Winter tour 2015

Rude

• Forum MVP

The Madison will be packed on a Saturday night. Very narrow with several tiers going back and a balcony, couldn't move in there a couple years ago. The Newport will hold a lot more people and be full as well, I will attempt to get my normal spot on the balcony rail in the middle. You will not want to try to use the restroom at either location, so plan accordingly

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

I've done both Covington and Columbus.  Both venues leave something to be desired in terms of space and comfort.  The place in Indy is spacious.  Unfortunately, I won't be making it out for these this time around.  I definitely be back in these parts next time around.  

• Forum MVP

Columbus Newport is an old old theater ...a classic dump .. the few pictures I can find of Madison Theater it looks newly renovated ... yes ??

Don't know about remodeling but rivaled Newport for dump status. Smaller, more crowded, in fact obviousaly oversold the times I have been there. Rivals Newport in alcohol and the "good times" that go with it

• Forum MVP

As it becomes clearer all signs are pointing to me skipping the Covington show and driving down to Lexington to watch UK/South Carolina @ 2pm that day at Rupp Arena...

we good a winter break so I got Friday Feb 13th, Monday Feb. 16th, and Tuesday Feb. 17th off from school

so it is:

1. Cleveland

2. Indy

3. Columbus

4. Birmingham

• Forum MVP

After attending a small coliseum show at the Time Warner arena, I will never complain about a small venue show.

What a deal to see such good music in a quaint musical setting! DSO rocks. Seriously, I am so grateful for the lovely time their shows afford me.  I have found there are enough music lovers and dancers to out number the drunk, rolling on x peeps.

AT the WSP NYE show, the secondary smoke/ vaping fumes did me in!!! We had assigned seats. Twice, 2008 Xmas jam when we stayed in the upper level instead of the floor and this year at WSP,  the second hand smoke put a hurting on me worse than any hangover I ever remember.  also.....There was no real sustainable connection with the  audience and the band either at WSP.  The experience was pretty flat.

Can't wait to see some good music again! i am stoked. 

:dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

2015 was set as a rebuilding year for team Rude but covington just got added to the to do list after St Louis. 12 step Mississippi uptown treatment not working on my dso addiction.

It's been starting MN, Madison, Milwaukee, Chicago but they played MN last summer, Madison turnout isn't always massive, and the Pabst in Milwaukee sells out so I understand skipping Madison and upgrading to the Riverside in Milwaukee which I'll be at, hopefully Chicago too. I'm sure they'll return to the Barrymore again.

• Forum MVP

http://www.newsobserver.com/2015/01/20/4490657_the-ritz-reopening-delayed-again.html?rh=1

Let's hope Live Nation gets their act together with the Raleigh show (The Ritz) before 2/21.  I was assured and audibly laughed at back in mid-November when I asked the venue folks whether the Ritz would be ready for DSO or not.   The original open date was to be in mid-December - now it's Jan 31st.  At least 4 shows have been cancelled or re-booked at another venue.

A friend who lives right around the corner from the venue says it looks like they have a ways to go before it will be ready.  They better swing that hammer faster then they have been up to this point.

I'll update everyone accordingly.....

I myself am really looking forward to Madison Theatre in Covington. I will admit it was crowded last time (2 years ago, cancelled due to weather last year) but I still had room to dance, met some cool people around my area, and the sound was fantastic. Should be a really fun time. Maybe all of us going to this show could meet up for a few pre show drinks at the bar next door! Very cool environment in my opinion!

• Forum MVP

So I've been attempting to buy my tix for Columbus thru fan club. After completing info page and clicking place order it just takes me back to log in screen. Anyone else having this issue? I don't want to keep trying in case the orders are going thru

I got it. I guess I wasn't properly logged in

• Forum MVP

The pageant will not have their balcony open for the 2-8 show. It's going to be tight. Last year on a Tuesday with 3 inches of snow no balcony and it was pretty packed. This year on a Sunday with likely no snow and no balcony will be way more packed. The funny thing is they will still have their 4-5 guards protecting the stage like we are seeing the Stones in 67 or something. Opening the balcony means they have to hire more than their 15 security already because no one should be allowed to see a show if they are not being policed while doing it. SS mentality at some venues. The next night Marilyn Manson comes to town and their security will be no tighter. Makes lots of sense.

Anyone notice that venues are either nazi security or non-existent security. Sounds like our political system atm.

Oh and anybody see the signers for the hearing impaired. Those guys are awesome. I've seen them at a few dso shows but only in St. Louis. Dancing while signing so the deaf know the beat and air guitaring, drumming etc. Much respect to those people bringing the music to the deaf and having a blast as well.

• Forum MVP

Just saying having the same security level at a dso and Marilyn Manson show doesn't make any common sense and not opening the balcony for dso b/c you need 5 security up there with your blanket protocols costs everyone dancing space and affects everyone's ability to experience the show the way they want.

• Forum MVP

I still don't get it. I think too many venues have too much security to begin with. maybe it also has to do with the fact that I have a lot of respect for Marilyn Manson. incredibly smart guy, music is actually pretty good if you give it a chance, a true showman, and he's willing to do all the things no one else did. Trent reznor liked him and he has a pretty gosh darn good ear.

Archived