Cleveland HOB

Ammagamalin Crew

I'd say Hendrix gets credit for making it a massive hit in the mainstream. Just like the dead made amazing "better" versions of other Dylan songs, Hendrix IMO made the best watchtower. If you asked 100 deadheads who wrote Masterpiece I bet half would say the dead. If u asked 100 rock fams who wrote watchtower I bet 90 would say Hendrix.

0-2 and a rock fan?

• Forum MVP

In the days b4 Internet I heard watchtower all the time on the radio by Jimi. I'd have no way of knowing it was a Dylan song as there was no way to look it up. For years I also thought Masterpiece was a dead song as well.

• Advisory Board

I don't think DSO ever did a post 93 show... but I could be wrong...I started seeing the Dead back in 93, not cause I didn't get into them by then, I was only 16 at the time... 1 show in 93, 2 shows in 94, and 2 in 95.. went to one of the Spectrum shows in 95, but couldn't score a ticket..

Now when I go back and listen to these shows, oh my... they are bad... lol, but at the time, being 16-18 with a head full of LSD, and just happy to be at the circus, I wouldn't trade it for the world...

• Forum MVP

DSO did 3/30/94 from the Spring run at GAMH in 2009. That's the latest I'm aware of and I know because the whole run was given to me as a gift by a kind forum member.

94-95 was a rough go but it didn't keep fans from having their fun. I had my fair share despite the growing sketch-factor.

• Forum MVP

DSO did 3/30/94 from the Spring run at GAMH in 2009.

Like I said on page 1, I thought that had happened...

I want to say I saw DSO do 3/30/94.  The final Dark Star.  Looking at the list, there nothing other than Liberty that couldn't have been from a few years prior.

Archived