Jubilee 2015

Dead duck

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

Psyched!

I got my camping stove! double burner.  Cast iron skillet is ready to go make vegan buckwheat pancakes. Perfect with bacon or deer sausage. You  gotta have vitamin G. 

Gotta test out the queen air mattress in the ole Diamond Brand tent.

Helinox chairs are on the list. Can't beat a 2 lb chair that folds to the size of a medium umbrella. 

And my pet pole cat to watch my stuff. 

• Forum MVP

Vegan pancakes with bacon lol

And thieves are only after keys, money or drugs. Haven't heard of any stealing sleeping bags or chairs. Keep money and keys on u at all times and at night stuff them in the bottom of your sleeping bag.

• Forum MVP

nope, buckwheat. vegan with rice milk and egg substitute. makes for a nice delicate not too dry pancake. 

don't you think a skunk is a better watchdog that a regular dog? nobody, i mean, nobody is coming anywhere near your belongings or on your property uninvited 

• Forum MVP

nope, buckwheat. vegan with rice milk and egg substitute. makes for a nice delicate not too dry pancake.

don't you think a skunk is a better watchdog that a regular dog? nobody, i mean, nobody is coming anywhere near your belongings or on your property uninvited

The wookie plunderers likely smell as bad as skunks so don't think that deters them. Also they tend to have a way with dogs so don't see that deterrent. If u camp near all of us, the only time someone won't be around camp is during DSO, so maybe a small lock to put on your zipper. Note they got very brazen last year entering tents as people slept. I'm a peaceful guy but those people deserve to die. They are no better than a home invader and if u do a home invasion in the south u get a bullet. Note: home invasions are becoming very uncommon around here as generally the headline is home invader shot. Hope I didn't get too dark but those thief scum ruined the fun for many good people then threw their keys away so besides being robbed they had no keys which made things worse than being robbed.

Solution: I'm setting up lots of laptops on camp chairs while we are away and setting their cameras to record nonstop so if someone goes in our tents we just walk back to the open laptops and view the footage. There will be a sign on the laptops saying Do Not Touch to keep the thieves away from them.

• Forum MVP

I've always feared a lock would be like a bullseye so not only would I lose my stuff but there would be a large point of entry hole cut in the tent.

I tend to go with the strategy of neighborhood watch, hope for the best, and don't leave anything behind that you absolutely can't afford to lose.

On a specific note for this year, I'm hoping that The Ville festival (same weekend) attracts a good number of the undesirables away from jubilee. But you are always gonna have some bad apples.

• Forum MVP

Neighborhood watch is the way to go. I don't think locks would be bullseyes. Believe me I'm a bullseye in it of itself. They have to get close to your tent to tell it locked anyway. I think keeping valuables on your person is the best idea but everyone needs to look out for each other.

• Forum MVP

Note they got very brazen last year entering tents as people slept. I'm a peaceful guy but those people deserve to die. 

Yikes. Maybe I will sleep with that iron skillet and use a lock on the inside of the tent.

That is really scary. I would freak out !! 

• Forum MVP

They targeted VIP last year looking for keys as people slept then unlocked their cars and stole their valuables. If people woke while they entered they said something like oh sorry I thought this was Gary's tent. Then after robbing the car they threw the keys in the woods. Cars next to tents were the reason they targeted VIP. The mentality to go places for the sole purpose of robbing people is just beyond my comprehension.

And if u catch someone please whack them Witt a frying pan so we can lynch them after. It's called festival justice. Luckily we will have tea. He may be a delicate flower when it comes to weather but his MMA nickname is praying mantis.

• Forum MVP

They targeted VIP last year looking for keys as people slept then unlocked their cars and stole their valuables. If people woke while they entered they said something like oh sorry I thought this was Gary's tent. Then after robbing the car they threw the keys in the woods. Cars next to tents were the reason they targeted VIP. The mentality to go places for the sole purpose of robbing people is just beyond my comprehension.

And if u catch someone please whack them Witt a frying pan so we can lynch them after. It's called festival justice. Luckily we will have tea. He may be a delicate flower when it comes to weather but his MMA nickname is praying mantis.

That's frickin' crazy dude.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm in VIP this year......I will keep my wits about me.

• Forum MVP

I planned not to do jubilee this year. For many reasons...but excitement builds...and much like the tidal extremes with lunar cycles...I too react when jubilee gets nearer.

If I go...know there will be something in the night that will invite, lure, and mark any malicious intent!!! Be warned if you read...this community will not put up with bad intent!!! Many of us Re not so nice out of the confines of beautiful music and beautiful people!! There are people with ideas much more scary than your petty thieving behavior, And they look forward to employing those ideas:)!!!! Should be a real good time!!! You have been pleasantly warned:)

The fun fact of enjoying pursuits will likely be a tipping point for getting away from one family to enjoy the company of my other family.

No doubt...jubilee takes a toll on.the body and mind. For the past two years..I have froze during the night. ..while last year. .sizzled during the day. This year...I will have to set up a more controlled environment...

hope to see yall at jubilee:)!!! I will be looking for rugs and hugs:)!! Warm wishes to those in DSO land.....such a long long time to be gone....

• Forum MVP

Last year I hosted an after hours party at my camp in my sleep. Woke up to find many chairs that didn't belong at my place with beer cans in cup holders. Wasn't my chairs or beers? Went camp to camp asking if neighbors had anything missing. Never found rightful owners.

However if I found someone undeniably stealing from my boys I may just tent stake their hands and feat to the ground horizontal crucifixion style. Steeling at a dead show is sacrilegious like stealing at church. No mercy for a thief.

Would be cool if someone printed up neighborhood watch signs with "if you see something say something" and "keep the scene grateful, no thieves allowed" and other decorations and slogan type sayings and placed them around the festie.

All this jubilee talk is getting me excited

• Forum MVP

Sun, I understand your sentiment. I much prefer that there is no theft at our event but in the event I catch you in my tent, I can not be held responsible for any bodily harm I cause you.

If u find me in your tent mason..you would be happy!!! And no worries I am done with stalking you!! I still follow golden rules:)!!

Archived