GD 50TH Reunion

August West

I. hope Mr. Sallo got.

seats next to. Jill in exchange. for his. article.

I. still want. to give Phil. a dollar but.

I would. give him 2. dollars if. he. would only.

drop his. trite. "donor rap". Maybe. he could.

insead. donate a penny. to some. charity. if he.

could. spare some of his. change.

Beam me up Jerry,

Kirk out

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Beam me up Jerry,

Kirk out

Hey Bill:  How do you feel about the passing of your old pal Leonard?  I heard that you skipped his funeral to fulfill one of your lame media obligations?  I'm thinking you can't blame Kahn this time

khaaan.jpg

• Forum MVP
Lesh, who turned 75 last weekend, is the oldest member of the band. He still wants to play the music, but doesn't want to be in the camp of Dead fans who can't let go of the past. New musicians come through his Phil & Friends project on a regular basis...

Well he's sure right about that.  Phil seems to prefer musicians singing Comes A Time as they read a lyric sheet over those who actually know the song and can imbue it with the requitsite emotion.  You bet that is letting go of the past.

• Forum MVP

It's quasi-official - sort of.  This has been swirlling for awhile but is now being confirmed through a few news outlets.  

The Core 4 (with Trey at lead?) to play at Levi Stadium on 6/27 - 6/28:

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/124425/Bill-Walton-Says-Grateful-Dead-Fare-Thee-Well-Coming-To-Santa-Clara

Let the madness continue.  If confirmed TicketBastard outta be the happiest of the bunch.

UPDATE: Bill Walton has deleted a Tweet on his official feed that originally read, "Just in....... The Grateful Dead have extended their 'Fare Thee Well' tour to include two concerts June 27-28 at Levi’s Stadium."

While there's still no official word one way or the other, famous Deadhead and basketball star/commentator Bill Walton claims Fare Thee Well - Celebrating 50 Years Of Grateful Dead is coming to Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California June 27 - 28.

dead50art.jpg

Walton's Tweet comes after earlier reports that the members of the Grateful Dead were indeed considering shows in the Bay Area the weekend before a three-night stand at Chicago's Soldier Field July 3 - 5.

Sports Business Daily also reports the shows are on for June 27 -28. Neither Sports Business Daily or Walton mention a specific lineup for the Santa Clara shows. Bob Weir, Bill Kreutzmann, Phil Lesh and Mickey Hart will be joined by Trey Anastasio, Bruce Hornsby and Jeff Chimenti in Chicago.

There's no mention of the shows on Dead50.com as of press time.

[Published on: 3/23/15]

• Forum MVP

No mention in Waltons tweet or anyones reports of who will be on lead. Sounds very much like it is happening and I would say trey is the likely player but it does not say that anywhere. Why say it here, tea?

Not tryin not to be a rumor-mongerer - modified my post.  All signs point to Trey but I hope I'm wrong and Stu gets the nod :)

• Forum MVP

It appears that Santa Clara is indeed a 'go.'  Apparently the announcement will occurr after the Phish TM sale on 4/3 for Shoreline due to a non-compete agreement. (This part is conjecture).

Elvis at GDSTOO also indicated that they are NOT being alotted any tickets for mail order (This part is not).

• 3 weeks later...

I got 2 tickets for each night in San Jose. Got email confirmation yesterday.

First show Englishtown NJ 1977. I've probably been to 30 -40 Grateful Dead shows and another 10-12 JGB shows. I miss Jerry. No one can take his place. I'm completing my journey with this band now. Full circle. California here I come!

DSO May 28th Count Basie Theater. Should be good!

• Forum MVP

Movie theater sound sucks too.  Its not made for music.  Its about center and surround effects.  And you cant drink, smoke, etc in a theater and guessing its like 25 bucks.

• Forum MVP

MC he's not about money. He opened up another 15k seats behind the stage in Chicago so more people could experience the dead. If you think upping capacity was about making more money u are cynical. The movie theater thing is about the fans. I'm assuming he's donating his cut on the add ons to the Rex foundation. And I heard it's only a rumor that he threatened to tell the world that bobby had a sock sewn into his short shorts for a consistent bulge unless they did 2 additional Cali shows.

• Forum MVP

Ka-Ching!  I was hoping beyond hope that these would be a little more reasonable.  What the hell was I thinking!

http://www.relix.com/news/detail/fare_thee_well_sh ows_to_be_available_on_pay_per_view

In addition to the theater broadcast of the Chicago shows, the Fare Thee Well finale in Chicago will now also be available to watch in the comfort of your home. Rolling Stone is reporting that the three shows at Soldier Field featuring the surviving members of the Grateful Dead and Trey Anastasio, Bruce Hornsby and Jeff Chimenti will be available via a pay-per-view broadcast produced by Live Alliance. All five shows will also be available via an as-yet-unannounced online streaming platform.

The band's Chicago shows will be available to watch on TV and in theaters, as was previously announced, while the June 27 and 28 Santa Clara, CA shows can be streamed online.

The pay-per-view event will be hosted by CNBC reporter Steve Liesman and feature special guest host Bill Walton, NBA Hall of Famer and noted Deadhead. The intermission for each show will feature taped interviews, live interviews with fans, a short documentary on the Grateful Dead directed by Justin Kreutzmann and more. The broadcast will also be accessible as a video-on-demand option for fans that can't catch the shows live.

Pre-orders are now live at the Dead50 website from May 1-15 with an option to purchase the webcast for all five nights at $79.95.

• Forum MVP

Thanks Tea. To be honest, I've been bored by all the Further, Dead and other post JG "shows". Just because the media is making a big deal out of this, it still doesn't remove the fact that Jerry's been gone coming on 20 years. I really get into seeing GD and JGB material played in small clubs and bars. Now that's a psychedelic experience that both DSO and BCE have been creating for years. Can't wait for this round of GD propaganda to pass over. Phish has been keeping the parking lot touring scene alive, so I will be at Blossom on August 7th to get my ya-ya's out! Meet up's have been cool because we get some Garcia in the mix. Hey, I'm just a strugglin' man and don't have the big $ GDP wants to keep collecting.

Hopefully, all these PPV's will end up on youtube. I can't see spending $400.00 to watch TV in my living room when it ain't Jerry or Hunter

• Forum MVP

I watched that late show Althea and thought Mayer was a basic guitarist. Nothing creative and a dumbed down Jerry part. They won't be selling out stadiums with weir and Mayer.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived