Willie Nelson - Nelson Ledges show

Teacher Matt

• 4 months later...
  • Forum MVP

record crowd at Nelson Ledges ... it was so so much fun .... 6,500 to see Willie ...

I tell you what ... Old Crow Medicine Show opened at 8pm ... WOW ... do they put on a good old rocking dancing country show ... 1.5 hours ....

then fireworks ...

then Willie ..... enough said .... he brought it .... played them all one after another ... 1.25 hours .... I have seen Willie at least 10 times .. this might be the last... but was so surprised about how many people were there to see him for the first time and they were genuine in the love they had for this old "outlaw country" warrior ....

this night will go down as one of my top fun times .... I was with 2 old good buddies .... we camped for one night prior and one night after the show.....

LEDGES - impressed me .... this crowd was there for the music and just good camp fire times etc ... good after show parties ..and yes I did stay up past my bedtime after the Willie show ..... not one time did any so called dirty young kids try to push drugs ... not one time .... good thing we brought plenty ... shut the front door !!.... who said that !!

bing bang boom zing zang zoom !!

• Forum MVP

... not one time did any so called dirty young kids try to push drugs ... not one time .... good thing we brought plenty ... shut the front door !!.... who said that !!

bing bang boom zing zang zoom !!

Congrats on proper preparation. As my tour friends will confess, part of my "charm" is my anal attention to detail on tour. They will all tell you I'm not in the least bit annoying at all because of this. Forget my sandles? I stopped worrying about those within just a couple days. So what I started planning my pre show dinner around the second I woke up. We all need food to dance and I have to make sure those carbs kick in at exactly the right time. I'd hate for the show to be ruined by my food not digesting on time. This post is unfortunately not completely sarcastic. A regimented tour schedule leads to a happy dancer :).

• Forum MVP

Rude, you are not the only one on the Boy Scout "be prepared" bus. We just ride, but with a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, and sunglasses for when it's dark.

MC, the Mystery Cats or any JGB related entity would be a draw. The notion of toes in the sand and music in the head in Ohio being shared one more time with family is mighty attractive. It would be nice for it to happen.

• Forum MVP

.... The notion of toes in the sand and music in the head in Ohio being shared one more time with family is mighty attractive. It would be nice for it to happen.

It can happen again, Chuck. We don't have to have DSO threre, There are many good bands that fit into that spot by the quarry lake. Did you guys realize that a few years ago the Ledges were swarming with many real true to life elves. I was hanging out for a few days with Galadriel, the Queen of the elves. One morning another lady elf sang the complete set of many songs of "Terrapin Station as I enjoyed the oatmeal breakfast she gave me. The Ledges is a truly magical place.

Peace and Love,

Doc

• 2 weeks later...

Archived