 1K-1,200?  I'm not sure how fast it will sellout but given that it's on a Sat I think it will eventually do just that.  The knucklehead-factor will be at high-tolerance.

• Forum MVP

Extremely sad to see only 2 Florida shows..breaking a 12 year tradition of at least 4 shows ..and they are both at the Culture Room ?! (650 capacity)..(a venue the band has never played)

if you said to me last week that the winter tour will close with only 2 florida shows and they both will be in Ft.Lauderdale both at the Culture room I wouldve said nice joke

living in orlando,fl this is a major bummer for me

will do my best to be in Atlanta, asheville, charlotte, raleigh

• Forum MVP

I am surprised by a few of the reactions in this thread ....

Lets remember the band needs to consider many a factor when putting together not only each individual show but each individual tour which in turn becomes each individual year on the road ...

with that said I am happy for this lineup .... got a Cleveland show .... the Egyptian Room in Indy is by far the biggest spacious indoor venue DSO plays anywhere in the country  .... nothing like hanging on the campus of Ohio State and going to the Newport (dump and all) .. ... and always nice to have a reason to visit my twin sister and her family in the Iron City of Birmingham ...

and this tour fits in nicely with my school district schedule .... got a long weekend on the 13th - 16th window ...

• Forum MVP

I don't think anyone is bashing the band. To me it's more of I want more more more. I understand that doing 160 shows a year is not sustainable as they aren't spring chickens any more. A few of the jumps like Stl to cleveland instead of stl to indi put a crimp in my potential shows and of the 3 shows I want to see, all have a bye right after so have to roundtrip each with just 1 show. Funds are tight and New Years then winter tour will strap me so was hoping for a doable run to maximize shows for the money.

• Forum MVP

ruddogg

you said "bashing the band" ...

I did not ... please reread all posts (some where taken down) ... as well I meant to mention the thread of Florida dates 2015 as well ...

again ... please don't put words in my mouth .... I said I am surprised by a few of the reactions on this thread...

thanks

• Forum MVP

I've done the Midwest.  I actually think Indianapolis and Columbus may get some real treat shows.  They doubled up on the 80s last year.  I agree with Matt that the venue in Indy has a great wide open dance floor.  The Newport is an oversold dump with drunk college kids making a mess everywhere, but something about the dump screams 69 dead.  I think it would be tough to dance in there but just the type of dump for one of those special shows.  

Someone once said "you can't make them all."  Birmingham is not in the cards this year.  I went last year.  Decent venue with space to dance.  I will either be doing Chicago through St Louis or Indy through Covington.  I'm leaning towards the former.  

I definitely don't think Matt said anything remotely close to people are bashing the band.  However, I don't understand some of the confusion regarding the post.  DSO is the greatest narcotic I know.  So tough to kick.  When they don't come close. I have to travel.  Many of us who travel (Matt included) were giving Florida a thought this year.  I definitely admit I was disappointed when I first saw the list.  Some of the disappointment still exists.  I love this community and the friends I've made through it.  The amount of people I see on this run will be smaller because FL was the destination and now many of the crazies we love will be sitting much of this out.

I hope we can still find a trip that works for many of us, but who knows.  I'm also terribly selfish in my planning and won't really include others in my planning process.  Thus, its dumb luck when my friends happen to be there.  FL was a really good educated guess for a lot of us.  I don't think the Culture Room will draw that many of us travelers.  I still plan to go.  Small taste before paradise. 

• Forum MVP

yes I would rather soak up some Florida sun than fresh Midwest air in Feb ....

a tough blow to many ..... but the MegaMillions is tonight ..... lets see what will those 5 numbers be ??

Oh...you need MegaMillions #'s?  Why didn't you just ask.  I have 'em right here:

6 18 41 52 67

Happy to do it :)  If this hits, I'll crawl in dark cave and never come out since I don't play the lottery.  If somebody wants to use them chip me off a modest residual...

• Forum MVP

I think like Rude.  I want everyone to know that my disappointment by no means creates animosity towards DSO.  I know that the band and management can't make their tour schedule and book around me.  Can you imagine a 69-71 every 2 or 3 shows?   I love this band and this community.  I know how to accept the way the cookie crumbles.  I've put on my grown kid pants and will make other plans.  

• Forum MVP

Rick - well said my friend ...

and I am playing those numbers Tea .... if they hit .... I got you covered .... as long as you don't mind the covers being booze, blow, hookers, and DSO shows ..... did I just say that out loud ... well no I typed it out loud ... well you really cant type out loud but I think you get it .... I hope so because I don't...

bing bang boom .... zing zang zoom ... and a giddyup to go !!

Archived