Any plans for Texas?

guitargerber

I am going nuts to see DSO!  I can't really travel to shows due to family obligations, so I have to wait until y'all come to Texas, but it's been SO LONG!  Please come back soon!  Aztec Theater in San Antonio would be so great for DSO.  What do we have to do to get y'all here?

• Forum MVP

I'm guessing that the distance b/t viable venues in that area hurts potential shows. Optimal touring means probably 6 hours or less b/t shows to not waste days on the road. They do Austin but it's not as frequently as the midwest or east coast where they have mostly 1-4 hours b/t cities. Plus as dso cuts down their tour schedule, out of the way locations will get less shows. Note this is just my thinking, but it seems to be pretty much how most touring bands do it. It's basic economics. The cost to do texas is much more than popping from Milwaukee to Chicago to St. Louis to indi, cleveland, columbus etc. Off days caused by long drives cost higher gas,hotels, meals and other expenses while not creating any revenues. On the other hand you can't just play New York city every day as well, like phil can do and he's not even selling out b/c of too much supply. Likely dso tries to balance diversifying fan base and profitability.

Archived