Winter tour 2015

Rude

• Forum MVP

This is a dso fansite. Marilyn and Trent are probably fighting for their due respect amongst these fans. Security isn't about the intelligence or quality of the performer. It has to do more with the perception of the quality and intelligence of their fans.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Considering that Marilyn Manson was inspiration for countless school shootings Id have to say that his music inspires differently than the deads music. You don't hear kids say I killed these kids b/c I was listening to sugar magnolia and I was inspired to kill the people who were bullying me. If you want to know an exact number he's been blamed(not saying he caused anything as he doesn't commit the act, but blamed) for 36 school shootings. Sorry but any rational person would say you needed more security at his show than a dso show. I like Tool a lot. Saw them in I think 2001 in nashville. There were countless issues down in the mosh pit area. Of course there would be. It's a more violent music which leads to more violent dancing. It's not cute girls wearing sun dresses and smiling etc.

• Forum MVP

I blame the tooth fairy for leaving me a dollar everytime I put a tooth under my pillow. don't exactly make it so.

to say Marilyn Manson incites school shootings is insane. there's a lot more factors in play in something tragic like that than music. and as, ummm, eccentric as he may be, I highly doubt Manson condones school shootings. he has image that is marketable and he knows exactly what he's doing. I understand what you're trying to say, but come on. I've seen drunk people fight at dso shows... it's not exactly a safe environment there either to someone who may not understand.

but as I said, I often think there's too much security at every show. venue owners get nervous about large crowds and drugs and alcohol, which is understandable. but the rate of incidents is probably too low to warrant the amount of security. better safe than sorry I suppose.

I'm from St. Louis.  Rudedogg is spot on.  Not having the Balcony open for DSO is ridiculous and always has been... Leads to sardine fest, Asses to Elbows and makes the show less enjoyable. So message to the Band....PLEASE say something...It affects the quality of the experience of the show in the STL...Also the Bar is set up in the only walk way where you can get from one side of the venue to the other and is a cluster fuck to get a cocktail.  It is and always has been RIDICULOUS that the balcony is not open for DSO.  Straight Up.  One correction.  The show last year was on a Thursday not a Tuesday.  My guess is the numbers may be down for a Sunday February show.  I could be wrong though.

• Forum MVP

I don't think that it is up to dark star. I think whether they open the balcony or not is driven by ticket sales. Buy tickets now and don't wait for walk up. Let the venue know that it will be a fire hazard if they don't. Does DSO sell out the pageant?

• Forum MVP

I don't think that it is up to dark star. I think whether they open the balcony or not is driven by ticket sales. Buy tickets now and don't wait for walk up. Let the venue know that it will be a fire hazard if they don't. Does DSO sell out the pageant?

True MC. It was open 2012 on a Saturday night. It's all about ticket sales. They do this early entry thing at like 5pm if anyone's curious and wants an actual seat. They give armbands to the 1st 100 people to show up which allows u to go in b4 anyone else for the bar style seating. They have a ton of wasted space in that place but it also can host comedy shows and banquet style events as the few rows of seating have a large bar in front. It's also a weird place in that you can't bring water Into the pit unless you go to the under 21 part and purchase it and walk down from that side. No drinks can enter the pit from the bar side as well as you can take no drinks or water to the under 21 side. Plus expect a full pat down and pocket empty. Someome I met was told they needed to return something to their car after the search. They were very polite and security didn't try to get them in any trouble. But they are thorough and will open cigarette packs if anyone is curious about the pat down aspect.

• Forum MVP

And rude. By your argument, Marilyn seems as guilty as the other Manson. He never killed no one either.

Just saying darker music can lead to darker moods. I can tell I feel more agressive when I listen to agressive music, but when I listen to dead I just want to grin.

• Forum MVP

WOOT!!  Just added Asheville, Charlotte and Raleigh to the tour!!!!!

In a text group message with other forumers that started with some pipe dreaming about a fun south florida weekend the following occurred

8:01 CDT  Me:  Hey Tea I think we should fly to Miami to see the 2 shows in Ft Lauderdale. Stay in south beachon the beach(was thinking Savoy).  Drinks by the water etc.  Mike why dont you come too.

8:08  Mike:  Doing west coast run and boulder. South beach sounds like heaven though.

8:17 CDT  Tea:  Dood - do NC.

8:18-8:42 CDT --Various negotiating with self and others and flight searches

9:10 CDT Me: Booked baby!!

Didnt expect this to start the night.  1:09 from just pipe dreams to trip booked.  3 new venues Ive never been to is also exciting and I get to hang with some great people.  Ive met some amazing guys and girls through DSO!!!  So many new friends who have been so hospitable as Im usually a long way from home.

• Forum MVP

I remember thursday being the new or old Friday while in college. Thirsty thursday was a heavy party night. Even at Georgetown. I imagine unc asheville is much the same.

heard good things about the orange peel. I didn't agree. No space to move. I did see tea there on my trip. The dancers were doing the unethusiastic bob and twirl in the back corner. Did open dancing. Maybe 85 greek.

• Forum MVP

Last time I was at the Peel it was so bad there wasn't even room in front of the merch table and we danced in the lobby. Talk about a trade off of sound for space! But one of the cases out there did have a nice educational display on the history of Moog synthesizers. This was around '12 so they probably have changed the lobby since then.

Your collective experiences will likely be phenom! No Lincoln in Raleigh - fancy that. I just miss our new tradition of a nice FL run. C'est la vie...

• Forum MVP

Asheville will be packed - Thursday notwithstanding. I'm just gonna try and get in the middle of it which I don't like to do since movement is essential to peak enjoyment. While I'm not expecting any space miracles and I will be considerate of others space and their experience, I will carve out around and next to the folks that will most understand our collective plight.

• Forum MVP

It is almost time to dance, even if just in your soul. Can't wait to see what DSO's menu is this tour. Let's get cooking

+100.

I will be happy with whatever I get although Dylan and JGB offerings make me giggle like a school-girl.

Archived